5 draft picks that put us back in the playoffs.

#34fan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McDermott is not good and Howard is going first round

Yah... The kid allows the second fewest sacks in Bruin football history, and you write him off because of ONE bowl game? -Did you even watch the senior bowl? -How did you think the other O-linemen looked? -Awesome, right?

The position requires coaching and development of technique... Footwork.. Hand placement... Many other aspects that can be taught..

I bet you're one of the sheep who loves Forrest Lamp.... -Truthfully Lamp looks pretty good.. I'm sure if McDermott got to play against comp like FAU, Charlotte, Old Dominion, and Rice, he would have looked MUCH better. :lol:

Yah... The kid allows the second fewest sacks in Bruin football history, and you write him off because of ONE bowl game? -Did you even watch the senior bowl? -How did you think the other O-linemen looked? -Awesome, right?

The position requires coaching and development of technique... Footwork.. Hand placement... Many other aspects that can be taught..

I bet you're one of the sheep who loves Forrest Lamp.... -Truthfully Lamp looks pretty good.. I'm sure if McDermott got to play against comp like FAU, Charlotte, Old Dominion, and Rice, he would have looked MUCH better. :lol:

I watched McDermott through out the year while watching Rosen, was not impressed, guy got run around and over a lot. He could improve and develop but would rather take a better player over a hope-so player

I just don't see Sammy as a reliable vertical threat anymore.... The injuries have just killed us... Time to double down, Doug...

It's impossible to get OJ and Davis unless we trade back into the 1st to get one of them. Both are 1st rd picks. You have us drafting Howard in rd 3. Which will never ever ever ever ever happen. Pick another TE in rd 3. Just not Howard because he won't be there

It's impossible to get OJ and Davis unless we trade back into the 1st to get one of them. Both are 1st rd picks. You have us drafting Howard in rd 3. Which will never ever ever ever ever happen. Pick another TE in rd 3. Just not Howard because he won't be there

Swapping Howard for Hodges would make the draft more doable imo.

I like posts like this. Trying to learn more about the college players now. I cant see past round 1, and no draft ever goes the way anyone guesses it will, but I see FS Hooker from Ohio State being the highest on the Bills board at 10 and in a huge position of need. Dont see how they pass him if he's still there.

I like posts like this. Trying to learn more about the college players now. I cant see past round 1, and no draft ever goes the way anyone guesses it will, but I see FS Hooker from Ohio State being the highest on the Bills board at 10 and in a huge position of need. Dont see how they pass him if he's still there.

Yeah it's a toss up between hooker and Adams imo. Hooker is better vs the pass and Adams is much better vs the run. I think I prefer Adams do to his dominance vs the run while also being good vs the pass. I view Hooker as dominant vs the pass but only so so vs the run. But I'd be extremely happy with Hooker. Stud for sure.

The numeration wasn't by round... Just 5 kids I'd like to see on the team... I'm well aware that OJ should be long gone by round 2.... Either Davis, or Howard would be fine with me in round 1.... S Nate Gerry in a later round, and Darreus Rogers for sure, at some point...

...Eventually... These young guys go out and OWN whatever they touch...Good or bad.. Put them on the same squad, and punch our ticket to a playoff game REAL SOON...Check out the names, and do your own research.

1. Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan University, 6'3" 215lbs

Touchdowns, people... LOTS and LOTS of freakin' touchdowns... This kid is a leader and an OWNER on the field.. 300 catches, 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns in his college career. (FBS record)

Long arms, soft hands... Fights for balls in the air... electric acceleration.... Loves the slot, AND deep ball... CONS: Needs to learn a more advanced route tree, and played against lesser competition in the MAC. Nevertheless, FIRE DOUG WHALEY if this kid is still there at #11 -Too much good stuff!

2. Conor McDermot, OL, UCLA, 6'8 310lbs

Once in a blue moon an OL strikes me as being worthy of a "moderately" high pick (3rd 4th round) This year Conor McDermott is that guy... I've heard a lot of people say Conor lacks quickness, and footspeed... I disagree.... This is a kid who was formerly a TE, and a High school hoops state champion. -He can move when he needs to... He stoned Myles Garret several times in UCLA's OT loss to TA&M...(Got owned a little bit too)... Still, this kid never backed down... Not only does he have the size, but he also has that that "nasty" o-lineman edginess I think could work well with a guy like Incognito...LT or OG... Needs to develop technique, but there's a monster in there.

