Trump and Russia

We are now nearing the midway point of President Trump's first term. From the beginning he's been accused of many things, almost all of which have not come to pass, starting with the Russian Conspiracy narrative. Let's walk through the shifting narrative for fun: 

CLAIM: Trump colluded/conspired with Russia to tip the election! 

REALITY: There's been zero evidence put forth to make this case, zero indictments by the SC on these charges, and the actions of Trump's administrations have been harsher on Russia and its geopolitical goals than either of the past two administrations. 

CLAIM: Trump obstructed the Russia Collusion/Conspiracy investigation!

REALITY: Comey was fired for cause, backed by the Obama appointed OIG. McCabe was fired for cause, backed by the same OIG. Trump's legal team and transition team have all complied with the SC's requests for documents (over 1 million willingly turned over, including all campaign emails), testimony, as well as every Congressional committee. 

CLAIM: Trump will lead us into war with North Korea!

REALITY

Image result for trump kim jong un

CLAIM: Trump's trade wars will crash the economy!

REALITY: The economy is stronger than it's been in over a decade, and rising. 

CLAIM: Trump called the press the enemy of the people! He's going to incite violence!

REALITY: Trump called the fake news media the enemy of the people. To date, Jim Acosta remains unharmed. 

CLAIM: Trump is revoking security clearances to assault free speech!

REALITY: Brennan is on TV more than ever, writing op-eds more than ever, and security clearances are not protected under the first amendment. 

The only constant in this thread is that each and every time we're told Trump is about to end the world or unmask himself as Hitler reborn it turns out to be incorrect. There's no acknowledgement that these claims were wrong by those who made them, instead those same people just shift to a new narrative like hermit crabs moving to a new shell. Makes you wonder who's really the dirty actors here? Is it those who continue to peddle bogus narratives without a hint of objectivity? 

Why is Trump such a threat to these people and institutions if he's simultaneously described as inept, mentally incapable, and a neophyte? 

(Could it be he's a threat because he's been right all along about the USIC, the fake news media, and administrations of yesteryear?.... naaaah)

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

They found a single US voter willing to testify Russia changed their vote from Hillary to Trump?

That nonsense has always annoyed the sh*t out of me.

I have no doubt that Trump has financial ties to Russia and that Russia purposefully engineered a disinformation campaign on his behalf. What role he played in that is unclear.

If Americans are that easily manipulated, and they are, why the hell am I blaming Russia for YOUR ignorance? You get the government you deserve.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I have no doubt that Trump has financial ties to Russia and that Russia purposefully engineered a disinformation campaign on his behalf. What role he played in that is unclear.

If Americans are that easily manipulated, and they are, why the hell am I blaming Russia for YOUR ignorance? You get the government you deserve.

He's a canadian, you twat.

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well, the Clintons have financial ties to Russia, too.  Lots of people do at that level.  It doesn't prove "collusion" or anything.  

And I tend to think that Russia wasn't acting to Trump's benefit, so much as they were trying to sow uncertainty and discord within the American system.  And I imagine Putin's still privately laughing about it because he'd never in a million years thought the American public would let him be as wildly successful as he's been.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I have no doubt that Trump has financial ties to Russia

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well, the Clintons have financial ties to Russia, too.  Lots of people do at that level.  It doesn't prove "collusion" or anything.  

You know who else had ties to Russia?

adolf-hitler-portrait-01.jpg&f=1

16 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

If Americans are that easily manipulated, and they are, why the hell am I blaming Russia for YOUR ignorance?

Because in SJW America your problems are always somebody elses fault

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And I tend to think that Russia wasn't acting to Trump's benefit, so much as they were trying to sow uncertainty and discord within the American system.  And I imagine Putin's still privately laughing about it because he'd never in a million years thought the American public would let him be as wildly successful as he's been.

I suspect there are very few things we'd agree on politically, but I like your style.

The reason I decided to chime in on this forum was to understand the alternative perspective. With all the histrionics bellowing from both sides, (from many sides) there has to be some kind of commonality. Or not. Either way, sticking one's fingers in one's ears and refusing to ask questions strikes me as a exercise in futility.

