I still feel like we are as talented as we've been reently

dayman

I wont be shocked because Im not going into the season with pre conceived notions

Of course not. No preconceived notions here:

"Shaq's is just starting and was considered one of the top edges in this draft but still very good in run support and had the ability to drop into coverage.

He was playing out of position this last year in RR's crappy defense where EVERYONE struggled. "

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not. No preconceived notions here:

"Shaq's is just starting and was considered one of the top edges in this draft but still very good in run support and had the ability to drop into coverage.

He was playing out of position this last year in RR's crappy defense where EVERYONE struggled. "

I did not make those evaluations

Someone else got paid to do it.....

But regardless.....I am not the one make specific play predictions of a 2nd year player before training camp even gets here....YOU are

Switch qbs with NE or GB. We are contending for the SB while they miss the playoffs.

The Bills have a top 5 oline, a top 3 RB, a top 15 TE, a top 10 CB, a top 5 DT, & a top 10 wr (when healthy). Talent is not the problem with this team. Coaching and qb is, which triumphs everything.

Any other DC and the 2016 team is a WC and given the other teams that made the playoffs had a legit shot to play NE in the AFC Championship game.

Rex destroyed the defense. Almost any other DC keeps Miami from putting up over 200 yards rushing.

They scored enough points. It was not the QB. It was the defense.

Could the QB play have been better? No doubt. A few healthy WRs would have helped too.

But I think you discount just how much better this defense will be in a 4-3 with the players they have. It would look a hell of a lot better if they keep Gilmore and Z. Brown and add a safety or two. But Z. Brown will cost too much so they will need to find a decent FA or rookie to make some plays from the OLB spot.

All that said, I will contradict myself and say they should still get a WR or TE in the first round - preferably with a trade down to add picks and address LB and S as above. A more explosive offense with a healthy Sammy and another true WR threat will make TT better, will pt more pressure on the opposing team to score, and hopefully give the defense some leads to work with so they can turn loose KW, MD, SL, and JH to rush the passer.

I did not make those evaluations

Someone else got paid to do it.....

But regardless.....I am not the one make specific play predictions of a 2nd year player before training camp even gets here....YOU are

And when I'm right, again, for the millionth time, maybe you'll realize that saying "anything can happen" means truly nothing at all.

Edited by FireChan

Been feeling that way for the last few years. Not sure why people advocate to blow it up.

Rex had us doing crazy things and was hurting the team. We should stay the course (including Tyrod) and add a little beef at WR and OL see what happens.

Anyone really think--if you actually think about it--that our team is not good enough to make the playoffs?

This team is a mess on defense, where are you seeing the talent? No signed LB'S, no safety and no elite DB'S. We have Sammy and the rest are not getting you anything

Yes FC....you are right so often. Its easy to take the negative side over every damn view and proclaim oneself to actually be football smart.

Tell me....why are you not a scout?

I chose a better career.

I'm not even taking a negative side. I make opinions. You just choose to say "we don't know yet" for every damn thing. TT could be horrible, John. He could be great. People form opinions, instead of saying "I don't own a crystal ball, wait and see." That's outrageously boring and frankly, stupid.

I chose a better career.

I'm not even taking a negative side. I make opinions. You just choose to say "we don't know yet" for every damn thing. TT could be horrible, John. He could be great. People form opinions, instead of saying "I don't own a crystal ball, wait and see." That's outrageously boring and frankly, stupid.

What is stupid is you think you actually had a choice in being an NFL scout

legend in your own mind

stop acting like your smarter then everyone else....that is what gets you your "vacations"

Edited by John from Hemet

What is stupid is you think you actually had a choice in being an NFL scout

legend in your own mind

stop acting like your smarter then everyone else....that is what gets you your "vacations"

Do you have a crystal ball? How can we know? Let's see how it plays out before making any opinions.

Then you should change login to OnlyQBmatters.

Do you honestly believe that if the Bills still had SuperMario of a few years ago or if Shaq had been healthy and had a standout rookie season last year that the Bills would have made the playoffs? C'mon be serious...

If the Bills had drafted Derek Carr at their original draft spot in 2014 instead of trading up for Watkins, would they have been more likely to have made the playoffs last year?

Edited by DefenseWins

Do you have a crystal ball? How can we know? Let's see how it plays out before making any opinions.

That is actually a good fall back postion when you get called out on your superiority complex bs

"im smarter then you are and im always right"

"why doesnt someone pay you for your opinions then"

"because they are MY opinions"

"but im always right"

quite untrue. we have one the best Offensive lines Bills have fielded in a very long time. and thats with Mills !

of course certain areas and players (mccoy) are better than previous years. other areas are worse. the overall talent washes out at .500 give or take a win, just as it usually does.

of course certain areas and players (mccoy) are better than previous years. other areas are worse. the overall talent washes out at .500 give or take a win, just as it usually does.

Which areas are worse than the last decade of poo.?

I might suggest WRs were challenged last season for sure. But many ++ were here too.

RT does really drag it down a bit

Mills is such a turnstyle

he aint that bad, but he sure aint good, keep him as depth

Let's see how he does in the new system before forming opinions on Mills.

common man thats a ridiculous argument

Been feeling that way for the last few years. Not sure why people advocate to blow it up.

Rex had us doing crazy things and was hurting the team. We should stay the course (including Tyrod) and add a little beef at WR and OL see what happens.

Anyone really think--if you actually think about it--that our team is not good enough to make the playoffs?

I can imagine us sneaking into the lower reaches of the playoffs and losing our first game. I just don't care. That would be like setting a goal to earn $10,000 a year. Even if you get there, so what. Your journey's still only beginning.

I think they've got a reasonable talent base, but not at QB and no real difference makers at the defensive impact positions either.

And they also are having cap problems, so just keeping this team together without upgrading at all is going to be almost impossible. Blame Whaley for our salary cap problems.

Edited by Thurman#1