Cleveland Heavily After Tyrod Taylor.

I think you gotta be realistic here and figure in terms of draft capital, the 33rd is worth a couple of spots if you can find replacement value at QB which to me is a net gain.

I did. Then i remembered what rhe eagles got for Bradford who jus had his best season after switching teams. Prior to tha he was almost always hurt or a streaky player at best.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think with 1 and 33 you go whichever QB you like the best and the best WR left at 33 and you never worry about Tyrod or Woods again. Then you still can move a 6th for Simein incase Watsons not ready to go week 1

Nobody in their right mind is giving us a 1st and 2nd for TT, not even the Browns

Every thing I've read and heard is this free agent period is setting up to blow people away with mediocre to good players getting paid like great players. If Mike Glennon is getting more than Tyrod, is his option still so bad? Especially for a team like Cleveland who would likely be low on Tyrod's preferred list of teams anyway, it might be the only opportunity for them to add a proven talent at a somewhat reasonable deal.

Wins against replacement would be an interesting metric to guage value for a middling QB. DePodesta is surely using it, I would venture a guess that any non elite QB would not fare well when being viewed through that lense. I don't see the connection between the Browns and Taylor. They are playing a numbers game, the numbers would say pay a steeper price for a potential franchise guy like JG than waste picks on raising your floor at QB.

No team is going to trade for Tyrod. At this point all the Bills have done is **** on his value. These teams probably figure the Bills are just going to cut him. Might as well wait. The Bills should have been playing it up like they love the guy, if the idea was to move him for value. Instead they pretty much sunk that ship themselves. Now teams will just wait it out and keep their picks.

No team is going to trade for Tyrod. At this point all the Bills have done is **** on his value. These teams probably figure the Bills are just going to cut him. Might as well wait. The Bills should have been playing it up like they love the guy, if the idea was to move him for value. Instead they pretty much sunk that ship themselves. Now teams will just wait it out and keep their picks.

He never had enough value from other teams. They weren't making good offers even back then.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Wins against replacement would be an interesting metric to guage value for a middling QB. DePodesta is surely using it, I would venture a guess that any non elite QB would not fare well when being viewed through that lense. I don't see the connection between the Browns and Taylor. They are playing a numbers game, the numbers would say pay a steeper price for a potential franchise guy like JG than waste picks on raising your floor at QB.

I agree. Solid post.

Some numbers (TD-INT %, ESPN's QBR) paint Tyrod in a very positive light, not to mention our top ranked rushing offense. Who knows what formula the Browns are using, but if you plug in the right numbers compared to the market on QB salaries, Tyrod could look like the right thing to do.

Correct, It's semantics. If NE offered pick 32, it'd be essentially the same thing.

Do you think the Bills would make this trade if Clev does offer the 33rd OVR pick?

If they do? Who do u think they would replace Taylor with? Cutler? Siemian? Draft pick?

Do you think the Bills would make this trade if Clev does offer the 33rd OVR pick?

If they do? Who do u think they would replace Taylor with? Cutler? Siemian? Draft pick?

I would go with a trade for Siemian and a top 33 QB.

I did. Then i remembered what rhe eagles got for Bradford who jus had his best season after switching teams. Prior to tha he was almost always hurt or a streaky player at best.

This is what would make it difficult for me to not demand a first for TT. Recently teams have been willing to pay unreasonable prices for QB's. Why can't we rip someone off?

I would go with a trade for Siemian and a top 33 QB.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Siemian knows Dennison's offense. And I thought he did a pretty decent job running it last year. And would be a lot cheaper option than Tyrod.