Tyrod hasnt heard from the Bills at all

BeastMode54

I would think that the coaching staff came in with an opinion (especially Dennison). This can't be something that they are still debating.

Can't be debating? Sheesh, we're still debating it and we've seen him every Sunday for 2 years. In fact, I bet we'll still be debating it in 5 years.

In all seriousness, this is the most important question on the team right now. All coaches will have to sit down and dissect every throw he has made. They then need to decide on what offense they're going to implement and whether TT is a fit. Then they'll need to decide what other pieces can be added, via FA or draft, to have him succeed.

This really is a non-story. The team owns the option, not Tyrod. This decision is going to be in the team's best interest. Sure, TT's agent can't go and shop him around before other teams move on. Tough luck. The team has the option.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard from my employer this weekend, wonder if I should go to work tomorrow?

Who cares. Time will tell, no need to beat this dead horse anymore. Team doesn't owe him a call or an explanation, he signed the deal, he knows what the options are. When actual news happens, then we its worth of a conversation.

Tyrod is a "look at me" type who I would kick straight to the curb and look forward to competing against if another team is dumb enough to let him play. At the preseason game in D.C. you could spot him from a mile away because he was the only guy wearing a red hat, desperately trying to stand out, not being a team player. Get rid of this punk, who by the way CAN'T throw a pass. I am a VT Hokie but not a fan of Tyrod at all. I would take Vick over this loser, if the goal is to win.

I'm no Tyrod as a QB fan, but I don't think he is this at all.

I think he is a good guy and a good teammate. Wish he was a better QB, but he's not.

Edited by old school

I haven't heard from my employer this weekend, wonder if I should go to work tomorrow?

Who cares. Time will tell, no need to beat this dead horse anymore. Team doesn't owe him a call or an explanation, he signed the deal, he knows what the options are. When actual news happens, then we its worth of a conversation.

is your contract up in March too?

bit different story line. Sure it is no big whoop to us, i guess. But it means everything to him

He's under contract until told otherwise. Of course, since they have the chance, they are going to see what options they have.

This is a non-story, imo.

is your contract up in March too?
bit different story line. Sure it is no big whoop to us, i guess. But it means everything to him

My job depends on contracts, I stay employed until otherwise told, and I don't necessarily receive a lot of info on if a contract is being renewed or not, until it actually happens.

He's under contract until told otherwise. Of course, since they have the chance, they are going to see what options they have.

This is a non-story, imo.

My job depends on contracts, I stay employed until otherwise told, and I don't necessarily receive a lot of info on if a contract is being renewed or not, until it actually happens.

actually that is my experience in my previous life too. But to say it is not a big deal, i think is not true. For TT at least.

and T really has nothing to make him think he is staying IMO. where as I knew what the situation was before the contract was up.

My guess is that Tyrod is "plan B", and they are waiting to see what happens with Romo.

I do not understand this Romo thinking.

pipe dream in my mind. why O why would he come here unless he was going to get paid

Edited by 3rdand12

actually that is my experience in my previous life too. But to say it is not a big deal, i think is not true. For TT at least.

and T really has nothing to make him think he is staying IMO. where as I knew what the situation was before the contract was up.

Of course it's a big deal for the worker (me, tyrod, whomever) in this sort of situation, I'm just saying it's not abnormal to be 'out of the loop'.

I was just listening to ESPN NY and Anita Marks said she spoke with Tyrod Taylor at the NFLPA party last night. She said she really liked him and that he wanted to come back to Buffalo. Also, that he had been speaking with the coaching staff. But as far as the front office, his representation hasn't received a phone call regarding his future since the end of the season. He referred to the communication as "crickets". She also said the Bills genuinely do have an interest in Romo, and the Cardinals have a high level of interest in Tyrod. Don't know if this means anything, but thought it was odd there hasn't even been a phone call. In addition, regarding the Jets, Chris Canty said he has inside knowledge that the Jets have serious interest in a QB he couldn't name that is on another team right now and it's not Mike Glennon. (They speculated it was Kaepernick).

I'm assuming you were listening live, but if not could you provide a link?

But I'm guessing you aren't one of the most important contracted employees with a contract option worth tens of millions of dollars.

Until Brady retires I think k we just try to find a QB

That seems fair. I'm also good with kneecapping Brady if we do find one and need to get by them in the playoffs. Something like Kimo VonOlhoffen did to Carson Palmer in that Steelers-Bengals playoff game years ago.

I'm no Tyrod as a QB fan, but I don't think he is this at all.

I think he is a good guy and a good teammate. Wish he was a better QB, but he's not.

Agree with you oldy. IDK wth that guy is smoking but it must be good.

agreed. the politics annoy me though.

crickets just freak a guy out. maybe a call should have been made, saying we are waiting on the Coaches and there is a timeline for these things.

Gotta be tough at that level.

Im starting to imagine they are looking for a better option and keeping Tyrod on hold, or its a negotiation tactic.

Not a fan of it.

Edited by Marty McFly

Agree with you oldy. IDK wth that guy is smoking but it must be good.

Im starting to imagine they are looking for a better option and keeping Tyrod on hold, or its a negotiation tactic.

Not a fan of it.

I am sure they are looking for better option.

Just ask Whaley.

There IS something to be said for continuity. The O line will all be coming back ( excepting Mills I hope)

They likely have finally gotten used to Taylor's antic's post snap LOL

I can see how he hasn't heard back from the FO yet. They are currently looking at all their options and clearly haven't committed to Tyrod. What are they going to say to him right now? But he is still on contract and as long as he is showing up, working out, talking with coaches, etc. there is nothing to see here. I imagine the coaching staff likes Tyrod, but not against potential upgrades via draft or trade. If the FO really does want Romo, they probably won't even talk to TT's agent about restructures or whatever until they know it's not happening.

The Bills actually don't have to tell TT anything at this point. They are going to do all their evaluations, their ability to trade for Romo etc. TT is under contract and a bonus kicks in on the 1st week of the league. TT should not expect any call from the FO and should just enjoy the begining of his off season.