Aaron Rodgers 0-35

section122

OP, you make a good point - it's a point about garbage stats, not necessarily about Rodgers and/or Tyrod. But people should keep stuff like this in mind whenever they see ridiculous stats like "4th quarter comebacks when trailing against teams with winning records" cited about anyone. It all has to do with the unrepresentative samples anyone can create by slicing and dicing the variables in whatever way gives you an "oh, wow" result.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, you make a good point - it's a point about garbage stats, not necessarily about Rodgers and/or Tyrod. But people should keep stuff like this in mind whenever they see ridiculous stats like "4th quarter comebacks when trailing against teams with winning records" cited about anyone. It all has to do with the unrepresentative samples anyone can create by slicing and dicing the variables in whatever way gives you an "oh, wow" result.

Yeah the point really is that many Bills fans are simply ignorant when it comes to evaluating quarterback play.

Here's another bit of perspective:

Jim Kelly played 11 seasons for the Bills.

In the last 11 seasons Tom Brady has won only 1 Super Bowl.

Yes, quarterback is by far the most important position in the league but it's not "all limiting" to not have one of the very best.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad or limiting to the Bills success as many here want to make him appear.

Yeah the point really is that many Bills fans are simply ignorant when it comes to evaluating quarterback play.

Here's another bit of perspective:

Jim Kelly played 11 seasons for the Bills.

In the last 11 seasons Tom Brady has won only 1 Super Bowl.

Yes, quarterback is by far the most important position in the league but it's not "all limiting" to not have one of the very best.

Taylor is nowhere near as bad or limiting to the Bills success as many here want to make him appear.

No, he's not as limiting for sure.

That said, do you trust him to win a game with his arm when necessary?

I personally don't.

I personally don't.

How about his legs?

I too would prefer his arm developed, but the kid really makes some crazy plays with his legs. Stuff that no one else can do in the league.

I prefer to lead by 20 going into the fourth quarter and have a defense that doesn't give up 28 straight points.

I want a team with a much better passing attack. Whether that is TT, a new OC, and a healthy set or WR, or Jay Culter I don't really care.

This team would have been playing in the divisional round of the playoffs last week coming off a playoff win if the defense was just average.

They replaced a defensive minded HC with another defensive minded HC. How often does that happen? The only truth that Whaley spoke at his PC was Rex's defense wasn't good enough. Whaley screwed up with EJ but he was right about Rex. Let's hope he he is right about this QB decision.

I think Whaley likes TT just a smidge more than Maj does and that means it is more than likely there is another QB under center next year.

I personally don't.

No and I don't consider him THE long term solution.

But as evidenced by his strong finish to the season......I don't think we've necessarily seen the finished product that he can become either.

As an aside......I do like the fact that.....in a division dominated by the most fundamentally sound team in the NFL.........he gives us an unconventional attack that can extend plays and can break down a well drawn-up defense.

That's really where the "give me Jay Cutler type" argument goes flying off the rails. That's fighting a blow torch with a bic.

I prefer to lead by 20 going into the fourth quarter and have a defense that doesn't give up 28 straight points.

I want a team with a much better passing attack. Whether that is TT, a new OC, and a healthy set or WR, or Jay Culter I don't really care.

This team would have been playing in the divisional round of the playoffs last week coming off a playoff win if the defense was just average.

They replaced a defensive minded HC with another defensive minded HC. How often does that happen? The only truth that Whaley spoke at his PC was Rex's defense wasn't good enough. Whaley screwed up with EJ but he was right about Rex. Let's hope he he is right about this QB decision.

I think Whaley likes TT just a smidge more than Maj does and that means it is more than likely there is another QB under center next year.

What was bobobooey saying about arguing with stupid, look up the Bills defense and you'll find they were average. OMFG!

No and I don't consider him THE long term solution.

But as evidenced by his strong finish to the season......I don't think we've necessarily seen the finished product that he can become either.

As an aside......I do like the fact that.....in a division dominated by the most fundamentally sound team in the NFL.........he gives us an unconventional attack that can extend plays and can break down a well drawn-up defense.

That's really where the "give me Jay Cutler type" argument goes flying off the rails. That's fighting a blow torch with a bic.

Yeah, I'd agree with pretty much all of that

When trailing in the 4th,quarter by more than 1 point against teams with a winning record.

You know why I posted this stat Tyrod haters.

So what.

Just watching them play, it's obvious that one guy has complete mastery of his offense, and that the other guy struggles with aspects of his and hasn't shown significant improvement.