8 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I suspect there are very few things we'd agree on politically, but I like your style.

The reason I decided to chime in on this forum was to understand the alternative perspective. With all the histrionics bellowing from both sides, (from many sides) there has to be some kind of commonality. Or not. Either way, sticking one's fingers in one's ears and refusing to ask questions strikes me as a exercise in futility.

No one is sticking their fingers in their ears, not one shred of evidence

has been presented of anything relating to trump-russia,  not even circumstantial

evidence, just lies and speculation from the (lol) media, unlike the other side, where

swamp rats have been caught red handed doing all kinds of swampy things.

If there is evidence, I'd like to see it if it's true, sometime in the next 5 years or so

would be preferable.

10 minutes ago, Kelly101 said:

No one is sticking their fingers in their ears, not one shred of evidence

has been presented of anything relating to trump-russia,  not even circumstantial

evidence, just lies and speculation from the (lol) media, unlike the other side, where

swamp rats have been caught red handed doing all kinds of swampy things.

If there is evidence, I'd like to see it if it's true, sometime in the next 5 years or so

would be preferable.

What exactly have they caught these swamp rats doing besides undermining your boy? Maybe you were referring to Pruitt, Price, etc. If so, we're in total agreement.

The entire spoils of your investigations seem to revolve around one human being. Do you honestly believe said human being is working on YOUR behalf?

If so, please check out my ads on Craigslist. Really good sh*t at reasonable prices!

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What exactly have they caught these swamp rats doing besides undermining your boy? Maybe you were referring to Pruitt, Price, etc. If so, we're in total agreement.

The entire spoils of your investigations seem to revolve around one human being. Do you honestly believe said human being is working on YOUR behalf?

If so, please check out my ads on Craigslist. Really good sh*t at reasonable prices!

Those kinds of ads were prohibited by Craigslist months ago. From what I've heard 34fan has had good luck at the interstate restrooms with the old "foot tap".

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What exactly have they caught these swamp rats doing besides undermining your boy?

Running an ongoing (for multiple administrations) illegal political spy ring inside the DOJ National Security Division and FBI Counterintelligence division? 

That's kind of a big deal, and was the starting point for this entire concocted narrative that "Russia and Trump colluded/conspired". It was always a CYA operation, which you apparently fell for hook line and sinker without stopping to ask for evidence. 

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/icotr/51117/2016_Cert_FISC_Memo_Opin_Order_Apr_2017.pdf

Note pages 83-84. It lays it all out there.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Probably more than you'd think.

Mostly, I'm a social libertarian with conservative economic leanings who prefers to be ruled by laws than people.  But many people mistake me for a reactionary conservative, because I don't engage in ridiculous histrionics like "We need Obamacare because the Declaration of Independence guarantees is the right to not die!"  (Which is a painful bit of stupidity I've actually seen.)

10 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Probably more than you'd think.

Mostly, I'm a social libertarian with conservative economic leanings who prefers to be ruled by laws than people.  But many people mistake me for a reactionary conservative, because I don't engage in ridiculous histrionics like "We need Obamacare because the Declaration of Independence guarantees is the right to not die!"  (Which is a painful bit of stupidity I've actually seen.)

C'mon Tom, tell him about your Gran Torino too.

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm a social libertarian

who really really loves CENSORSHIP.... which is not exactly "libertarian" in the "social" sense...

DC Tom is a Zionist LIAR who says whatever he thinks will help his cause at the moment, his cause being

MAKING SURE AMERICANS NEVER NOTICE ISRAEL DID 911

16 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

who really really loves CENSORSHIP.... which is not exactly "libertarian" in the "social" sense...

DC Tom is a Zionist LIAR who says whatever he thinks will help his cause at the moment, his cause being

Your crusade in every thread, eh?

39 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

You'll notice that there are NO PICTURES of Tom being a social libertarian! What's he trying to hide?!?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LaDexter said:

You know who else was a Zionist? 

Hitler!