weather

mead107

Well, it's just beginning to snow here in the Baltimore area and yet ALL the schools in the area were closed today. In fact, they've been closed for the past 3 school days! Unbelievable. There may have been 3 or 4 inches of snow that fell here, but they closed schools. Wimps. They wouldn't survive a minute of a lake effect winter like the ones I grew up in back in Erie.

Last week we had a storm that dropped 4 inches on us over 12 hours. With 2 inches on the ground, the news spent the first 5 MINUTES talking about the snow.

We live in the NORTH EAST people!

Last night, they opened with today's snow. The weather lady talked for 2 minutes about the snow and how the storm system was shaping up...BUT...would NOT tell how much was expected, in order to learn that, you had to wait til the END of the program....If it was that important, wouldn't you think they'd tell us at the start?

This storm is being SO over-hyped by the media for ratings it's disgusting.

In So. Fla. the weather-readers couldnt find their @ss with both hands. Storms predicted this week-end so I invest in a bag of turf-s (Has to be thoroughly watered in) spread it over front and back yards in reckless anticiaption. needless to say, no rain.

Guest BackInDaDay
Oh those poor new jersey beaches just torn up by so much errosion.

255496[/snapback]

I was at Pt. Pleasant beach yesterday ( behind Jenkison's aquarium) for a Polar Bear type fund-raiser. Beautiful weather, but there did seem to be lot less beach. :blink:

Well, it's just beginning to snow here in the Baltimore area and yet ALL the schools in the area were closed today.  In fact, they've been closed for the past 3 school days!  Unbelievable.  There may have been 3 or 4 inches of snow that fell here, but they closed schools.  Wimps.  They wouldn't survive a minute of a lake effect winter like the ones I grew up in back in Erie.

255540[/snapback]

Were they closed last week for February recess or snow.

Last week we had a storm that dropped 4 inches on us over 12 hours. With 2 inches on the ground, the news spent the first 5 MINUTES talking about the snow.

We live in the NORTH EAST people!

Last night, they opened with today's snow. The weather lady talked for 2 minutes about the snow and how the storm system was shaping up...BUT...would NOT tell how much was expected, in order to learn that, you had to wait til the END of the program....If it was that important, wouldn't you think they'd tell us at the start?

This storm is being SO over-hyped by the media for ratings it's disgusting.

255567[/snapback]

That's called TSW ... and no its not The Stadium Wall. It's "Time Spent Watching". Ratings ploy. Get you hooked to watch the entire newscast.

Were they closed last week for February recess or snow.

255578[/snapback]

The 'winter storm' (a whopping 3-5 inches or so) closed the schools last Thursday and Friday, as well as today. No wonder my wife is always complaining about the people her store hires not being able to give out correct change to the customers. I guess they had a snow day on "correct change" day in math class.

Sorry Gang, its 65 and sunny in San Diego. The rains have finally left. These morons out here have no idea how to drive in bad weather; thats one thing I did learn in my years in Buffalo.

Go Bills!