McDermotts and Frazier's Defense

McDermott has historically ran an attacking 43 cover 3 Defense

We have very good D line depth in place and a host of guys who are great 3 techs

The LBr Corp and secondary are where we are a bit weak especially if Gilmore and Zach brown walks

Problem #1 is Preston brown. He is one of the worst starting ILBs in the NFL and takes JV angles... He is also to slow to take bad angles and it severely hurts his game

We have Ragland coming back, and he can man the middle, while Zach is will with brown at strong side

Or Draft foster at 10. Foster at MLB, Zach brown at WILL and Ragland at strong

That is a nice 3 pair of LBrs that can run and hit

I can also see the two safeties , the two WRs or Kizer, Watson, Trubisky

Dark horse would be marshawn lattimore, CB out of Ohio State.. we need a true #1 over 6ft if Gilmore walks and this would be him

Edited by Buffalo716

We have very good D line depth in place and a host of guys who are great 3 techs

The LBr Corp and secondary are where we are a bit weak especially if Gilmore and Zach brown walks

Problem #1 is Preston brown. He is one of the worst starting ILBs in the NFL and takes JV angles... He is also to slow to take bad angles and it severely hurts his game

We have Ragland coming back, and he can man the middle, while Zach is will with brown at strong side

Dark horse would be marshawn lattimore, CB out of Ohio State.. we need a true #1 over 6ft if Gilmore walks and this would be him

No WR, Safety or QB at #10??

Preston was great back in '14 in Schwartz's wide 9 scheme. I bet you he comes right back to where he was this year.

Luckily for the Bills, this draft is loaded with secondary talent. I bet you we could snag a starter 2nd or even 3rd round. Whaley does seem to find some late round gems (see Seymore, Kevon).

I still want a QB at 10, or Corey Davis. That, or trade down and grab some more 2nd round picks.

No WR, Safety or QB at #10??

I love hooker and Adams but I don't think either will make it to 10

I could live with a QB also

I feel like we need defensive help big-time in the LB Corp or secondary

Big fan of Corey Davis tho

Edited by Buffalo716

I fully expect AJ Klein will be a primary target in FA to plug into the middle as a guy who knows the scheme. I think Zach Brown is going to get a lot more money than people realize, there's SOOO much money available to be spent this year and he's the best linebacker by far.

Gilmore is definitely gone, I could see a cheap FA brought in to replace him or taking Lattimore or Sidney Jones at #10 because that's the type of stuff DW does. I appreciate all Graham and A. Williams bring to the team, but I wish we would have moved on from them, tagged Gilmore, signed Tony Jefferson (though he's going to get PAID too) and take Hooker at 10.

I love hooker and Adams but I don't think either will make it to 10

I could live with a QB also

I feel like we need defensive help big-time in the LB Corp or secondary

Big fan of Corey Davis tho

Very fluid at the top this year. 4 DL who could be in consideration for top 10, the QBs seem to be predictably shooting up, the two WRs, Foster, and Lattimore/Hooker/Adams maybe Sidney Jones too. The BPA out of any of those spots could likely be a solid pick for us.

I fully expect AJ Klein will be a primary target in FA to plug into the middle as a guy who knows the scheme. I think Zach Brown is going to get a lot more money than people realize, there's SOOO much money available to be spent this year and he's the best linebacker by far.

Gilmore is definitely gone, I could see a cheap FA brought in to replace him or taking Lattimore or Sidney Jones at #10 because that's the type of stuff DW does. I appreciate all Graham and A. Williams bring to the team, but I wish we would have moved on from them, tagged Gilmore, signed Tony Jefferson (though he's going to get PAID too) and take Hooker at 10.

Very fluid at the top this year. 4 DL who could be in consideration for top 10, the QBs seem to be predictably shooting up, the two WRs, Foster, and Lattimore/Hooker/Adams maybe Sidney Jones too. The BPA out of any of those spots could likely be a solid pick for us.

Definitely

Lots of good top end talent in this draft..

