Obama Performed Espionage on Trump prior to election

FAKE NEWS FROM THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ON FISAGATE

The Associated Press purports to give us the latest news on FISAgate. There is one item of actual hard news: the House Intelligence Committee will investigate.

Every time the AP mentions FISAgate, it includes this ritual defense of the Obama administration:

Trump has offered no evidence or details to support his claim, and Obama’s spokesman has denied it.

The AP’s statement is false. It is a classic instance of fake news. Barack Obama’s spokesman has not denied that “the Obama administration wiretapped Trump Tower last year.” He only denied that Barack Obama personally ordered such surveillance. But that isn’t the question. Presumably, the order to conduct surveillance came from Loretta Lynch’s Department of Justice. But no one thinks that Lynch would have ordered the opposing presidential candidate’s telephones tapped, or his computers hacked, without her boss’s approval.

These days, you can’t trust anything you read in an Associated Press news story, if that story has anything to do with political controversies.

POLITICO: How the feds could have listened to Trump’s phone calls.

Related: Yes, There Could Be Serious Legal Problems if Obama Admin Involved in Illegal Surveillance. “Here are the problematic aspects of the Obama surveillance on Trump’s team, and on Trump himself. First, it is not apparent FISA could ever be invoked. Second, it is possible Obama’s team may have perjured themselves before the FISA court by withholding material information essential to the FISA court’s willingness to permit the government surveillance. Third, it could be that Obama’s team illegally disseminated and disclosed FISA information in direct violation of the statute precisely prohibiting such dissemination and disclosure. FISA prohibits, under criminal penalty, Obama’s team from doing any of the three.”

UPDATE: ‘Conducted at the behest of the Justice Dept.’: Fmr Bush AG Mukasey discusses Trump’s wiretap claims.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Lindsey Graham offers two ways Trump Tower wiretapping could be bigger than Watergate.

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's crazy is nobody is telling the truth... We are in the world of "Who can tell the most convincing lies" all the while every American suffers b.c it just distracts them from seeing that nothing is being done to help our country in reality.

Guest Diesel-USMC

What's crazy is nobody is telling the truth... We are in the world of "Who can tell the most convincing lies" all the while every American suffers b.c it just distracts them from seeing that nothing is being done to help our country in reality.

This has been the case for many, many years.

This has been the case for many, many years.

It has...

The difference is that we're seeing behind the curtain a bit more because two groups that like to remain in the shadows normally are now engaging in an open and very public information war. People used to laugh at the very idea that there is a group of unelected people wielding power behind the scenes in government, now "Deep State" articles are popping up in every mainstream media source.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Guest Diesel-USMC

Yes it has...

I mean, we shouldn't stop at simple politics either. The whole concept of selling lies encompasses every element of our world. For the most part, humans are easy to lie to. One of the more powerful tools used against us is emotion.

It would be easy for me to contend that people are more apt to believe lies than they are the truth. But, that would mean that someone would waste a post asking me to prove this instead of taking that time and opening their eyes to see it themselves.

I mean, we shouldn't stop at simple politics either. The whole concept of selling lies encompasses every element of our world. For the most part, humans are easy to lie to. One of the more powerful tools used against us is emotion.

It would be easy for me to contend that people are more apt to believe lies than they are the truth. But, that would mean that someone would waste a post asking me to prove this instead of taking that time and opening their eyes to see it themselves.

Conditioning is a hell of a thing.

Guest Diesel-USMC

It has...

The difference is that we're seeing behind the curtain a bit more because two groups that like to remain in the shadows normally are now engaging in an open a very public information war. People used to laugh at the very idea that there is a group of unelected people wielding power behind the scenes in government, now "Deep State" articles are popping up in every mainstream media source.

A Staff Sergeant had asked me, a young LCpl at the time, why I enlisted in the Marine Corps. After I explained to him, my reasons, he chuckled. He said (not verbatim) "You better open your ******* eyes killer. Nothing is what they tell you it is in life."

He was absolutely right.

A Staff Sergeant had asked me, a young LCpl at the time, why I enlisted in the Marine Corps. After I explained to him, my reasons, he chuckled. He said (not verbatim) "You better open your ******* eyes killer. Nothing is what they tell you it is in life."

He was absolutely right.

:beer:

Guest Diesel-USMC

Conditioning is a hell of a thing.

A very real thing.

One of the more troubling elements of all of is, that people who ask questions about the prepackaged ideas conveyed by media and politicians, are immediately removed from discussion with laughter and title of "conspiracy theorist". The questions, no matter their legitimacy, often go unanswered simply because it is assumed that the person asking them is a conspiracy theorist.

