The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. And I think he's done enough that he can't be called a bust. Why did the Jags suck? They have a talented roster. I'm willing to give Bortles another year.

In the grand scale of things, I'm not sure you could call Bortles anything but. His regression last year put him squarely in the basement of starting QB's.

Lots of wise guys on here and non believers I say what I want when I want

Be careful of that...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

"Hard Rules:

Posts that contain the following material will not be tolerated and will be removed promptly (and depending on the nature of the offense - your ISP may be notified of these violations):

Do NOT post: Advertisements (We sell ad space to anyone who wants to get their website noticed).

Obscene material

Links to obscene material

Foul language

Personal or harassing threats

Libelous or defamatory information

Spam Messages

Personal "crusades" (posting the same information/opinion in an excessively repetitive manner. We want posters to share opinions not bludgeon others to death with them.)"

QB4 for me but he was always bound to grade fairly poorly in a couple of areas. I'm still a believer in the talent he possesses but I'm still not convinced that his ceiling (which is ultimately Aaron Rodgers-ish) is completely attainable. If the Bills take a shot to find out, I'll support them doing so. Might as well swing for the fences.

Sane goes for Kizer; I like what he can be. He's QB2 because I see an easier/quicker path to his ceiling being reached.

Makes sense on Mahomes; I just can't get there with Kizer. I guess I'll just repeat my evaluation of him, which sums it up for me: He does some critical things really well: his timing passes are excellent, his ability to scan the field is solid, and he’s got good power in his throws. There are also some real red flags for me in that he can’t seem to take a snap from under center, and his accuracy seems to drop precipitously beyond 20 yards. Moreover, I don’t like that he seems to go long stretches without challenging the deep secondary, and he also doesn’t appear to work the boundary down the field. Right now, he’s a R2 guy for me, but I think there will be a team that drools over his measurables enough to take him much higher than that.

QB4 for me but he was always bound to grade fairly poorly in a couple of areas. I'm still a believer in the talent he possesses but I'm still not convinced that his ceiling (which is ultimately Aaron Rodgers-ish) is completely attainable. If the Bills take a shot to find out, I'll support them doing so. Might as well swing for the fences.

This is pretty much exactly where I am.

Could you maybe just post each post once though? That would be really helpful. You entitled to your opinion and to give that more than once... but the exact same post in 4 different threads is too much.

For all the flack the BBMB "refugees" have been getting for posting this and not researching that...

The SEARCH function debates...

Here is a guy true blue to TBD since 03, framing turds and calling it art with every original post. Instead of the slew of insults and the typical piggy backing by longtime members that happens when someone NEW does that here, this dude gets a gentle slap on the wrist and a "you should really cut it out, bud".

This place is a riot.

Next time one of you so called originals wanna dump on new members for sharing their thoughts, realize the same could be said for the crapola thrown out here by your "OWN".

Someone had to put the Cahomes on the table..

Geesh.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

For all the flack the BBMB "refugees" have been getting for posting this and not researching that...

The SEARCH function debates...

Here is a guy true blue to TBD since 03, framing turds and calling it art with every original post. Instead of the slew of insults and the typical piggy backing by longtime members that happens when someone NEW does that here, this dude gets a gentle slap on the wrist and a "you should really cut it out, bud".

This place is a riot.

Next time one of you so called originals wanna dump on new members for sharing their thoughts, realize the same could be said for the crapola thrown out here by your "OWN".

Someone had to put the Cahomes on the table..

Geesh.

If you don't see this guy taking a beating, then you aren't paying attention.

Believe me, we're equal-opportunity smackdownians

How empty of a feeling would it be to see the Bills draft their #2 WR replacement of Woods, while the Cardinals get their future franchise QB only three spots later...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/28/15091152/2017-nfl-mock-draft-sb-nation-bloggers-picks

Tyrod Taylor is not the answer. The prospect of the Bills being the Bills and getting the QB decision wrong yet again is on the table in this draft.

How empty of a feeling would it be to see the Bills draft their #2 WR replacement of Woods, while the Cardinals get their future franchise QB only three spots later...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/28/15091152/2017-nfl-mock-draft-sb-nation-bloggers-picks

Tyrod Taylor is not the answer. The prospect of the Bills being the Bills and getting the QB decision wrong yet again is on the table in this draft.

The problem is who is thinking of developing a QB at One Bills Drive? Would McDermott want a QB over a CB or linebacker? I am afraid we are doing last year's draft again, only to fit McD's scheme.

In the grand scale of things, I'm not sure you could call Bortles anything but. His regression last year put him squarely in the basement of starting QB's.

I gotta be honest, I didn't see much of him last year. But I thought the Jags as a whole underperformed. If Bortles doesn't take a big step this year, he's a bust.

The problem is who is thinking of developing a QB at One Bills Drive? Would McDermott want a QB over a CB or linebacker? I am afraid we are doing last year's draft again, only to fit McD's scheme.

The know that they need a franchise QB, so it's...

1. Take a QB at #10 or after trading back

2. Let's see how Cardale develops this year because they see that potential

3. 2018 draft that looks like it's going to be very good

If they don't pick one this year, then at least there's the other two options. The big problem, or "what if", is are you passing on a real NFL star QB in Mahomes. That's the thing.

I gotta be honest, I didn't see much of him last year. But I thought the Jags as a whole underperformed. If Bortles doesn't take a big step this year, he's a bust.

He was bad. I also liked Bortles in the 2014 draft as well so I have watched him closely. He was good in 2015 and I actually expected a break out year last year but he went backwards. I am also not yet ready to give the bust tag but he needs to prove it this year. It is all or nothing for him. With Nate Hackett as his OC. I am not optimistic.

I believe Mahomes is going to be featured on NFL Network's Path to the Draft tonight. If you want him, I think you have to take him at #10. Arizona may take him at #13. I'd be shocked if he made it to the second round. If he does, Cleveland either takes him or reaps a slew of picks. No way he makes it to #44.

Who ever drafts Mahomes will win the Super Bowl with in 5 years

Wow, what a blanket statement. It takes much more than just a franchise QB to win a Super Bowl. Delusional thoughts from fantasy island. This years QB crop has been assessed to be less than impressive. So we're gonna waste our pick in the first round on one, again? I'm all for drafting a QB til it works out, not in the first, not this year. Could Mahomes be the real deal, sure. If it was a no brainer he'd be in the discussion for the first overall pick. Once in a generation QB's generate more buzz and have a overall general concensus of their ability. The assessment of this years class is all over the place. I'd pass.

Biggest issue was technical regression. He's never been a high and tight delivery QB at the best of times but his windup got so pronounced last year.

Not on Bortles, just an evaluation failure on the Jags part. Thankfully, I never bought into the hype (deletes all Zach Mettenberger-related tweets).

I will be calling all you so called non believers out about Mahomes for years to come. You better hope the Bills grab him because when Mahomes starts taking his new team to the playoffs and Super Bowl and Probowls I will be rubbing your nose in it and everyone else's.

So go study how many Defensive Backs the Bills might draft.

%100 agree

I believe Mahomes is going to be featured on NFL Network's Path to the Draft tonight. If you want him, I think you have to take him at #10. Arizona may take him at #13. I'd be shocked if he made it to the second round. If he does, Cleveland either takes him or reaps a slew of picks. No way he makes it to #44.

if you want him you better trade to #1 because the 9ers are taking him at 2 brah