The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Update:Ricky Gervais Proves Pompous Hollywood Can No Longer Take a Joke,”

John Nolte writes, quoting from Ali and other DNC-MSM Hollywood sycophants. “The media have literally become the Celebrity Ego Protection League. And this is why both Hollywood and the media have fallen so out of favor with the American people. Instead of informing and entertaining us, they instruct, lecture, and shame us. Instead of good-natured laughs or the passing on of information, it’s self-righteous sanctimony from humorless prigs who have deluded themselves into a sense of unearned superiority and importance to the world. God bless Gervais. His only goal was to entertain those of us watching on TV, and he knows nothing is funnier or more liberating than mocking a room full of people who can’t take a joke.”

Good comedy never punches down on marginalized communities like entertainment industry executives,

it challenges sacred cows like all those stump-toothed inbred hillbillies from Pennsyltucky or wherever

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Some pretty good stuff, but still a nagging feeling that those were all pre-screened and approved jokes.  Those jokes are based on topics even the most insulated celebrity understands the deplorables are aware of.  Then were the screenshots of Tom Hanks, the wise statesman celebrity who does not approve.  Yeah, tell me that's not scripted

Maybe, but it seems more edgy than what would normally be considered edgy for some dopey awards show.  What was the end game?  His monolouge was so over the top to provide cover to Hollywood?  The crack about Apple...sweat shops and child labor jokes? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe, but it seems more edgy than what would normally be considered edgy for some dopey awards show.  What was the end game?  His monolouge was so over the top to provide cover to Hollywood?  The crack about Apple...sweat shops and child labor jokes? 

I can't find any positives for the Hollywood Liberal's in this.

10 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I can't find any positives for the Hollywood Liberal's in this.

A couple of the jokes--felicity huffman, less school than greta...were mildly amusing and obvious.  But "you'd represent ISIS" given the chance?  Epstein is your boy? You allw roked for Harvey?

And actually I thought the Felicity Huffman joke was pretty funny.  

• Like (+1) 1

Pre-approved or not, the "Stars" were definitely put on the spot, and uncomfortable. That made it good enough for me.

The obvious fake laughter, like Scorcese's (creep), and the nervous tittering was cherishable.

***** Tom Hanks...what a weenie.

Edited by 32ABBA

32 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Pre-approved or not, the "Stars" were definitely put on the spot, and uncomfortable. That made it good enough for me.

The obvious fake laughter, like Scorcese's (creep), and the nervous tittering was cherishable.

***** Tom Hanks...what a weenie.

he wasn't able to mail in his pat naive and earnest man shtick

• Like (+1) 1