PPP Trump Job Approval: One Month In

Dorkington

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove Trump's job performance?

• Approve
    • Disapprove

I can't answer. Don't want the kooks protesting me at work.

Certain topics have been proven to be off limits unless all sides are willing to have a breezy Dokkers chat over a beer or a consented teaching opportunity.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Trump tweeted last week for rallies of support, "Maybe the millions of people who voted to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN should have their own rally. It would be the biggest of them all!", yesterday was "March 4 Trump" day. The Yuge event attracted not millions or hundreds of thousands, but a few thousand across the country. Sad!

58bb1f0b1500002100abd309.jpeg?cache=6ho9

After Trump tweeted last week for rallies of support, "Maybe the millions of people who voted to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN should have their own rally. It would be the biggest of them all!", yesterday was "March 4 Trump" day. The Yuge event attracted not millions or hundreds of thousands, but a few thousand across the country. Sad!

And still a larger crowd than Hillary could draw. Ever.

And still a larger crowd than Hillary could draw. Ever.

Reminds me of scenes from a Tim Kaine rally at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) that I caught a stream of last year. Senator from Virginia, major party VP nominee, speaking at a University in his home state, and the only people there were media and a handful of ODU faculty

Reminds me of scenes from a Tim Kaine rally at Old Dominion University (Norfolk, VA) that I caught a stream of last year. Senator from Virginia, major party VP nominee, speaking at a University in his home state, and the only people there were media and a handful of ODU faculty

I was there but I was just trying to get to the Chic Fil A.

He's been entertaining, that's for sure. I didn't vote for him but I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've hated most of his cabinet picks but it has been fun watching everyone's head explode on the left. For him not being a ideologue he seems to be a wet dream for the right wing though with a few exceptions. That being said I'd rather have 8 years of Trump than a single day of Mike Pence so I hope he manages to keep from getting impeached.

Way too soon for an actual grade, but too soon to tell wasn't an option.

He's been entertaining, that's for sure. I didn't vote for him but I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've hated most of his cabinet picks but it has been fun watching everyone's head explode on the left. For him not being a ideologue he seems to be a wet dream for the right wing though with a few exceptions. That being said I'd rather have 8 years of Trump than a single day of Mike Pence so I hope he manages to keep from getting impeached.

Way too soon for an actual grade, but too soon to tell wasn't an option.

You actually think that it's too soon to have an opinion on how Trump is doing?

I ask because, well... you're the first person I've ever seen say that. Not only has everyone made up their minds on the guy, but he's been about as polarizing a President that we've had, certainly in our life times. It seems like he's totally a love him or hate him type of a guy.

OK clown, name the actual scandals and the specific provable acts that would prove his scandalous behavior.

Ethics, ethics, ethics, we all knew from day one, Trump lacks ethics.

Hey... Only around 60 days in, but plagued by scandal, big and small. I will get back with you when the history books are written.

But it wasn't without warning:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/138761/trump-cabinet-going-plagued-scandals

The Trump cabinet is going to be plagued by scandals.On Monday, appearing at his first press conference since Donald Trump was made president-elect, Barack Obama spoke proudly about his administrations track record, which was squeaky clean by two-term presidential standards. I am very proud of the fact that we willknock on woodleave this administration without significant scandal, he said. Weve made mistakes, there have been screw-ups, but I will put the ethics of this administration and our track record in terms of just abiding by the rules and norms, and keeping trust with the American peopleI will put this administration against any administration in history.

Again, not even 2 months into the Trump admin and he is on it's heels faster than you can say: "Sabres have a 3-0 lead over Penguins in the first!"

Oh... And Trump is a pathological liar and crazyman too.

Hey... Only around 60 days in, but plagued by scandal, big and small. I will get back with you when the history books are written.