It used to be that critical thought and questioning authority was deemed healthy and productive. Not only that but a counter to any kind of purposeful negative impact on a people by those appointed over them. Not anymore. Now, you either tow the predetermined line or you're a "freak".

That bothers me.

A very real thing.

One of the more troubling elements of all of is, that people who ask questions about the prepackaged ideas conveyed by media and politicians, are immediately removed from discussion with laughter and title of "conspiracy theorist". The questions, no matter their legitimacy, often go unanswered simply because it is assumed that the person asking them is a conspiracy theorist.

It used to be that critical thought and questioning authority was deemed healthy and productive. Not only that but a counter to any kind of purposeful negative impact on a people by those appointed over them. Not anymore. Now, you either tow the predetermined line or you're a "freak".

That bothers me.

Bothers me as well... as someone who carries that title on this board (sometimes deserved, most times not).

Always glad to have more free thinkers who contribute around here. :beer:

:beer:

A very real thing.

That bothers me.

"Toe" the line.

And the typical American paradigm is to believe the world's a simple place, where everything has a reason and everything is controlled by someone. It's why be believe the "Great Man" and "Great Event" theories of history, and it's a large part of the reason both parties have been increasingly leaning towards authoritarianism the past few decades (because "our" people need to be in control). In truth, reality is complicated and chaotic, and history is made by complex socio-economic forces that force the hands of "Great Men" and "Great Events."

Trump's election is an excellent example: People want to believe his ascension to office is a seminal event that came out of the blue, and he's the creator of some racist authoritarian future for the country. In reality, his election is a symptom of several decades of a shrinking middle class and constricting rural socio-economic opportunity that the country's leadership has ignored in favor of the urban socio-economics. Anyone paying attention has seen this clash building for 20 years. It's blindingly obvious if you look at the 2016 electoral map. And people still don't see it - they insist the man is the issue, and completely ignore the obvious long-term issues.

It's no coincidence that these are the same idiots whose view of civil rights jumps straight from Abraham Lincoln to Rosa Parks, and ignores the 85 years in between.

Guest Diesel-USMC

"Toe" the line.

And the typical American paradigm is to believe the world's a simple place, where everything has a reason and everything is controlled by someone. It's why be believe the "Great Man" and "Great Event" theories of history, and it's a large part of the reason both parties have been increasingly leaning towards authoritarianism the past few decades (because "our" people need to be in control). In truth, reality is complicated and chaotic, and history is made by complex socio-economic forces that force the hands of "Great Men" and "Great Events."

Trump's election is an excellent example: People want to believe his ascension to office is a seminal event that came out of the blue, and he's the creator of some racist authoritarian future for the country. In reality, his election is a symptom of several decades of a shrinking middle class and constricting rural socio-economic opportunity that the country's leadership has ignored in favor of the urban socio-economics. Anyone paying attention has seen this clash building for 20 years. It's blindingly obvious if you look at the 2016 electoral map. And people still don't see it - they insist the man is the issue, and completely ignore the obvious long-term issues.

It's no coincidence that these are the same idiots whose view of civil rights jumps straight from Abraham Lincoln to Rosa Parks, and ignores the 85 years in between.

Very, very interesting take. Thanks for the correction, too. I am now thinking back to all the times I may have used that phrase and used "tow". Damn me.

It has...

The difference is that we're seeing behind the curtain a bit more because two groups that like to remain in the shadows normally are now engaging in an open and very public information war. People used to laugh at the very idea that there is a group of unelected people wielding power behind the scenes in government, now "Deep State" articles are popping up in every mainstream media source.

How crazy would it be if Alex Jones has been right all along. Kind of like Walter in The Big Lebowski.

Now it sounds like they bugged Sessions last year when he was still a Senator.

Classy, those Dems. Real classy.

And Nixon supposedly approved a break-in at the DNC headquarter at the Watergate complex so they could put bugs in their phones. It's déjà vu all over again Yogi.

if true, i believe the difference is that they had the court order this time, which makes them incomparable

i think its pretty obvious the russians intended to interfere, specifically to install a stooge over a highly qualified professional. in that scenario, an investigation by the obama admit is completely warranted. that would make sessions a legitimate target as a don advisor

if true, i believe the difference is that they had the court order this time, which makes them incomparable

i think its pretty obvious the russians intended to interfere, specifically to install a stooge over a highly qualified professional. in that scenario, an investigation by the obama admit is completely warranted. that would make sessions a legitimate target as a don advisor

Highly qualified professional? :lol: