Trump: ‘Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated

Meathead

You'll get no argument from me about the bottom 40%. They should share the burden too. 70 years ago, we were the wealthiest and most powerful nation on earth despite the wealthy paying a far higher burden than today. I'm not advocating a return to that. But people who don't have much earned income ( the rich and poor alike) get off way too easily here. It's the middle class that's shafted.

Progressive taxation is the problem here. It's inequitable.

Again, I'll point out that the top 1% pay 50% of the federal burden. They are currently being taxed far beyond their ability to consume services. That is inequitable.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Buffett disagrees with you. So did Steve Forbes.

And yet we never see them put their money with their mouths are, do we? We never see them send the federal government a few extra million to make things more fair, do we?

No. We don't.

Anyone can sound logical. It's like saying "I support the troops!" We all say "Yes, yes, I support the troops, too!"

But I don't see many people keeping up to Gary SInise any time soon.

And yet we never see them put their money with their mouths are, do we? We never see them send the federal government a few extra million to make things more fair, do we?

No. We don't.

Anyone can sound logical. It's like saying "I support the troops!" We all say "Yes, yes, I support the troops, too!"

But I don't see many people keeping up to Gary SInise any time soon.

I'll bet I've said "Thank you for your service" WAY more often than that hypocrite Sinise!

Repeal is easy, all you need is 51.

To replace, not so easy you need 60 votes, which means you have to pick off 9 Democrats.

There aren't 9 Democrats running for re election residing in Red states.

So how will you pick off 9 Democrats? Tacking to the left, compromise. As much as I can't stand Trump, he is one to compromise and he isn't ideological aside from his Nationalist instincts.

Ryan and most Repubs are fine with the Refundable tax credits. I think it's a good idea myself. Unfortunately you have the hardliners who are threatening to vote against the Repeal Bill if that is indeed the plan to include the refundable tax credits. The calculus from leadership is to dare the right wing to vote against repeal.

The question is will Trump publicly, specially tonight signal support for Ryan's and Prices proposal? Or will he let the chaos within the Repub party ensue regarding the direction of the bill.

At the end of the day, in order to get those 9 democrats, the Repubs will have to go even more to the left than Ryan's and Price's proposals. The only way I see this going through is just placing the repeal in place, dare the right wing to not vote for it and then when it comes to the replace, they will tack further to the left, lose some repubs and cobble together some votes from Democrats. They will lose Cruz, Paul and Lee. Which means that they would need 12 Democrats.

Considering there is no appetite among Dems to work with Trump, it's gonna be tough.