But it wasn't without warning:

https://newrepublic.com/minutes/138761/trump-cabinet-going-plagued-scandals

The Trump cabinet is going to be plagued by scandals.On Monday, appearing at his first press conference since Donald Trump was made president-elect, Barack Obama spoke proudly about his administrations track record, which was squeaky clean by two-term presidential standards. I am very proud of the fact that we willknock on woodleave this administration without significant scandal, he said. Weve made mistakes, there have been screw-ups, but I will put the ethics of this administration and our track record in terms of just abiding by the rules and norms, and keeping trust with the American peopleI will put this administration against any administration in history.

Again, not even 2 months into the Trump admin and he is on it's heels faster than you can say: "Sabres have a 3-0 lead over Penguins in the first!"

Oh... And Trump is a pathological liar and crazyman too.

You are full of schit, again.

Obama's scandals include fast and furious, IRS targeting political opponents, hacking a journalist, Benghazi, mean spirited evictions and shutdowns during government shutdown, a SOS who criminally used an unsafe private server to communicate with classified documents and the same SOS while in office laundering money from not only private citizens but foreign governments. What would you expect though from a guy who bought his house in Chicago with chicanery in collusion with a criminal and beat down political opponents by releasing sealed documents concerning them?

Trump's scandals consist of a shitload of innuendo and false claims against him by Hillary's supporters.

Obama's scandals include fast and furious, IRS targeting political opponents, hacking a journalist, Benghazi, mean spirited evictions and shutdowns during government shutdown, a SOS who criminally used an unsafe private server to communicate with classified documents and the same SOS while in office laundering money from not only private citizens but foreign governments. What would you expect though from a guy who bought his house in Chicago with chicanery in collusion with a criminal and beat down political opponents by releasing sealed documents concerning them?

Trump's scandals consist of a shitload of innuendo and false claims against him by Hillary's supporters.

This message brought to you & approved by the RNC Operatives that troll this, board.

Next time I need pictures and memes. I may actually read it it then.

Hope they are paying you time and a half.

This message brought to you & approved by the RNC Operatives that troll this, board.

Next time I need pictures and memes. I may actually read it it then.

Hope they are paying you time and a half.

Name one proven scandal connected to Trump's presidency that reflects on him. I see you didn't have the ability to refute Obama's scandals so you claimed to not have read my post. Chickenshit coward.

Of course, his opponent didn't even wait to get elected before she was awash in scandal!

Name one proven scandal connected to Trump's presidency that reflects on him. I see you didn't have the ability to refute Obama's scandals so you claimed to not have read my post. Chickenshit coward.

You are letting your slip show, you dirty girl...

Of course, his opponent didn't even wait to get elected before she was awash in scandal!

Does it really matter at this point. Scandal either way was preordained.

His cabinet picks soured me on him. Especially DeVos, Sessions (hello voter suppression laws), and Pruitt. Carson and Perry have no experience whatsoever as HUD and SOE. I do like the picks of Tillerson, Mattis, Haley, and now McMaster as NSA. I feel more comfortable with Mattis and Haley giving firm speeches condemning Putin.

I guess the Gorsich pick was a good one, but how hard is it really to pick a judge?

The travel ban was a huge screw up as all it did was cause confusion. I'm for the ban, but the roll-out was horrible. Then you have to deal with Trump's dumb tweets and unfounded accusations (crowd size, millions of illegal voters, wiretapping) and listen to the media talk about them for weeks. I don't like Bannon's "economic nationalism" philosophy and Trump's anti free trade rhetoric. Economics 101 tells you free trade, trade deals, and lifting regulations creates the most jobs.

I like the new health care proposal, but will reserve judgment until the final bill is passed. Check back with me in a year.

Lol......we've entered the Fox News/shock jock conservative radio world.

Treason is pretty bad, you can see why the rightists are getting all defensive. It is fight or die.

The one's that over compensate like Trump are the one's you gotta watch. One's that accuse others of criminal activity at every turn are usually the worst offenders. It takes a criminal to know a criminal.

Does it really matter at this point. Scandal either way was preordained.

Of course, it's just sport for people who don't follow either actual sports or reality television. Which is why I find nothing but comedy at all the faux 'can you believe what Trump said?!?!?' outrage. All these ass-hats acting as if anything Trump does impacts their lives one iota. Gimmie a !@#$ing break.

