Bills to sign former Seahawks K Steven Hauschka

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has missed 10 extra points since the new rule, more than Carpenter, in less attempts. I don't follow that logic.

He is, or has been, a very accurate FG guy though, and can kick off so there's that.

Yeah, but he had to play in the terrible conditions of the NFC West!

Between Carpenter and Gay they were over $3 million in kicker cap hits so I guess this technically is a cap saving AND they gain a roster spot?

That is the way I'd be approaching it. The roster spot alone has good value. I just hope the guy can make his PAT's.

He has missed 10 extra points since the new rule, more than Carpenter, in less attempts. I don't follow that logic.

He is, or has been, a very accurate FG guy though, and can kick off so there's that.

Yeah, but he had to play in the terrible conditions of the NFC West!

I believe most of the misses were blocks. So not sure if it's a blocking issue or a set up issue with him. Anyone look into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe most of the misses were blocks. So not sure if it's a blocking issue or a set up issue with him. Anyone look into this?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone said that Pete Carroll said he was kicking them too low

But their OL is a cess pool so I don't think they should be absolved of blame

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's the #2 kicker in NFL history in fg%. Think of that for a second. He's a top 2 or 3 kicker in kickoffs. Extra points were blocked not missed, which I think is better than the reverse. Kicks were a bit low, but trajectory is easier to correct than having the extra point yips (carpenter)