Protests After OffDuty Cop Fires Gun During Clash With Teens

Meathead

Hundreds of protesters descended on the home of a Los Angeles police officer Wednesday after video surfaced of the off-duty cop apparently firing a gun during a scuffle with a 13-year-old that erupted after the teenager and friends allegedly walked on his lawn.

The teenager "is alleged to have threatened to shoot the off-duty officer, at which time the officer attempted to detain the male" until local Anaheim officers arrived,' the LAPD statement said. "This led to a physical confrontation between the off-duty officer and several other juveniles."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/protests-anaheim-after-duty-cop-fires-gun-during-clash-teens-n724501

if its true the individual threatened to shoot the cop, as a citizen i WANT that officer to arrest that dumbass. and every 'kid' that involved themselves to try to free the dumbass. every single one that interfered needs to be accountable for that horrible decision

what kind of two bit country are we going to have? you can tell a cop youre going to shoot him and nothing happens. oh yeah, THAT wont lead to trouble. idiots

the crap about the lawn is just an intentional distraction to sell clicks. trespassing may have started the confrontations, but none of this happens if that little dick doesnt say that completely inappropriate and illegal thing to that officer

every one of those 'kids' should be put in front of a judge. every one

regarding the gun shot, that may or may not be a problem. idk what policy is, and you cant tell from the vid, but if he felt the crowd was getting immanently threatening it seems obvious he fired the shot to get their attention this aint fooling around. but this is a separate point to be determined

we cant have ppl resisting cops. it. just. cant. happen. comply, comply, comply. if you have a beef, make it later. case closed

Tough call on this one. You or I would probably be arrested if we not only pulled a gun but then discharged it over some kids on the lawn mouthing off.

Ironically, he probably should have called the police and let the uniforms handle it.

Tough call on this one. You or I would probably be arrested if we not only pulled a gun but then discharged it over some kids on the lawn mouthing off.

Ironically, he probably should have called the police and let the uniforms handle it.

Seems like another loser with power messing up on a bad day.

this is one of those black cultural things we need to eliminate from our collective

biased blacks and the enabling whites have facilitated a false narrative to be placed on cops. that is, the idea that cops are a racist organization that should be resisted. this is a fantasy, it was true fifty years ago for sure. its definitely not true today;. it is absolutely not backed up by the data nor by studies that clearly have concluded there is no bias against blacks when it comes to arrests and violent crimes. we have also fixed the prior problems of sentencing imbalances, there is no black tax anymore when it comes to convictions. its just. not. happening

and yet, to millions and millions of ppl, especially blacks, there is the entrenched idea that cops are bad, cops are a racist institution, that you are some kind of fkg civil rights hero if youre black and you resist cops. yes, its a fantasy

its wrong. its not backed up by factual evidence. in fact, the evidence clearly shows the opposite. and yet we have idiots like this doing these kinds of things, and far worse, and almost nobody is calling them out for it. rappers should be in public service announcements saying hey niggas we know you dont like the cops and cops can sometimes be dicks, but comply comply comply, 100% of the time. sort your beefs out later. but will they do that? hell the fk no. because they MAKE MONEY from lying to us. we reward their lies with cars and hoes and so much gold it give them back problems. these are the things we need to eliminate from our collective culture

stop. protecting. and. coddling. bad. black. thoughts. and. behavior.

Nothing good EVER comes out of an adult confrontation with a teenager.

The guy should have called on-duty cops to handle things.

i sort of glossed over the sidearm discharge bc i was fixed on the other point, but this is probably correct

however, i can see a scenario where hes standing right there and the 'kids' knowing full well hes tired of them tearing up his lawn on purpose says hey keep the fk off my lawn. if the kid then says shut up or ill shoot you then he has to try to make the arrest right then, doesnt he? he cant let that go

now the question is how far does policy require him to take that? can he just let him go and put out an arrest order, assuming he has enough info on the individual

discharging his pistol is not good but we dont know enough about the totality of the situation

and again, if we dont have stupid dysfunctional old timey black racism based bias fouling everything up, this never happens

Edited by Meathead

the idea that cops are a racist organization that should be resisted. this is a fantasy, it was true fifty years ago for sure. its definitely not true today

Fifty years ago the police were a racist organization? Really?