You actually think that it's too soon to have an opinion on how Trump is doing?

I ask because, well... you're the first person I've ever seen say that. Not only has everyone made up their minds on the guy, but he's been about as polarizing a President that we've had, certainly in our life times. It seems like he's totally a love him or hate him type of a guy.

It's a mixed bag. I was rooting for Trump early on because he was entertaining in a rubbernecking a car crash type of way but I never thought he'd win in the general. I was rooting for Bernie for the Democrats but in the end I held my nose and voted for Hillary. I don't believe she's the devil like it says to in the conservative hand book but I've never cared for her as a candidate. It just felt like she was being forced on us (for decades) and the Russian hacks kind of bring credibility to that notion so even though I voted for her, I'm not really upset that she lost.

Trump is a tire fire but apparently that's what the people wanted. He may have been out voted but he won the election based on the long standing rules and I was willing to keep an open mind a see what a businessman could do in the White House. Sure he's a complete !@#$ but at least its entertaining and he's definitely gonna put our system of checks and balances to the test.

So basically I'm enjoying the spectacle more than evaluating at this point. If I have to predict how it goes longer term I predict a boost to the economy that predominantly goes to the rich and massive deficits just like under Reagan. I hope he doesn't screw up to the point of impeachment though because I don't want Pence doing anything more than breaking the rare ties in the Senate. I'd rather have a spray tanned narcissist who was born on third base that worships the god of money than a fundamentalist Christian who would prefer to runs things like it's the time of Leviticus.

Of course, it's just sport for people who don't follow either actual sports or reality television. Which is why I find nothing but comedy at all the faux 'can you believe what Trump said?!?!?' outrage. All these ass-hats acting as if anything Trump does impacts their lives one iota. Gimmie a !@#$ing break.

I know I know. But come on, how far have we sunk as a society when the POTUS acts like just another Twittering douchebag down the street. And a pathological liar too. We've come close, but have we ever really been down this road before?

Our standards have crashed. Maybe I am just too attached, I should just enjoy watching things that took 227 years to build, ebb and flow how we liked it or not, just flush down the sewer.

Am I being overly dramatic? Set too high of a bar. This isn't a personal hatred of the man for me. Scorch earth, highly competitive games never built quality societies. They always rotted from within.

How much of a dangerous demagogue warning do we really need? A bite in the ass?

@ the core of this debate is what separates an idealistic, head in the clouds liberal mind from a practical, feet on the ground conservative mind. Things simply don't have to impact my life one iota for me to start caring. IMO, that is what you miss. Life isn't only Xs and Os.

I know I know. But come on, how far have we sunk as a society when the POTUS acts like just another Twittering douchebag down the street. And a pathological liar too. We've come close, but have we ever really been down this road before?

Our standards have crashed. Maybe I am just too attached, I should just enjoy watching things that took 227 years to build, ebb and flow how we liked it or not, just flush down the sewer.

Am I being overly dramatic? Set too high of a bar. This isn't a personal hatred of the man for me. Scorch earth, highly competitive games never built quality societies. They always rotted from within.

How much of a dangerous demagogue warning do we really need? A bite in the ass?

@ the core of this debate is what separates an idealistic, head in the clouds liberal mind from a practical, feet on the ground conservative mind. Things simply don't have to impact my life one iota for me to start caring. IMO, that is what you miss. Life isn't only Xs and Os.

But honestly, it's not just Trump and his torrent of midnight tweets. The executive branch of the federal government is spewing leaks like it was Niagara Falls, accusations of wiretaps are rampant with no apparent FISA warrants, and the major news outlets - both broadcast and print - in full-blown selective reporting mode. Add to that congressional dems offering Trump the same resistance that Obama received from the republicans regarding legislation, in addition to the organized protests/riots still happening everywhere, and it's no wonder things are in the state they are. I have to say that if I was in Trump's position, I'd be sidestepping the media too by tweeting like he does. I'd just be significantly more thoughtful in how I worded my messages.