3. OJ Howard, TE, ALA 6'6" 251lbs

Two words: MISMATCH NIGHTMARE. - You probably won't be floored by this kid's stats... But to be fair, -he did go to Tuscaloosa... They have so many weapons and ways to destroy opposing teams, they don’t require stellar TE play.. Over a 9-game stretch in 2015, he racked up just 209 receiving yards for the Tide, yet in the 2016 National Championship Game, he grabbed five balls for 208 yards, two TD’s making him game MVP! -Nice weapon to have! Howard also excels in the area of run-blocking contrary to the beliefs of some... Grab this big-framed reliable pass-catcher, and HELP YOUR QB INSTANTLY!

4. Nate Gerry, S, NEB 6’2” 220lbs

Ok, so this kid had a few issues…. Suspensions… Ejections…. I suppose most of you had the world figured out when you were 21, but many didn’t… Gerry had his struggles, but a more intelligent, intuitive safety doesn’t exist in this draft... You get the best of both worlds with his ball-hawking , and hard-hitting style… Starting out his career as a LB gave Gerry that “quarterback of the defense” leadership mentality... On the field he leads by example… Sometimes he falls short, as all great leaders do… I hope we take a chance on Gerry, as I feel he is one of the most underrated players in College football.

5. Darreus Rogers, WR, USC 6’1” 215lbs

FEROCIOUS pass catcher… Let me say this… I typically don’t care for WR shorter than 6’2”. However, the sheer STRENGTH of this kid’s mitts adds two inches to his height… Those 50/50 balls from your young QB??? -Now 70/30 in Rogers favor… The 4.5 speed doesn’t hurt either… To all the Ju-ju Smith-Shuster fans out there, -Bah! -Rogers could easily fit into a Robert Woods-type role (Should it become necessary) and is the difference-maker you want on your squad… USC Graduate… Hearty run-blocker, Student of the position, and MITTS ALL DAY … Day 3 draft STEAL..

You're very enthusiastic. I'm not looking for playoffs next season. I want to see the new coach implement a plan for the team to get better, We are starting over again, and it will take time.

#34 i really liked your OP effort. one of your finer moments.

Dude, you are REALLY getting better at these back-handed compliments... But, hey, you're alright in my book.... :mellow: Quit staring at my wing platter, tho..

Yeah it's a toss up between hooker and Adams imo. Hooker is better vs the pass and Adams is much better vs the run. I think I prefer Adams do to his dominance vs the run while also being good vs the pass. I view Hooker as dominant vs the pass but only so so vs the run. But I'd be extremely happy with Hooker. Stud for sure.

I like intuitive safeties as well as guys that can hit, and cover ground fast... Gerry has had issues, but he does it all.

Dude, you are REALLY getting better at these back-handed compliments... But, hey, you're alright in my book.... :mellow:Quit staring at my wing platter, tho..

I can't stop looking.

One of the best avatars ever.

And I always meant to be complimentary. I really liked the original post !

Edited by 3rdand12

1 defensive player will not get us into the playoffs. We have huge holes on Defense and offense. The playoffs are not going to be in our future anytime soon without a plan at the QB position.

While I didn't hate the OP list, I have to agree with this statement. I do very much feel strongly that Davis or Williams should be the pick at 10 as WR is a massive need on this team and those 2 players blue chip prospects IMO. But after that, Safety and DB must be addressed. Safety is deep, so that is another reason I feel strongly about going WR at 10. However, if Gilmore doesnt come back which is looking more and more like he is not, then DB rockets to the top of our needs Chart.

Obviously, there is FA to help address some of these needs too, but our Secondary is in shambles if we don't have Gilmore either. We don't have a starting quality player at either Safety position right now IMO, and if with no Gilmore the jury is out on whether we have a starting quality DB on this roster after the disappointing sophomore season of Darby. I sincerely HOPE for a rebound and that it was the system that derailed the kid, but the concern is that he was mostly in the same system, so not sure thats the problem or not.

