Drew Magary at Deadspin - epic hate rant about the Pats

:lol:

To me the best part of the night was a drunken disheveled Bob Kraft on the podium talking up how much the win meant because of Deflate-gate.........after long downplaying the idea it would be in interviews.

He is SO sensitive to the fact that people don't respect his dynasty because of the perception that the foundation was built on cheating in the early 2000's.

It was.......Kraft was pissed at BB when he found out BB was cheating..........he should just silently own it and move on.

But he can't.......and the more he talks it up the more people BELIEVE it.

Brady actually did a good job taking the high road, IMO........but drunken Krafty could not. :lol:

It's also funny to me that Pats fans.......and fans of ANY team with a good QB......get on Goodell.

His decision to basically ban the hitting of QB's and "defenseless WR's" mid-season in 2010 essentially added YEARS to those guys careers.......in Aaron Rodgers case it might have DOUBLED his career........... and it added the same amount of years to the sentences of fans of losing franchises like the Bills who DID NOT have such a QB. :doh:

These prix should LOVE Goodell. :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

:lol:

To me the best part of the night was a drunken disheveled Bob Kraft on the podium talking up how much the win meant because of Deflate-gate.........after long downplaying the idea it would be in interviews.

He is SO sensitive to the fact that people don't respect his dynasty because of the perception that the foundation was built on cheating in the early 2000's.

It was.......Kraft was pissed at BB when he found out BB was cheating..........he should just silently own it and move on.

But he can't.......and the more he talks it up the more people BELIEVE it.

Brady actually did a good job taking the high road, IMO........but drunken Krafty could not. :lol:

It's also funny to me that Pats fans.......and fans of ANY team with a good QB......get on Goodell.

His decision to basically ban the hitting of QB's and "defenseless WR's" mid-season in 2010 essentially added YEARS to those guys careers.......in Aaron Rodgers case it might have DOUBLED his career........... and it added the same amount of years to the sentences of fans of losing franchises like the Bills who DID NOT have such a QB. :doh:

These prix should LOVE Goodell. :lol:

So true!

So true!

To make no mention of the fact that he destroyed the spygate tapes for them :lol::doh: .........tapes whose mere presence cast the legitimacy of a half decades worth of NFL season outcomes into doubt and could have done Black Sox-esque damage to the league if they proved even remotely damning.

It's abundantly obvious that the deflate-gate was just a second phase punishment for not keeping their noses 100% clean following spygate.........which the league HAD TO DOWNPLAY.......so they couldn't do anything drastic like banning Belichick or taking away tons of draft picks and cap space........because that would have been a virtual admission by the NFL that SB outcomes were altered by cheating.

IMO personal opinion.......I think BB was clever to do it......it's a business and I'll take a SB win any way I can get it and hope to build on an illegitimate business the way the mafia would. :lol:

But shady business is shady business and Goodell was complicit in them getting away with less than a slap on wrist........ so it's hilarious that these a*holes keep dogging him. :lol:

To make no mention of the fact that he destroyed the spygate tapes for them :lol::doh: .........tapes whose mere presence cast the legitimacy of a half decades worth of NFL season outcomes into doubt and could have done Black Sox-esque damage to the league if they proved even remotely damning.

It's abundantly obvious that the deflate-gate was just a second phase punishment for not keeping their noses 100% clean following spygate.........which the league HAD TO DOWNPLAY.......so they couldn't do anything drastic like banning Belichick or taking away tons of draft picks and cap space........because that would have been a virtual admission by the NFL that SB outcomes were altered by cheating.

IMO personal opinion.......I think BB was clever to do it......it's a business and I'll take a SB win any way I can get it and hope to build on an illegitimate business the way the mafia would. :lol:

But shady business is shady business and Goodell was complicit in them getting away with less than a slap on wrist........ so it's hilarious that these a*holes keep dogging him. :lol:

I don't disagree with anything you say but I think Goodell should have gone after Belichick more so than Brady. I think Goodell was upset that Brady destroyed his phone before handing it over to him and used that as his rationale for going after Brady alone. I'm sure he was also getting a ton of pressure from the other owners - specifically the Ravens and Steelers owners.

It WAS the best Superbowl ever.

They do have the best team ever.

They are obnoxious.

Just like we were in the Kelley era.

I thought Seahawks/Pats and Steelers/Cardinals were better and more entirely engaging games BY A LOT.

Perhaps others.

This was a sloppy, "modern" NFL game with drama manufactured by the 2 point conversion rule.

Otherwise......dropped passes, turnovers, missed turnovers......not great looking football.

It basically felt more like an NBA game than a heavyweight fight.

As in.....not a great back and forth battle........just teams making their runs and all you really needed to do was just tune into the last few minutes and see all you need to see.

The game basically came down to the Falcons failed drive and the ensuing Pats TD drive........you could have just tuned in then and saw everything of consequence.

I thought Seahawks/Pats and Steelers/Cardinals were better and more entirely engaging games BY A LOT.

Perhaps others.

This was a sloppy, "modern" NFL game with drama manufactured by the 2 point conversion rule.

Otherwise......dropped passes, turnovers, missed turnovers......not great looking football.

It basically felt more like an NBA game than a heavyweight fight.

As in.....not a great back and forth battle........just teams making their runs and all you really needed to do was just tune into the last few minutes and see all you need to see.

The game basically came down to the Falcons failed drive and the ensuing Pats TD drive........you could have just tuned in then and saw everything of consequence.

I thought the Pats-Giants games, especially the first one, were great. But really, we shouldn't complain about this one. It was a damn good game even if it was unbalanced and not a true see-saw affair. More importantly, the Pats in the Belichick era have been in 7 SBs and every damn one has been a terrific game (even the Eagles game was good). Before their run, the vast majority of SBs were blowouts. It's amazing to me that as good as the Pats have been and after all of their blowout playoff and regular season wins, they've never managed a SB blowout. I'm not complaining; I'd rather see a close game.

Edited by dave mcbride

I thought the Pats-Giants games, especially the first one, were great. But really, we shouldn't complain about this one. It was a damn good game even if it was unbalanced and not a true see-saw affair. More importantly, the Pats in the Belichick era have been in 7 SBs and every damn one has been a terrific game (even the Eagles game was good). Before their run, the vast majority of SBs were blowouts. It's amazing to me that as good as the Pats have been and after all of their blowout playoff and regular season wins, they've never managed a SB blowout. I'm not complaining; I'd rather see a close game.

Agree on the Giants Superbowl where they ended a perfect Pats season - that was friggin stellar.

There have been a number of close Superbowls too. Of course #25 - can't get much closer than that. There was the Tennessee vs. Rams Superbowl where the Titan's came up short on the very last play. That was epic. And the games BADOL mentioned.

I agree and IMO the lack of a convincing victory in the buch is in part a testament to Belichick only wanting to win "his way".

I think he could have won quite a few more over the past 13 years but he's never been about loading up and compromising his team-first shtick and it is usually good enough to at least get him in the final 4 every year.

That lack of desire to stack talent over role players leads to some situations where he doesn't match up that great talent-wise in these games and I think the two week layoff levels the playing field "somewhat" for opposing coaches.

If there were a week between championship and SB games I think his game planning edge would have yielded some blowouts.

Honestly, on paper I think that Steelers team is better than Atlanta.......and Le'Veon Bell or not......the Steelers were going to get trounced coming in with only a couple days to gameplan.

The Patriots are one of the few teams that I absolutely despise. I think I get more pleasure watching them lose then the Bills win. I second every word in this article.

You and a lot of other people bud. :thumbsup:

And nothing beats when the Bills beat them as rare as that happens lately.