We could have a big time player at 10 whether it's hooker, or Kizer maybe, Davis or Williams or any of the top Dline prospects also

It's a good class and you will be able to find a starter in round 3-4

Preston was great back in '14 in Schwartz's wide 9 scheme. I bet you he comes right back to where he was this year.

Luckily for the Bills, this draft is loaded with secondary talent. I bet you we could snag a starter 2nd or even 3rd round. Whaley does seem to find some late round gems (see Seymore, Kevon).

I still want a QB at 10, or Corey Davis. That, or trade down and grab some more 2nd round picks.

I would pump the breaks before I call Seymour a gem but we did grab robey undrafted

I do like Seymour tho

I do believe it's possible to find a starting caliber corner in this draft round 2 but he will have his share of mistakes

It's a good class for corners tho. Maybe 4-5 or in the first

Just looking at his Carolina days, I think we will go with Darby and Seymore as our starting corners and add some cheap veterans like Verner. We will then probably spend some mid round picks on big CBs who can play in the zone.

I think we are going to devalue the secondary like Carolina did. It'll be the front 7 that gets many of our resources, imo. Hopefully he learned from Carolina and the OLine also gets prioritized.

McDermott's DE's aren't going to play out as wide. A wider set of DE's, like we had in 2014, meant that the RB's had to take wider angles to get past the edge, which allowed a slower player like Brown to get to them.

Edited by FireChan

PBrown is a bum imo. Solid depth and that's all.

I like PBrown and think he could be productive again but I don't think it will be here. LB's in this scheme are better suited if they have speed. We already have Ragland (who's obviously going to play), so I don't think there is room in this defense for 2 slow guys. That puts Preston as the odd man out imo

Just looking at his Carolina days, I think we will go with Darby and Seymore as our starting corners and add some cheap veterans like Verner. We will then probably spend some mid round picks on big CBs who can play in the zone.

I think we are going to devalue the secondary like Carolina did. It'll be the front 7 that gets many of our resources, imo. Hopefully he learned from Carolina and the OLine also gets prioritized.

I like Seymour as a prospect but we are going to be hurting in the secondary if we roll out Darby and Seymour as our #1 and 2

We need a legit 6' long, fast, rangy CB1

I like PBrown and think he could be productive again but I don't think it will be here. LB's in this scheme are better suited if they have speed. We already have Ragland (who's obviously going to play), so I don't think there is room in this defense for 2 slow guys. That puts Preston as the odd man out imo

he is already on contract. you certainly keep his as depth> But I see him starting. His stats are better than the eyeball test btw

PBrown is a bum imo. Solid depth and that's all.

Brown had a great rookie year and then Rex came. Just another in a long list of defensive players that were good that regressed under Rex.

And I don't get the Z Brown love. He racked up tackles but was soft at the point of attack. He was flat out embarrassing against Pittsburgh. You can find a much cheaper replacement in FA or in the draft.

Brown had a great rookie year and then Rex came. Just another in a long list of defensive players that were good that regressed under Rex.

And I don't get the Z Brown love. He racked up tackles but was soft at the point of attack. He was flat out embarrassing against Pittsburgh. You can find a much cheaper replacement in FA or in the draft.

I am just guessing here, but i might think to see improvement in this years defense. Man to man and then overall effectiveness

he is already on contract. you certainly keep his as depth> But I see him starting. His stats are better than the eyeball test btw

I don't think they cut him, but he won't have another big year imo just because he will see decreased snaps. I don't see a whole lot of Preston and Ragland on the field together besides obvious rushing situations.... but I could be wrong.

I don't think they cut him, but he won't have another big year imo just because he will see decreased snaps. I don't see a whole lot of Preston and Ragland on the field together besides obvious rushing situations.... but I could be wrong.

There is talk about moving Reggie to Strong side or even Brown. I think our issue is going to be covering TE and low Rec more than run stop with what we have on the roster. Part of the reason for thinking we need Z Brown.

There is talk about moving Reggie to Strong side or even Brown. I think our issue is going to be covering TE and low Rec more than run stop with what we have on the roster. Part of the reason for thinking we need Z Brown.

Totally agree on Zach. Put him on the weak side and thats one less position to worry about.