Is that your final answer?

i sort of glossed over the sidearm discharge bc i was fixed on the other point, but this is probably correct

however, i can see a scenario where hes standing right there and the 'kids' knowing full well hes tired of them tearing up his lawn on purpose says hey keep the fk off my lawn. if the kid then says shut up or ill shoot you then he has to try to make the arrest right then, doesnt he? he cant let that go

now the question is how far does policy require him to take that? can he just let him go and put out an arrest order, assuming he has enough info on the individual

discharging his pistol is not good but we dont know enough about the totality of the situation

and again, if we dont have stupid dysfunctional old timey black racism based bias fouling everything up, this never happens

No. He's the adult. Take a video for after they run away. Go in the house. Call 911. Shoot them if they try to follow you inside.

There's absolutely no other option.

dont even try to point the the instances they found bias

yes there ARE some cop organizations that are definitely racist. just like they will always be racists in every race. and its great when we can catch them and eliminate that. but now they are the outlier

there are also problems with the investigations having cultural and political bias. there are some illogical conclusions made based on that bias in the investigation objectives. several current books point this out is detail. i would provide titles but i know thats a waste of time

so yes, the idea that there is a SYSTEMATIC racism in american law enforcement against blacks is indeed for sure a fantasy now

data from multiple sources has been clear. the one big university study, done by a black man, returned results he said were the most surprising of his life. statistically relative to crime rates by race, there are more whites and hispanics killed by cops than blacks. as one of the book authors put it, we really should be talking about white and hispanic lives matter

the point there, of course, is that the issue there is that cops are sometimes dicks but they arent racist dicks conspiring against blacks. thats most false at this point in history. so our focus should be on cops acting properly, not condemning them automatically for a specific racial bias that doesnt even exist

No. He's the adult. Take a video for after they run away. Go in the house. Call 911. Shoot them if they try to follow you inside.

There's absolutely no other option.

even for threatening to shoot him? thats my question for somebody in law enforcement. is that a special level of threat that he has to try to apprehend at that time? does he even have the option to just phone it in? i honestly dont know. thats a pretty specific and serious threat, i would think policy would be somewhat clear

Edited by Meathead

dont even try to point the the instances they found bias

yes there ARE some cop organizations that are definitely racist. just like they will always be racists in every race. and its great when we can catch them and eliminate that. but now they are the outlier

there are also problems with the investigations having cultural and political bias. there are some illogical conclusions made based on that bias in the investigation objectives. several current books point this out is detail. i would provide titles but i know thats a waste of time

so yes, the idea that there is a SYSTEMATIC racism in american law enforcement against blacks is indeed for sure a fantasy now

data from multiple sources has been clear. the one big university study, done by a black man, returned results he said were the most surprising of his life. statistically relative to crime rates by race, there are more whites and hispanics killed by cops than blacks. as one of the book authors put it, we really should be talking about white and hispanic lives matter

the point there, of course, is that the issue there is that cops are sometimes dicks but they arent racist dicks conspiring against blacks. thats most false at this point in history. so our focus should be on cops acting properly, not condemning them automatically for a specific racial bias that doesnt even exist

even for threatening to shoot him? thats my question for somebody in law enforcement. is that a special level of threat that he has to try to apprehend at that time? does he even have the option to just phone it in? i honestly dont know. thats a pretty specific and serious threat, i would think policy would be somewhat clear

The 13 year old who sounded like a little girl said he would sue him or shoot him ?

What a menacing little guy.

Allegedly the aggro cop called some girl a little !@#$ and the boy took his shot at sticking up for her

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• 4 years later...