Trump and Russia

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

That first post was, you, right?

Yes, I'm responding to what you said.

No one has ever intimated that Russia didn't try to interfere in our elections.

I mean, the media and the political left has tried to manufacture a narrative that President Trump doesn't think they tried to interfere, which is wholly untrue, and part of their larger strategy to frame the President in order to stage a coup attempt and delegitimize him, but literally no one believes the Russians didn't try to interfere.

I still don't understand.

You're addressing me. But you aren't responding to what I said. I'd say you're using a simple twist of rhetoric politicians often use, but I was told this is a place of intelligent discourse and I could learn a lot if I just stuck around. I wouldn't think posters in a place so described would so subtly twist words to try to make another poster look foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're addressing me. But you aren't responding to what I said. I'd say you're using a simple twist of rhetoric politicians often use, but I was told this is a place of intelligent discourse and I could learn a lot if I just stuck around. I wouldn't think posters in a place so described would so subtly twist words to try to make another poster look foolish.

Why are you intentionally trying to be thick?  You posed a question, he answered.  I really don't get what you're going for here...

I used to love reading your stuff (football-related), but I don't get why you're being obtuse here.

Edited by TtownBillsFan

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm sorry... are you responding to what I said?

It doesn't seem like it, despite your choice of quoting me.

Did you mean to quote someone else?

Didn't you say this:

... but we're supposed to believe Russia didn't influence the 2016 Presidential election????

18 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You stated, with what I read as a tone of incredulity, that "we're supposed to believe Russia didn't influence the 2016 Presidential election".

I responded, that no, we're not supposed to believe that, and that no one is asking you to believe that, nor have they ever.

I followed up with the point that what you're being asked to believe by the media and political left is that the President is asking you to believe that, but that he's not actually doing so.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/24/2018 at 2:27 PM, LABillzFan said:

They can't impeach Trump until civility is restored and civility can't be restored until the Dems win the House and the Dems can't win the house until they convince America that winning is bad for the country.

It's just like football. Winning only hurts the franchise.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

@TakeYouToTasker is by far the most dishonest poster here. He hides his racism, homophobia, and bigotry behind his faux libertarian values.

Trust him, he used to hate Trump!

I'm not fully up to speed on all the details of the Russian collusion conspiracy, so I'll ask those who are.

I don't understand why Russia would prefer Trump, or any Republican, over the Dems who happily grabbed their ankles for the Russians for the previous 8 years.

Is there any evidence at all that the Russian government attempted to influence the election in favor of Trump?

1 minute ago, peace out said:

@TakeYouToTasker is by far the most dishonest poster here. He hides his racism, homophobia, and bigotry behind his faux libertarian values.

Trust him, he used to hate Trump!

You tagged me solely for the purpose of making a personal attack, in the form of libel?

Gary, you are, without a doubt, the single most cancerous presence on this board:  a ***** person, who makes baseless charges without evidence, in place of arguments; and an intellectual black hole.

Beyond what I've just said, you're not even worth dignifying.  I'll allow the reader to form their own opinion based on our posting histories.

Good day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

I'm not fully up to speed on all the details of the Russian collusion conspiracy, so I'll ask those who are.

I don't understand why Russia would prefer Trump, or any Republican, over the Dems who happily grabbed their ankles for the Russians for the previous 8 years.

Is there any evidence at all that the Russian government attempted to influence the election in favor of Trump?

The evidence seems to be "Trump was elected."  The argument was always that Hillary was anti-Putin, as evidenced by events in Ukraine when she was Secretary of State.  Which I always thought was rather specious, given that the administration during that time also eased sanctions on Putin, had a huge hand in developing Skolkovo, handed over our Middle Eastern policy to Putin, and "gave Putin 80% of our uranium" (whatever that's supposed to mean.)  

Mostly, what I think happened is that Putin, rather than trying to swing the election one way, just wanted to sow chaos and distrust in the system no matter who won.  And lucked into the stupidest election cycle in the history of the world - the two sorriest, most divisive candidates in this country's history, both of whom were susceptible to social media propaganda, either of whom would have jumped on an "election fraud" narrative had they lost and maximized the chaos.  There's no conspiracy otherwise - no one could have conspired to arrange things so that, no matter who lost, the loser would undermine the system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Short version. When it appeared that Clinton was going to win Russia sowed (not sewed) disinformation that would discredit her. When Trump won they turned on him. Russia's actions were relatively minor unlike the collusion by the FBI, DOJ, etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

a ***** person, who makes baseless charges without evidence, in place of arguments; and an intellectual black hole.

So, in other words, he's a typical liberal.

54 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Short version. When it appeared that Clinton was going to win Russia sowed (not sewed) disinformation that would discredit her. When Trump won they turned on him. Russia's actions were relatively minor unlike the collusion by the FBI, DOJ, etc.

Short short version: Orange Man Bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

If anyone's curious, that's thirteen tipping points, and the end has begun no less than twenty-six times in twenty one months.  

What, no BOMB SHELL count?

Tough to count when you're carpet bombing.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Check this link out if you want a bit of a more in depth overview:

https://www.scribd.com/document/388798572/Building-a-Monster

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/local/public-safety/maria-butina-russian-gun-rights-advocate-charged-in-mueller-probe-moved-to-va-jail/2018/08/18/66a74252-a302-11e8-93e3-24d1703d2a7a_story.html

Maria Butina, Russian gun rights advocate charged in federal probe, moved to Va. jail

...aannnd 2+ months later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/ap-investigation-russian-charged-as-secret-agent-maria-butina-studied-us-groups-cyberdefenses-for-student-project/%3famp=1

AP Investigation: Russian charged as secret agent, Maria Butina, studied US groups’ cyberdefenses for student project

... but we're supposed to believe Russia didn't influence the 2016 Presidential election????

Jennifer-Lawrence-Okay.gif

10 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Of course they tried to interfere in our election, just as they have every election since pretty much forever; just as we actively try to influence the elections of other countries.

Are you completely new to geo-politics?

I see I apparently have to spell this out because I'm accused of being obtuse when I thought it was obvious.

You're calling me naive claiming the Russians and foreign entities have been trying to influence our elections forever.

The operative word you use here is "try."

I didn't use that word. Thus my confusion over whether you were actually addressing me since you were responding to something I didn't say.

I wasn't trying to be tricky... seemed pretty obvious the difference in meaning.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I see I apparently have to spell this out because I'm accused of being obtuse when I thought it was obvious.

You're calling me naive claiming the Russians and foreign entities have been trying to influence our elections forever.

The operative word you use here is "try."

I didn't use that word. Thus my confusion over whether you were actually addressing me since you were responding to something I didn't say.

I wasn't trying to be tricky... seemed pretty obvious the difference in meaning.

I think you are more dense than obtuse. The Russians tried to interfere in our election. They may have done so in some small way that didn't change the outcome.