3-9: Tyrod Taylor & Coach McDermott Pressers at 6 PM

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott Presser: Sean McDermott addressed the media after Tyrod Taylor. He started off by giving credit to the entire organization for getting so many players signed so early in free agency. He called it an entire team effort. It's a tough time of year since you use good players. The ones they lost are good players but they are going to do everything in the power to find players that fit the DNA that will add competition and depth at every position. The release of Aaron Williams was strictly a football decision and that was a tough decision to make. On Micah Hyde he plays multiple positions and he is a great value for them and played in big games. The players they got fit that mold of versatility, intangibles, and toughness. On signing two fullbacks, they are a big part of this offense but it just isn't about playing fullback it's about versatility and leadership and that is what Mike Tolbert brings as he had a front row seat in seeing what he can do including transitioning to running back when they need him too. He is different than what Patrick DiMarco brings to the table. He had the video games and pool tables removed from the locker room because it is a business and they have to stay focused on the task of hand. They have to earn the right to win on a daily basis and playing video games doesn't do that. He added later that he left the ping pong table because he jokingly said it adds ball skills. They will look to add at wide receiver in a methodical way. On the Taylor decision he said the process was phenomenal they had very productive and healthy meetings which sometimes lead to disagreements but those are healthy. This was a decision they all agreed upon to put the organization in the right direction at this time. At corner he said they have a lot of confidence in both Ronald Darby and Kevon Seymour at the position. They will still pursue every opportunity to improve that position as well. At right tackle he said they have some pieces there but they are looking at it hard.

Man I love listening to Sean McDermott talk. It's like night and day compared to Rex.

I really think we got a good one in McDermott.

Ive been a fan of his for a while and was thrilled when I heard Buffalo was interviewing him (and even more thrilled when they hired him).

Man I love listening to Sean McDermott talk. It's like night and day compared to Rex.

Ive been a fan of his for a while and was thrilled when I heard Buffalo was interviewing him (and even more thrilled when they hired him).

I noticed his laugh is awkwardly funny

Agree...I loved when he was asked about the video games and he said: "I don't believe that playing video games in the locker room is earning the right to win".

Agree...I loved when he was asked about the video games and he said: "I don't believe that playing video games in the locker room is earning the right to win".

On Sirius Pat Kriwan said he has a ton of respect for McDermott and liked this move. "You're there to work. You go to work in the morning. You work all day. You go home at night and rest. And you do it all again the next day." Amen, PK.

He is a joke.

No the redskin GM or the Texans GM is a joke

Agreed, was just talking this over with a friend. He will be the voice of the Bills moving forward which is important IMO.

if anyone paid attention ; the organization , when coach was hired, said that he would be the point of contact. already

Tyrod Taylor: "This Is The Place To Be" (12:15)

Quarterback Tyrod Taylor addressed the media after restructuring his contract topics include; why he restructured, the new coaching staff, getting heathy, and the new offensive scheme.

Sean McDermott: "A Team Effort From Day One" (14:32)

The Bills head coach talks about the new additions to the roster, adding competition, and creating team chemistry.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Agreed All this public speaking nonsense with coach/Gm is petty and absurd.

Rex Ryan won press conferences and offseasons. It matter so much!

Guess what? Your coach and GM shouldn't say anything to the media. The less information the better. I'm impressed by the way they keep the TT information quiet.