The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

...hate him all you want....but Trump's MAJOR media pushback is PERFECT........these MSM skanks and their ignorant, self serving questions redefined political partisanship in a time that this country has never seen......in this time of crisis, did anyone SERIOUSLY expect it to change?......um...er....uh...oh....well...perhaps....maybe...ok....... NOT...TDS hatred is sewn too deep......

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The media has no concept of what Leadership is all about. They b i t c h about everything without noticing that Trump put together an impressive team to fight this virus and it appears as if they are doing everything possible to beat this scourge. His fighting back against a highly disingenuous press actually endears himself to the public and his daily briefings show the populace that he is not only engaged in fighting the virus but is a true Leader. 

• Like (+1) 1

....Mad Cow Disease.........

MSNBC's Maddow wants Trump kept off TV, blasts 'fairytale' news briefings

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow urged television networks not to air White House updates on the coronavirus outbreak, claiming "misinformation" from President Trump will "cost lives."

"I know we ought to be getting used to this kind of thing by now, but I'm not," Maddow began Friday night. "President Trump today, again, just flat-out wrong in public about this malaria drug that has gotten stuck in his mind, quite some distance from the facts."

The liberal primetime host was referring to Trump's claim Friday that the drug they're hoping to use against the coronavirus is "effective," but Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House task force quickly walked back the claim, saying it had not gone through a clinical trial and how the FDA previously stated that the drug had not been approved to combat the coronavirus.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-maddow-wants-trump-kept-off-tv-blasts-fairytale-news-briefings

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow urged television networks not to air White House updates on the coronavirus outbreak, claiming "misinformation" from President Trump will "cost lives."

"I know we ought to be getting used to this kind of thing by now, but I'm not," Maddow began Friday night. "President Trump today, again, just flat-out wrong in public about this malaria drug that has gotten stuck in his mind, quite some distance from the facts."

The liberal primetime host was referring to Trump's claim Friday that the drug they're hoping to use against the coronavirus is "effective," but Dr. Anthony Fauci of the White House task force quickly walked back the claim, saying it had not gone through a clinical trial and how the FDA previously stated that the drug had not been approved to combat the coronavirus.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbcs-maddow-wants-trump-kept-off-tv-blasts-fairytale-news-briefings

I saw this one this morning.  

Censor the commander in chief. Report only on the basis of what the corporation thinks is relevant for the masses to know. Trust the media...not the officials in charge of the crisis. 

I feel like I’ve heard about this sort of thing happening before and it didn’t end well for the citizenry.  I think I’ll pass. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I saw this one this morning.  

Censor the commander in chief. Report only on the basis of what the corporation thinks is relevant for the masses to know. Trust the media...not the officials in charge of the crisis. 

I feel like I’ve heard about this sort of thing happening before and it didn’t end well for the citizenry.  I think I’ll pass. 

I was right about the media years ago. Trump should have broken them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Why do you think they want him off the air? The media's duplicity is becoming more and more apparent all the while Trump is getting favorable approval ratings for handling the crisis. The MSM has shot their wad and now can't get even Ilhan Omar to side with them. We need a healthy media in this country. Killing them off doesn't do anything for us. Making fools out of them does. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I don’t want broken, I don’t think that’s the answer either.  That swings way too far the wrong way.  On that note, btw, it’s fair to recognize Maddow as a celebrity voice v an actual journalist.  I’m wondering why her corporate leadership did not immediately release a statement rejecting her call to censor the White House.  odd. 

So, we march onward, with so much angst and handwringing over the hurt feelings and fears of what “other countries“ might think....as the assembled horde of journalists pepper him with mindless and stupid question answered over and over and over.  But you and I, well we can figure it out for ourselves anyway.  

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

A rather "normal" leftist's reaction.

The Daily briefings have been a good way of keeping America informed and showing that the administration is working, with everyone, to get things done.

The rise in President Trump's approval rating shows that they are effective.

Of course they want them cancelled.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why do you think they want him off the air? The media's duplicity is becoming more and more apparent all the while Trump is getting favorable approval ratings for handling the crisis. The MSM has shot their wad and now can't get even Ilhan Omar to side with them. We need a healthy media in this country. Killing them off doesn't do anything for us. Making fools out of them does. 

..they are resilient skanks even in the unparalleled national/worldwide emergency.....but he needs to keep pounding them...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..they are resilient skanks even in the unparalleled national/worldwide emergency.....but he needs to keep pounding them...........

The people that like Trump also like his pugnacious personality. They like a fighter. I remember many years ago apologizing for fighting with a client over a commission. I was told by him to not be embarrassed over it because if I wasn't going to fight for myself he doubted that I'd fight for him. That became a great response to future clients. Trump just refuses to accept the status quo and is admired for that. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

The people that like Trump also like his pugnacious personality. They like a fighter. I remember many years ago apologizing for fighting with a client over a commission. I was told by him to not be embarrassed over it because if I wasn't going to fight for myself he doubted that I'd fight for him. That became a great response to future clients. Trump just refuses to accept the status quo and is admired for that. 

....still in business for my 44th year, I was never really impressed with his business style.......HOWEVER........residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., his brash, bold, pugnacious, condescending, irascible, "ain't taking no S&%T, et al style is EXACTLY what the staid, stale and HIGHLY corrupt "good 'ol boys political fraternity" has needed FOR YEARS....breached, upside down, inside out and on their ugly heads.....for how many YEARS has the battle cry been, "we need a Washington outsider to clean up the mess"??.....and for how many YEARS have Washington INSIDERS fraudulently proclaimed their candidacy as a "Washington outsider"?.......so we FINALLY get a REAL Washington Outsider who has flushed up more graft, corruption, fraud etc than if EVERY damn septic system in the US overflowed (and more to come).....but, BUT, "this is not what we meant"......too 'effin bad....deal with it......

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t want broken, I don’t think that’s the answer either.  That swings way too far the wrong way.  On that note, btw, it’s fair to recognize Maddow as a celebrity voice v an actual journalist.  I’m wondering why her corporate leadership did not immediately release a statement rejecting her call to censor the White House.  odd. 

So, we march onward, with so much angst and handwringing over the hurt feelings and fears of what “other countries“ might think....as the assembled horde of journalists pepper him with mindless and stupid question answered over and over and over.  But you and I, well we can figure it out for ourselves anyway.  

She should be forced to broadcast her show in the nude too. Then no one would watch it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Coronavirus is ‘existential threat’ to Trump reelection: GOP insiders

New York Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronavirus-existential-threat-trump-reelection

...quite the irrelevant POS article whether GOP insiders, outsiders, Dem insiders or outsiders as well as views of independent insiders or outsiders as well as being a fallacious concern now......the last national crisis of magnitude was 9-11......and I submit this pales in comparison....the 9-11 crisis took time for the bloated Federal machine to react....a national/worldwide health crisis of THIS magnitude is a different animal as the Federal response unfolds......we've seen it with national disasters/FEMA response as an indicator......but let's just keep politicizing it for individual gain.....sorely 'effed up....