I do really want the WR at 10, but without Gilmore I don't know we can afford to do so and may need to go DB there.

While I didn't hate the OP list, I have to agree with this statement. I do very much feel strongly that Davis or Williams should be the pick at 10 as WR is a massive need on this team and those 2 players blue chip prospects IMO. But after that, Safety and DB must be addressed. Safety is deep, so that is another reason I feel strongly about going WR at 10. However, if Gilmore doesnt come back which is looking more and more like he is not, then DB rockets to the top of our needs Chart.

Obviously, there is FA to help address some of these needs too, but our Secondary is in shambles if we don't have Gilmore either. We don't have a starting quality player at either Safety position right now IMO, and if with no Gilmore the jury is out on whether we have a starting quality DB on this roster after the disappointing sophomore season of Darby. I sincerely HOPE for a rebound and that it was the system that derailed the kid, but the concern is that he was mostly in the same system, so not sure thats the problem or not.

I do really want the WR at 10, but without Gilmore I don't know we can afford to do so and may need to go DB there.

this is a concern worth noting. Bills have some issues with player headed to FA that need to be responded to. Not just next up players.

Gilmore aint coming back, because he will get paid and knows it. Bills better get that secondary, and heck LBs too, fully staffed.

I want another WR across from Watkins. I also feel that way even if Robert Woodman is retained. at 10? how about 15 after a trade down

What Einstein buys a car without an engine? :mellow:

That was my point. Why would you get Davis or Howard (racing tires and a spoiler) if you don't have an engine (a QB who will get them the ball).

I like Tyrod, but he isn't much of a pocket passer. He would not be able to spread the ball to Sammy, Davis, Howard, Clay, Shady, etc.

Having great receivers doesn't automatically help the QB get better. Getting Terrell Owens didn't help Trent Edwards. The Lions drafting Charles Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams (all top 10) didn't help Joey Harrington. Tyrod, like EJ and Trentative, is too reluctant to let the ball fly.

this is a concern worth noting. Bills have some issues with player headed to FA that need to be responded to. Not just next up players.

Gilmore aint coming back, because he will get paid and knows it. Bills better get that secondary, and heck LBs too, fully staffed.

I want another WR across from Watkins. I also feel that way even if Robert Woodman is retained. at 10? how about 15 after a trade down

Yeah, I feel like our 2 starting safeties next year are currently NOT on this roster. If Gilmore leaves, then at least 1 of our starting corners is also not on this roster. I think the FO is going to have to address at least one of those 3 open spots then in FA, and my guess is the CB position. There are some good replacements available in FA if Gilmore does officially leave, so I am guessing they try to fill that spot there. Plus, after the disappointing season of Darby this year, I don't know they are going to want to enter the season with a rookie and Darby as our 2 starting corners considering our schedule next year. Safety is deep in this draft too.

My hope is we get the CB in FA so we can again have WR in the equation at #10 as I really do think those 2 guys at the top could be really good in the NFL.

Yeah, I feel like our 2 starting safeties next year are currently NOT on this roster. If Gilmore leaves, then at least 1 of our starting corners is also not on this roster. I think the FO is going to have to address at least one of those 3 open spots then in FA, and my guess is the CB position. There are some good replacements available in FA if Gilmore does officially leave, so I am guessing they try to fill that spot there. Plus, after the disappointing season of Darby this year, I don't know they are going to want to enter the season with a rookie and Darby as our 2 starting corners considering our schedule next year. Safety is deep in this draft too.

My hope is we get the CB in FA so we can again have WR in the equation at #10 as I really do think those 2 guys at the top could be really good in the NFL.

I also think the primary CB will have to come from FA. we need someone who can come in already rolling. And that can be done this year it appears.

That leaves us Safety to deal with. another position that needs some time to develop. But ya gotta look to the draft this year for one or two.

Don't forget about our up and coming K. Seymore. I have some hope for him honestly

I also think the primary CB will have to come from FA. we need someone who can come in already rolling. And that can be done this year it appears.

That leaves us Safety to deal with. another position that needs some time to develop. But ya gotta look to the draft this year for one or two.

Don't forget about our up and coming K. Seymore. I have some hope for him honestly

Totally agree