The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

21 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The liberal media and liberal governments of Canada/US/UK laughed away all concerns of this infiltration from 1919 to 1991

These 3 countries infiltrated the USSR during the Cold War as well

i'll choose to believe the efforts of the Can/US/UK were for the betterment of the world

The other difference of course is that there was no secret in what the Western countries were doing to seed information to the Soviet block, because Voice of America, Radio Free Europe were out in the public.

At least this is the start of illuminating sunshine on the clandestine activities.  Next step will be uncovering the role the KGB played in seeding unrest in the US during the civil rights era, including assassinating MLK and Malcom X.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GG said:

The other difference of course is that there was no secret in what the Western countries were doing to seed information to the Soviet block, because Voice of America, Radio Free Europe were out in the public.

At least this is the start of illuminating sunshine on the clandestine activities.  Next step will be uncovering the role the KGB played in seeding unrest in the US during the civil rights era, including assassinating MLK and Malcom X.

VOA was awesome, i mean deep state stuff, which the media and Hollywood told me non-stop was pure evil by the USA during the 70s and 80s

On 10/28/2019 at 2:45 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Economy booming....check

Unemployment down....check

Existing wars ending....check

No new wars started....check

Nuclear threats diminished....check

Allies stepping up to the plate....check

Terrorist leaders killed....check

What's the problem again?  If the folks in the media would step back for one minute and look at the overall arc of the President's job performance they'd have to be embarrassed with how they've spun it. You shouldn't judge anyone on the News of the Day, or the Twitter Minute....but apparently that's where we're at now.  Not looking good for our future national discourse.

The economy is not booming - is is sub 2 percent growth and the deficit has been doubled. So same growth rate as Obama with twice the debt. Growth built on debt.....what could go wrong

Unemployment trends have simply continued the same trends as the last 9 years.

What wars have ended? We are still in Afghanistan and Korea....

No new wars - congrats on the obvious

Nuclear threats diminished? Where? - North Korea is status quo with 2016 and Iran deal was ripped up with nothing better to replace it. 

Allies steeping up?  Who? 

Terrorist leaders....Congrats....the systems in place for the last 18 years continue to progress....

Health Care - Zip

Infrastructure - Zero

Wall - Invisible

FoxConn Plant in WI - Conned all right

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Bring back manufacturing - Nada

Deficit - doubled

China - Nothing accomplished

Allies - Betrayed across the board

North Korea - Nothing changed

Iran - Bagged agreement - yet to replace it with anything better

Nafta - Not ratified

Edited by TH3

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

The economy is not booming - is is sub 2 percent growth and the deficit has been doubled. So same growth rate as Obama with twice the debt. Growth built on debt.....what could go wrong

Unemployment trends have simply continued the same trends as the last 9 years.

What wars have ended? We are still in Afghanistan and Korea....

No new wars - congrats on the obvious

Nuclear threats diminished? Where? - North Korea is status quo with 2016 and Iran deal was ripped up with nothing better to replace it. 

Allies steeping up?  Who? 

Terrorist leaders....Congrats....the systems in place for the last 18 years continue to progress....

Health Care - Zip

Infrastructure - Zero

Wall - Invisible

FoxConn Plant in WI - Conned all right

Coal plants - Bankrupt

Bring back manufacturing - Nada

Deficit - doubled

China - Nothing accomplished

Allies - Betrayed across the board

North Korea - Nothing changed

Iran - Bagged agreement - yet to replace it with anything better

Nafta - Not ratified

The economy isn’t booming? May I ask where you live? There are cranes over every major skyline.

care to refute what I wrote?....i tend to try to steer toward actual policy results....just going on what he promised and has actually deleivered....

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The economy isn’t booming? May I ask where you live? There are cranes over every major skyline.

1.9 percent growth rate is booming?

Budget deficit doubled?

Oh.....I guess we go by crane counts these days instead of actual data.....

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

TH also said no new wars were no big deal — forgetting that starting new wars has been the staple of the past 16 years of bipartisan policy from the White House. 

Obama ran on ending wars, and expanded them all while killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in them and his drone program. For that he won a Nobel peace prize — and applause from TH because people like TH are easy marks. 

The desire not to start wars is precisely why Trump was targeted in the first place by the establishment here and abroad. 

In short, TH is a partisan and unable to be objective. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

TH also said no new wars were no big deal — forgetting that starting new wars has been the staple of the past 16 years of bipartisan policy from the White House. 

Obama ran on ending wars, and expanded them all while killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in them and his drone program. For that he won a Nobel peace prize — and applause from TH because people like TH are easy marks. 

The desire not to start wars is precisely why Trump was targeted in the first place by the establishment here and abroad. 

meant to call the board name THC but slipped on the keyboard.... and.... you know..... wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I did not vote for BO.....but he took over one of the most difficult economic and international circumstances in my lifetime...

Not starting a war i think of as a layup....sorry

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

care to refute what I wrote?....i tend to try to steer toward actual policy results....just going on what he promised and has actually deleivered....

1.9 percent growth rate is booming?

Budget deficit doubled?

Oh.....I guess we go by crane counts these days instead of actual data.....

Gladly....the issues you cited where nothing has happened are in general regarding domestic program spending bills that you’d like to see move forward (infrastructure and health care for example). The President doesn’t write bills. The Congress does...but they’re too busy with impeachment. If Trump had vetoed those bills you’d have more of an argument but...

And yes one of the major indicators of how an economy is doing is to look to see who’s willing to take a risk at building future projects. Cranes are an excellent indicator. You probably can’t see any from your mothers basement.

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I did not vote for BO.....but he took over one of the most difficult economic and international circumstances in my lifetime...

Not starting a war i think of as a layup....sorry

Nobody’s criticizing BO here. But yes, many said Trump was going to start WWIII. He hasn’t.

• Haha (+1) 1