The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I look forward to the frequent posts here, when the market goes back up........................which it will.

We are counting on you being right.  I'm very concerned that this ***** virus will trigger a global recession, maybe not as severe as the last one but that it'll be 7 years before we see the S&P 500 back above 3300.  Of course a Trump victory in November could save our 401K's! 

Edited by keepthefaith

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I look forward to the frequent posts here, when the market goes back up........................which it will.

Of course it will go back up. Obama's economy shall triumph over the evil of the racist, bigot, misogynist, actual literal super mecha-Nazi Orange Man.

• Like (+1) 1

Fear over the spread of the coronavirus tightened its grip on global markets Friday, with stocks across Europe and Asia plunging a day after the worst rout on Wall Street since 2011. Equity futures pointed to yet more pain at the New York open, and investors diving into safe assets sent Treasury yields to new depths.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-27/stock-slump-to-extend-in-asia-on-virus-fears-markets-wrap?srnd=premium

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Fear over the spread of the coronavirus tightened its grip on global markets Friday, with stocks across Europe and Asia plunging a day after the worst rout on Wall Street since 2011. Equity futures pointed to yet more pain at the New York open, and investors diving into safe assets sent Treasury yields to new depths.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-27/stock-slump-to-extend-in-asia-on-virus-fears-markets-wrap?srnd=premium

paranoid.gif.a5f8be95db5934c3081ace2beb2bbb77.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump and this virus together will cause a significant shift away from Chinese manufacturing.  The first things to be moved should be pharmaceutical manufacturing. We will come out of this a better nation once this virus is behind us. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Trump and this virus together will cause a quantum shift away from Chinese manufacturing.  The first things to be moved should be pharmaceutical manufacturing. We will come out of this a better nation once this virus is behind us. 

Exactly. As it pertains to the economy and our long term security as a nation the coronavirus may be a blessing in disguise. Trump was right on the money early in his first term about regaining the ability to produce steel here in the USA for national security reasons. There are other items like you mentioned with pharmaceuticals. There probably should be a review regarding critical products and if we're producing them ourselves. If we're not producing them then we need to consider incentives for the private sector to start producing them in the U.S. Not only will it make us more secure but it'll boost our economy and reduce our trade deficit. 

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Trump and this virus together will cause a significant shift away from Chinese manufacturing.  The first things to be moved should be pharmaceutical manufacturing. We will come out of this a better nation once this virus is behind us. 

Well, so, you willing to accept more immigrants into the country to fill those jobs in manufacturing? That would be a lot of jobs and we are already short workers 

Factory workers are open to unionization, too! 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, so, you willing to accept more immigrants into the country to fill those jobs in manufacturing? That would be a lot of jobs and we are already short workers 

***** you.  We still only have a roughly 65% labor participation rate in this country.  Furthermore, put a plant or 2 on the south side of Chicago (and in other similar job starved areas) where people need opportunities and not just for line workers but for supervisors, plant engineers, equipment maintenance people, quality control people and others.  Manufacturing facilities are fantastic job creation and upward mobility tools. 

Chicago as a sanctuary city employs more than 100K illegal immigrants meaning the dem pols that run the place blatantly allow non-citizens to take jobs that residents badly need.  The citizenry unfortunately continues to elect the same type of leaders.  ***** all of them too. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Nobody here has come out against legal immigration and I for one welcome it. They should have something to offer and be vetted thoroughly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, TPS said:

Looks like virus fears will force the Fed to act on the downside again.  The 10-year treasury is once again lower than the 3-month, creating an inversion of the yield curve.  Despite recent comments by Fed officials that they are content with their current target rate, they won't have a choice.  Their next meeting is mid-March.

The 10-year was just under 1.4% when I posted this, and it's 1.07 this morning. It will break 1% soon enough. The Fed will cut big time, but it can't stop the recession we're now entering into. 

I hope this administration is up to the task....

3 minutes ago, TPS said:

The 10-year was just under 1.4% when I posted this, and it's 1.07 this morning. It will break 1% soon enough. The Fed will cut big time, but it can't stop the recession we're now entering into. 

I hope this administration is up to the task....

The coronavirus is like manna from heaven for those on the Left. A worldwide calamity is exactly what they needed to have a chance of upsetting Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TPS said:

Unfortunately I think you'll be correct on this. 

33 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The coronavirus is like manna from heaven for those on the Left. A worldwide calamity is exactly what they needed to have a chance of upsetting Trump.

This no longer about politics, and both sides need to stop. I disagree with your last statement, as a calamity can bolster a leader who leads, instead of politics. As I said, I hope he is up to it...

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

This no longer about politics, and both sides need to stop. I disagree with your last statement, as a calamity can bolster a leader who leads, instead of politics. As I said, I hope he is up to it...

ahh yes, 'tis true but do you honestly think the press or the left can stop?