• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Special Prosecutor . . . For What?

by Andrew C. McCarthy

Original Article

So, Attorney General Jeff Sessions has recused himself. Great! Just one question: From what? Yes, yes, Sessions is a good and decent man. He is a scrupulous lawyer who cares about his reputation. Thus, in stark contrast to Obama administration attorneys general, he strictly applied — I’d say he hyper-applied — the ethical standard that calls on a lawyer to recuse himself from a matter in which his participation as counsel would create the mere appearance of impropriety.

More at the link:

Does anyone remember back when the left was falsely accusing Sessions about lying under oath about some Russian meeting or something?

It seems like that was...what? Seven or eight months ago? Maybe longer?

Ya, he just misspoke :doh:

Guest Diesel-USMC

It's amazing that all of sudden people not comfortable with Trump, are barking for people to be held accountable for things they may have done wrong.

Good thing the previous administration or Hillary didn't conduct themselves this way. Could you imagine how long of a list that would be....?

Better late than never, I suppose.

Woof. Woof.

Edited by Diesel-USMC

It's amazing that all of sudden people not comfortable with Trump, are barking for people to be held accountable for things they may have done wrong.

Good thing the previous administration or Hillary didn't conduct themselves this way. Could you imagine how long of a list that would be....?

Better late than never, I suppose.

Woof. Woof.

Just terrible someone is calling this administration out, isn't it?

Guest Diesel-USMC

Just terrible someone is calling this administration out, isn't it?

Just wondering where the calls have been over the last 16-20 or more years.

Guest Diesel-USMC

of foreign influence or something else?

Everything. These issues that people are finding themselves at odds with over Trump, are actually nothing as detrimental as what kind of foreign influence that had infiltrated the social and political fabric of this country under the watch of some of the more prolific presidents of the past.

That's the strange thing. People are eager to accept that Trump could be in business discussions with foreign entities simply because they don't like the guy but won't accept that the more detrimental relationships with foreign entities have been hidden within administrations prior to Trump.

Everything. These issues that people are finding themselves at odds with over Trump, are actually nothing as detrimental as what kind of foreign influence that had infiltrated the social and political fabric of this country under the watch of some of the more prolific presidents of the past.

That's the strange thing. People are eager to accept that Trump could be in business discussions with foreign entities simply because they don't like the guy but won't accept that the more detrimental relationships with foreign entities have been hidden within administrations prior to Trump.

I'll just say you have a very interesting avatar to go along with the content of this post... which I agree with.

No one on the left bats an eye at the out-house of Saud's relationship to previous US administrations -- because they honestly believe they were donating to the Clinton Foundation because the Saudis care so much about the plight of women and minorities around the world...

I'll just say you have a very interesting avatar to go along with the content of this post... which I agree with.

No one on the left bats an eye at the out-house of Saud's relationship to previous US administrations -- because they honestly believe they were donating to the Clinton Foundation because the Saudis care so much about the plight of women and minorities around the world...

Accepting money to a charity that actually helps people should cause people to get angry? Heck, if bad people want to give money that goes to good things, great! What's the problem?

And I do remember Bush being called out for Saudi connections, but has there been evidence of Saudi's undermining our political process? I mean aside from donating to a charity?

I don't bat an eye...because allies are allies due to confluence of interests. Not because you gaze lovingly into their eyes and find a soulmate.

I don't bat an eye...because allies are allies due to confluence of interests. Not because you gaze lovingly into their eyes and find a soulmate.

Certainly, and the US has a long history of cutting deals and working with monsters because it helps their geopolitical agendas. From Nazis to Jihadists, the US's bar for friendship is mighty low.

Guest Diesel-USMC

Accepting money to a charity that actually helps people should cause people to get angry? Heck, if bad people want to give money that goes to good things, great! What's the problem?

And I do remember Bush being called out for Saudi connections, but has there been evidence of Saudi's undermining our political process? I mean aside from donating to a charity?

The Russians didn't undermine anything. Accusations by those who are surprised and perturbed they lost is not proof. Edited by Diesel-USMC

So you don't think Russian interference in our election process and possible ties to Trump associates is a detrimental relationship that should be investigated, as well as Trump's business ties to Russia? Trump could clear a lot up by listing all his associates who have had contact with Russians, and release his tax returns.

Do you remember how upset the political left was when as SoS, Hillary Clinton laundered millions through the Clinton Foundation from terrorist states in exchange special favors?

Neither does anyone else.

So you don't think Russian interference in our election process and possible ties to Trump associates is a detrimental relationship that should be investigated, as well as Trump's business ties to Russia? Trump could clear a lot up by listing all his associates who have had contact with Russians, and release his tax returns.

You mean like when Hillary tried to get the Ukraine to sabotage Trump campaign?

Yes. It should all be investigated. Let's get started.

Wait. Let me guess. It as different with Hillary, amirite?

Do you remember how upset the political left was when as SoS, Hillary Clinton laundered millions through the Clinton Foundation from terrorist states in exchange special favors?

Neither does anyone else.

All heresy by right wing conspiracy theorists but turn around is fair play so have at it. Clinton and Bushes were in bed with same crowd... Trump isnt so this is upsetting the apple cart for better or worse.

Certainly, and the US has a long history of cutting deals and working with monsters because it helps their geopolitical agendas. From Nazis to Jihadists, the US's bar for friendship is mighty low.

All countries have that low a bar, or lower. Israel worked with Iran through the 80's. France didn't just maintain relations with the Interahamwe, they actively supported the Rwandan genocide. Hitler and Stalin were BFFs for almost two years. The British, despite being rabidly anti-slavery, were within weeks of declaring their support for the CSA.

There simply are no ideals in geopolitics. Only interests.

The 80's called, they want their foreign policy back.