Trump: ‘Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated

Meathead

The president appears to nod to the grim political reality around repealing and replacing Obamacare.
President Donald Trump on Monday claimed that “nobody knew that health care could be so complicated,” and again flirted with the idea that Republicans should let Obamacare “implode” so that Democrats shoulder the blame.
Even as he re-upped his commitment to repealing and replacing Obamacare during separate gatherings with governors and insurance CEOs, Trump appeared to nod to the grim political reality of yanking away the increasingly popular law.
"Let it be a disaster, because we can blame that on the Dems that are in our room -- and we can blame that on the Democrats and President Obama," Trump said in remarks to the National Governors Association.
people are so fkg stupid and disgusting sometimes. and none is more stupid and disgusting than the orange man at the top
its disgusting bc we are playing standard empty partisan politics with peoples fkg lives. it makes me sick to be an american when i think of how callous we are with this topic. so fkg embarrassing
its stupid bc the fix is easy: make medicare available to everyone. but politicians wont do this bc it would shrink the massive healhcare insurance industry by at least half. so the fk what? let it shrink, we dont need it anymore. the insurance companies that remain will offer rider policies on top of medicare, which a lot of ppl will want, as well as for the cadillac plans of the wealthy. who give a fk if we dont have a monster insurance industry when we have universal coverage? what the fk is more important. ass holes
Boehner: Republicans won't repeal and replace Obamacare
'They’re basically going to fix the flaws and put a more conservative box around it'
Former House Speaker John Boehner predicted on Thursday that a full repeal and replace of Obamacare is “not what’s going to happen” and that Republicans will instead just make some fixes to the health care law. Boehner, who retired in 2015 amid unrest among conservatives, said at an Orlando healthcare conference that GOP lawmakers were too optimistic in their talk of quickly repealing and then replacing Obamacare.
“They’ll fix Obamacare, and I shouldn’t have called it repeal and replace because that’s not what’s going to happen. They’re basically going to fix the flaws and put a more conservative box around it,” Boehner said.
Earlier in the panel discussion, Boehner said he “started laughing” when Republicans started talking about moving lightning fast on repeal and then coming up with an alternative.
"In the 25 years that I served in the United States Congress, Republicans never, ever, one time agreed on what a health care proposal should look like. Not once,” Boehner said. “And all this happy talk that went on in November and December and January about repeal, repeal, repeal—yeah, we'll do replace, replace—I started laughing, because if you pass repeal without replace, first, anything that happens is your fault. You broke it.”
"And secondly, as I told some of the Republican leaders when they asked, I said, if you pass repeal without replace you'll never pass replace, because they will never ever agree on what the bill should be. Perfect always becomes the enemy of the good,” Boehner said.
Boehner said what Republicans ultimately come up with could share a lot of the same qualities with Obamacare.
"Most of the Affordable Care Act, in the framework, is going to stay there: coverage for kids up to age 26, covering those with preexisting conditions. All of that's going to be there. Subsidies for those who can't afford it, who aren't on Medicaid, who I call the working poor, subsidies for them will be there," Boehner said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/john-boehner-obamacare-republicans-235303

mr. boner never got the credit he was due when he was speaker. i didnt like him at first but the more he talked openly the more i felt he was underappreciated. then when he was ousted he really started speaking honestly, and it was confirmed that hes got a pretty good and fair mind. same thing with michael steele, actually. something about becoming republican speaker turns you into a dick, apparently. fortunately it appears to be a temporary condition

Edited by Meathead

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about a dog chasing a car and finally catching it. What do we do now? 7 years of votes to repeal the ACA, and they never had and still don't have a viable alternative that would pass in Congress that would cover all the people that currently have insurance. Brilliant!

Talk about a dog chasing a car and finally catching it. What do we do now? 7 years of votes to repeal the ACA, and they never had and still don't have a viable alternative that would pass in Congress that would cover all the people that currently have insurance. Brilliant!

You're making it sound as if ACA is a wonderful insurance program that's not on the verge of imploding.

Yes, that would be a great health care measure!

But not immoral like medicare :lol:

I have a right to own a firearm, at least the way I read things. I don't have a right to health insurance. I have a right to die miserably because I can't afford insurance to clear up my latest case of syphilis.

I have a right to own a firearm, at least the way I read things. I don't have a right to health insurance. I have a right to die miserably because I can't afford insurance to clear up my latest case of syphilis.

Run for Congress then. I'm sure you opinion will ignite an anti-health care fire storm among your fellow cranks, dip sh its and malcontents

medicare is not great but its far far better than the nothing or the 'cant use' faux coverage that a lot of people have now. i know many ppl that simply are not getting important procedures (mammograms, colonoscopy) bc they would have to pay thousands in a deductible first. having medicare as a default would allow ppl to get these procedures that saves lives and saves money. granted, the quality of doctors definitely would decrease for those that cant get better coverage, but again those lower quality doctors would be a hell of a lot better than no doctors

i cant even think of why anybody would call medicare expansion immoral

the reason the ACA is failing is precisely bc obama was too weak a president to make medicare for all happen in the first place. he made the mistake of trying to involve republicans when the dems had their total control. it was a nice gesture, but the presidency isnt about being nice, its about getting things done. once the dems total control evaporated, the republicans then set out to cripple the ACA simply bc it wasnt theirs. it was a wholly political strategy, and wholly disgusting from a moral standpoint

it wasnt at all hard for me to predict at the time that the ACA as it was finally delivered would fail, it was going to fail due to intentional republican sabotage. and it also wasnt hard for me to predict at the same time that when the cycle eventually turns back to republicans they will end up with something that looks almost exactly like the ACA. you dont make complex plans like that work with fairy dust, you make them work with individual mandates so that everybody is covered and everybody contributes throughout their whole life

the point is, that republicans had the opportunity to do it right the first time and they chose a wholly political path. they had the opportunity to fix it once it started showing that the finagling the democrats did to put it in place despite the republican sabotage werent working, but they chose a wholly political path. the good news is that now republicans own it, now they dont have the luxury to pursue another disgusting wholly political path bc they will be rightfully blamed this time if they dont get it right. that means its not at all surprising that they suddenly will like the way the ACA should have been done properly in the first place

theres a special place set aside in hell for those that intentionally broke the most vital hc overhaul in american history. those same vile ppl now have a chance to at least turn down the thermostat when they finally reach their condo in hell
Edited by Meathead

You're making it sound as if ACA is a wonderful insurance program that's not on the verge of imploding.

I said nothing of the sort. Obviously it needs some modifications, as do most initial programs that affect so many people. But 20 million more with insurance is not a bad thing.

My issue is that the Republicans have tried to repeal it for 7 years, and have yet to provide a viable alternative that will continue to insure all that currently have insurance. Access to insurance is not the same as being able to afford insurance. The dog caught the car.

It's too bad the Democrats didn't nod to that grim political reality when they designed this piece of **** legislation.

It probably would have helped if they, y'know, read the bill before they passed it.

At least they were smart enough to exempt themselves from the law.