Bills 2016 Draft Graded "D"(oug) By NFL.COM

BillsFanInJax

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They got a combined 8 games out of their top 2 picks and took a QB that they didn't plan to play in the 4th. I don't think that we should have expected a high grade. Vic Beasley was considered a bust a year ago too.

I will be concerned if Lawson doesn't take steps this year. I was never a big Ragland guy so he's more likely to impress me than underwhelm. If he's a decent starter that will be a win in my book. Seymour looks like a steal in the 7th. It is far too early to have an opinion on the Bills 2016 class (other than they need to get healthy).

The tone of this article sounds like someone with an agenda.

A. Washington had a great rookie year for an interior rookie lineman taken in the third round. Regardless of his size.

Wake me up in two years from now. If Lawson gets 8-12 sacks a season, Ragland turns into an every down LB with Seymour and Washington improving on a solid rookie campaign, talk to me then.

Yes the draft sucked but blaming Doug is ridiculous. It had Rex written all over it. Get the Clemson guy, the throwback guy who does not fit at all in the NFL and throw in another below average front 7 guy for good measure. Because.....Rex is all in. Whaley really needs to be judged from this point forward. If the Pegulas really picked Rex then not only is the disaster that was the last 2 season on them, but so was the wasted draft.

Yes the draft sucked but blaming Doug is ridiculous. It had Rex written all over it. Get the Clemson guy, the throwback guy who does not fit at all in the NFL and throw in another below average front 7 guy for good measure. Because.....Rex is all in. Whaley really needs to be judged from this point forward. If the Pegulas really picked Rex then not only is the disaster that was the last 2 season on them, but so was the wasted draft.

Whaley doesn't even control the 90 anymore. He's a glorified scout now.

Whaley selected a guy he knew wouldn't contribute this year.

That's a fail.

They got a combined 8 games out of their top 2 picks and took a QB that they didn't plan to play in the 4th. I don't think that we should have expected a high grade. Vic Beasley was considered a bust a year ago too.

I will be concerned if Lawson doesn't take steps this year. I was never a big Ragland guy so he's more likely to impress me than underwhelm. If he's a decent starter that will be a win in my book. Seymour looks like a steal in the 7th. It is far too early to have an opinion on the Bills 2016 class (other than they need to get healthy).

Silliness, I wish I hadn't clicked.

this^

this^

^+1

Doug is bulletproof and never drafted a player way ahead of where he should be or traded way to much to move up or gave a contact that unecessairly overpaid someone or gave a contract that actually paid someone while they were suspended. If this happened it was someone else who was responsible for it and he had no knowledge of it.

Didn't answer what I asked.

What's more important, the first year or the career?

For most teams, it's the career. But when you haven't been in the playoffs for as long as the Bills have been, your early draft picks better start contributing soon. For instance, only clown show management reaches for a major project of a QB in the 1st round like an EJ Manuel; no sense of urgency at all.

^+1

Doug is bulletproof and never drafted a player way ahead of where he should be or traded way to much to move up or gave a contact that unecessairly overpaid someone or gave a contract that actually paid someone while they were suspended. If this happened it was someone else who was responsible for it and he had no knowledge of it.

Nice sarcasm dude but can you honestly say that this draft didn't have REX written all over it? You hate Whaley. Fine. But that doesn't change the obvious reality.

Nice sarcasm dude but can you honestly say that this draft didn't have REX written all over it? You hate Whaley. Fine. But that doesn't change the obvious reality.

I don't hate Whaley the person. i think he is abysmal at his job and stated why in my post and after how he acted at the Rex firing he is a !@#$ing liar. You blame Rex for the draft but isnt it the GM who is responsible for drafting players that fit the scheme of the current coach? Would be nice if he didnt spend a first in an already injured player though.

For most teams, it's the career. But when you haven't been in the playoffs for as long as the Bills have been, your early draft picks better start contributing soon. For instance, only clown show management reaches for a major project of a QB in the 1st round like an EJ Manuel; no sense of urgency at all.

Soon, sure. But not necessarily 1.

Folks forget Dareus and JJ Watt had nearly identical first seasons. Which one would you rather have today?

We'll see what happens. I won't say I love Shaq the player, because I don't, but if he puts up double digit sack numbers and is disruptive this year, I can hardly fault Whaley for picking him.

Besides, there's more than enough ammo to string Doug up without resorting to "if Shaq sucks."

Soon, sure. But not necessarily 1.

Folks forget Dareus and JJ Watt had nearly identical first seasons. Which one would you rather have today?

We'll see what happens. I won't say I love Shaq the player, because I don't, but if he puts up double digit sack numbers and is disruptive this year, I can hardly fault Whaley for picking him.

Besides, there's more than enough ammo to FIRE Doug without resorting to "if Shaq sucks."

Not your biggest fan but you may think about editing your post