Robert Woods signing with Rams

Sad to see him go but he wasn't worth the money that he was asking for. When drafted, I had high hopes for him and saw him as as close to a sure thing as you can get. He had some good games but injuries derailed him.

In a best case scenario, I could see him being an Anquan Boldin or Donald Driver where the stats aren't flashy but reliable every year. I still think that Woods could be this type of player in the right system, but have doubts on whether or not the Rams are the best fit.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aaron_wilsonNFL

Robert Woods: $34M, $15M gtd salaries $3M, $5M, $4.5M, $5.5M, $7.5M; March 17 $4M roster bonus, $3M 2018 5th year roster bonus

Robert Woods has $31,250 per game active 2019-2021, $600K stats, Pro Bowl, playoffs incentive, $500K base escalator

It's bad, that's for sure.

Paying that money for a #2 WR that you will always be wanting to replace with someone better........not good.

Exactly, if you're going by his numbers only, you can go get a rookie to replicate it and they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than that contract.

Exactly, if you're going by his numbers only, you can go get a rookie to replicate it and they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than that contract.

Not to bash you post in particular and I agree your right. I truly believe his numbers kinda sucked due to running in the secondary wide open and not getting thrown to as well.

Problem is this, many did not want to "Pay" him like they are actually paying him. If he goes on to have big numbers or solid career with the Rams the hang Whaley gang that said not pay him will have their pitchforks out to fire him.

At least this is how BBMB worked. I hope it's different here but doubt it.

Edited by Real McCoy

I am soooooooooooooo happpppppy we did not waste that money on Woods...that is an awful contract for a mediocre #2 WR. Which perfectly aligns for the awful contract the Rams paid last year to their tiny #1 WR Austin who has terrible hands.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Not to bash you post in particular and I agree your right. I truly believe his numbers kinda sucked due to running in the secondary wide open and not getting thrown to as well.

Problem is this, many did not want to "Pay" him like they are actually paying him. If he goes on to have big numbers or solid career with the Rams the hang Whaley gang that said not pay him will have their pitchforks out to fire him.

At least this is how BBMB worked. I hope it's different here but doubt it.

I won't hang him, I think he did what's best for the team currently, can't foresee the future.