Bill Re-sign S Colt Anderson

SWATeam

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree but there is a balance. The Bills were dressing 7 guys a week in 2014 to do nothing but play ST. That's too many. I think 5 is the number (2 kickers, Easley, long snapper, returner). The others need to be able to play offense or defense.

Agreed. Not totally sure on the number per week. But, it can't be most of an entire unit.

Personally I hope we re-sign Brandon Tate. He can fill a depth WR role which we very much need, and is imo an excellent returner.

Agreed

Felt the same way. He actually faded down the stretch. Would fair catch balls with no one around him and run others with 3 guys swarming him. With or without him, the Bills wont gain or lose anything significant.

You must have forgot what it was like trying to field a punt before Tate.

Felt the same way. He actually faded down the stretch. Would fair catch balls with no one around him and run others with 3 guys swarming him. With or without him, the Bills wont gain or lose anything significant.

Completely disagree, Tate was the best returner this team has had in years. McKelvin had his moments but you also had to worry about him fumbling. Every. Single. Time. Edited by JM57

Completely disagree, Tate was the best returner this team has had in years. McKelvin had his moments but you also had to worry about him fumbling. Every. Single. Time.

Same here, Tate ranked 5th in punts and 6th in kick returns. Recall him making a few big catches versus Cincinnati. He has versatility.

This. Good for WR reverses too. He flashed enough to prove he develop into a better WR too

Not a hard rule but I think there's something to be said for your gunners to be corners and safeties and returners to be backs and receivers --- you know, guys that excel at open field tackling to be depth on defense and guys that make plays in space with the ball to be depth on offense.

I'm fine with exceptions to that but it seems the logical way to maximize the synergy between the units, right? That crossman year felt like we had a few guys that made the offenses depth chart based on skill sets that didn't translate to offensive production

Not a hard rule but I think there's something to be said for your gunners to be corners and safeties and returners to be backs and receivers --- you know, guys that excel at open field tackling to be depth on defense and guys that make plays in space with the ball to be depth on offense.

I'm fine with exceptions to that but it seems the logical way to maximize the synergy between the units, right? That crossman year felt like we had a few guys that made the offenses depth chart based on skill sets that didn't translate to offensive production

Agree. Remember we had Marcus Easley who broke his leg? He made a TD catch back in 2015 before he got hurt. He is one of our top 3 STs players. I still think our best STs guy that can be a good WR is Tate hands down, we need to re-sign him. I dont wanna see Reggie Bush or the ghost of McKelvin fielding/fumbling punts or kicks

Agree. Remember we had Marcus Easley who broke his leg? He made a TD catch back in 2015 before he got hurt. He is one of our top 3 STs players. I still think our best STs guy that can be a good WR is Tate hands down, we need to re-sign him. I dont wanna see Reggie Bush or the ghost of McKelvin fielding/fumbling punts or kicks

Why did you have to even bring up McKelvin?

His unit really lost its top three players. Colt, Easily, and Lorax who was diminished due to his role on D.

Lorax and Anderson just joined the team this past year and Alexander played in just 2 games. Can't lose what you didn't really have and Lorax played great on ST's despite also playing on D.

You must have forgot what it was like trying to field a punt before Tate.

This. Re-sign Tate.

Edited by Doc