Josh Gordon

I don't think so........I think most teams wouldn't seriously consider him........but we'll see, if it happens.

There of course is a reason a team such as the Browns, in their condition are turning their shoulder upon Gordon. Thing is, they likely know more than anyone where the kids head is at.

Obviously high risk. But perhaps that is because he is more mental than druggie? Even if he pees nice, maybe it aint worth the work?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pats signed Floyd who might do hard time in the slammer for his DWI.

Not comparable to missing almost the last 3 full seasons to drug suspensions.

I am a big fan of Gordon's talent.......love to see them take a chance on him but he's the height of unreliable.

Not comparable to missing almost the last 3 full seasons to drug suspensions.

I am a big fan of Gordon's talent.......love to see them take a chance on him but he's the height of unreliable.

You're right, serving time in prison is much worse than noncompliance with a draconian employer-enforced drug policy.

Edited by switz1610

And the reason he's unavailable will be moot w/in a few years.

I'd contend that Gordon's pot usage is less likely to keep him off the field than Sammy's foot issues.

Let's see if Gordon can get back on the field

aristocrat's Photoaristocrat

Yesterday, 01:58 PM

he's still only 25. i'd take a shot but the money has to be incentive based.

This

He is not going to require us to break the bank. The general consensus is Woods will be gone which gives us yet another hole on the roster.

Goodwin, fragile and unreliable.

Listenbee, unproven and injured last year.

Hunter, Performed better than I expected. Those TD's aren't givens and we've seen better WR's drop more (Stevie).

Easley, cmon.. a gunner, that's all.

Sammy, elite when available.. which is rare of late.

So we're worried about Gordon taking the money and running? Who cares, it's peanuts and we paid Harvin twice for playing that game. I believe this kid has something if clean. What are most 25 year old men up to? Bud and brews, you bet. Hopefully he understands millions of dollars trumps the recreational BS. If he does we would have the best one two punch in the league. It would be beautiful to watch.

aristocrat's Photoaristocrat

Yesterday, 01:58 PM

he's still only 25. i'd take a shot but the money has to be incentive based.

This

He is not going to require us to break the bank. The general consensus is Woods will be gone which gives us yet another hole on the roster.

Goodwin, fragile and unreliable.

Listenbee, unproven and injured last year.

Hunter, Performed better than I expected. Those TD's aren't givens and we've seen better WR's drop more (Stevie).

Easley, cmon.. a gunner, that's all.

Sammy, elite when available.. which is rare of late.

So we're worried about Gordon taking the money and running? Who cares, it's peanuts and we paid Harvin twice for playing that game. I believe this kid has something if clean. What are most 25 year old men up to? Bud and brews, you bet. Hopefully he understands millions of dollars trumps the recreational BS. If he does we would have the best one two punch in the league. It would be beautiful to watch.

There should be little question about his football ability. Maybe he is mental though.

if Coach thinks he can work with him? Hell yes.

they also win. What did Gordon do anyway? failed drug tests. AT any rate, if he is vet min why not.

He is worth more than Vet Min if he gets on the field. Bills should have him on the radar.

and lets hope they learned from the twice failed Harvin experiment

There should be little question about his football ability. Maybe he is mental though.

if Coach thinks he can work with him? Hell yes.

He is worth more than Vet Min if he gets on the field. Bills should have him on the radar.

and lets hope they learned from the twice failed Harvin experiment

Agree the Harvin experiment failed, but you can't compare the 2. Josh Gordon has potential to be the best WR in the NFL when he is on the field, where as Harvin was a gimmick/slot/mismatch type player. I say gamble on a potential 'best at the position' type talent over gambling on a gimmick player.

Yup. I would take a chance on him. Since you cant trust him however, you still need to address the WR position elsewhere. Rather later in the draft (2nd, 3rd) or another free agent pick up.

Later in draft gets you the likes of Roscoe Parrish, TJ Graham & Dez Lewis.

Agree the Harvin experiment failed, but you can't compare the 2. Josh Gordon has potential to be the best WR in the NFL when he is on the field, where as Harvin was a gimmick/slot/mismatch type player. I say gamble on a potential 'best at the position' type talent over gambling on a gimmick player.

I compare them only from Whaley's perspective.

A high risk player.

I sure get your point and agree.

If Coach thinks he can make it work? I do not care about the salary as much. Gordon is was an exceptional talent that need some consideration if reinstated. someone will offer for him

or TO & Andre Reed.

yep. Gems can be found . Ability to develop them, and then fit them in well is might be the more important feature? Natural talent and size speed etc get you so far.