QB driven league indeed

DCbillsfan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another math major I see. Remediation is at 4 pm in the cafeteria.

I suppose the real question is, of those 4 years with 0, what was the pre-draft perception of the QB classes. Were they regarded highly and flopped? Where there a lot of question marks that got pushed up boards due to need?

Same goes for years with 2+ solid QBs. What was the perception of those classes? Did the prospects come out of nowhere and exceed all expectations, or were there simply several prospects that were highly regarded?

You taking the total number and applying an average assumes all QB classes are viewed the same every year, and that simply is not the case.

EDIT: Based on what I've seen of the prospects, and the opinions shared of others who grade prospects, I believe there will probably be a good QB that comes out of this class, and maybe 1 or 2 more serviceable guys. But none of them are ready to go day 1, and that's why most don't have 1st round grades. You simply aren't going to get an Andrew Luck who turns your 2-14 squad into an 11-5 squad in year 1.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

i showed you that 4 drafts did not have a franchise qb. you tried to change the stats i showed you and say they averaged a qb year. because you don't want to draft a qb in a year where there are no franchise qb's. the bills drafted ej the year no franchise qb's came out but we can't look back and say...oh well the average is 1 qb per draft so we're ok.

Actually, thank you for pointing out how little you know about math. You don't even know what data you are processing and what data to use to get the conclusion.

You keep saying we average at least 1 franchise QB per year...thats a FREQUENCY equation. When determining the FREQUENCY an event happens over a specific time period, the data is a SINGLE occurring event. In other words, if there are 1 QB or 5 QB's that emerge from a single year as a franchise QB's, its a SINGLE event, you don't get to count that year FIVE times in referencing the frequency a draft year produces a "franchise" QB.

The mathematical calculation is take the number of times the event occurred and divide it buy number of times it could have occurred.

You are incorrectly taking the total number of players and misapplying it as FREQUENCY. If you have 10 players in year 1, and zero in the other 9 years...the FREQUENCY of finding at least 1 is not one per year, its 1 every 10 years.

But please, keep telling us about your math skills again even though you can't comprehend a 3rd grade math equation here...lmao

Edited by Alphadawg7

Let me first state I think Rothlisberger is a great quarterback and a HOF shoe in.

have you seen the list of quarterbacks he's been matched up against in the playoffs?

its unbelievable

AJ McCaron, Mark Sanchez, Phillip Rivers, TIm Tebow, Jon Kitna, Jake Plummer, David Gerrard, Flacco twice, Chad Pennington, Matt Moore Alex Smith

then there is

Brady once

Manning twice

wonder where the wins came from

11-3 in playoffs

2-1 in superbowls- 1st one was 9-23-2-123 0-td but his team won

does show you dont need to be HOF or near it to MAKE the playoffs

Edited by CardinalScotts

Actually, thank you for pointing out how little you know about math. You don't even know what data you are processing and what data to use to get the conclusion.

You keep saying we average at least 1 franchise QB per year...thats a FREQUENCY equation. When determining the FREQUENCY an event happens over a specific time period, the data is a SINGLE occurring event. In other words, if there are 1 QB or 5 QB's that emerge from a single year as a franchise QB's, its a SINGLE event, you don't get to count that year FIVE times in referencing the frequency a draft year produces a "franchise" QB.

The mathematical calculation is take the number of times the event occurred and divide it buy number of times it could have occurred.

You are incorrectly taking the total number of players and misapplying it as FREQUENCY. If you have 10 players in year 1, and zero in the other 9 years...the FREQUENCY of finding at least 1 is not one per year, its 1 every 10 years.

But please, keep telling us about your math skills again even though you can't comprehend a 3rd grade math equation here...lmao

That was WAY to much math for a Simple equation. The truth is an average is NOT what you just stated. An average is simply this if there are 12 Franchise QBs out of 12 drafts that equals 1 per draft wether it came all in 1 draft class or if it was literally every single class. IMO it should be the number of QB's who are Franchise QB divided by the total number QBs drafted to get your true percentage of getting one. Edited by PatsFanNH

Yikes, this is embarassing.

A data set of 2, 0, 2, 0, 2 ='s 6/5 which is a 1.25 average.

Sorry Charlie.

That was WAY to much math for a Simple equation. The truth is an average is NOT what you just stated. An average is simply this if there are 12 Franchise QBs out of 12 drafts that equals 1 per draft wether it came all in 1 draft class or if it was literally every single class. IMO it should be the number of QB's who are Franchise QB divided by the total number QBs drafted to get your true percentage of getting one.

Alpha is very quick to insults when he's incorrect. It makes him so endearing.

Ok I did the math. Since from 2005 - 2015 there have been 127 QBs drafted, of those QBs 15 are absolute Franchise QBs making it about a 12% chance to draft a Franchise QB. There were 3 drafts with 0 Franchise Level QBs. So using this small sample size imthere is a 70% chance there is at least 1 Franchise QB in this draft.

The draft is a crap shoot and there are not really going to be any upper echelon guys on the market, minus an old and brittle Tony Romo.

That's true but that's why they need to keep drafting QB's until they get it right.

That was WAY to much math for a Simple equation. The truth is an average is NOT what you just stated. An average is simply this if there are 12 Franchise QBs out of 12 drafts that equals 1 per draft wether it came all in 1 draft class or if it was literally every single class. IMO it should be the number of QB's who are Franchise QB divided by the total number QBs drafted to get your true percentage of getting one.

Nope, sorry by you are wrong because you don't seem to understand the equation being discussed...he is stating the FREQUENCY of when a franchise QB emerges from a draft, not how MANY emerge over a period of time...there is a BIG difference.

The question is simple: How many drafts over a 10 year period will produce a franchise QB. You see FireChan stuck his foot in his mouth and said every draft produces one...then when he was showed that wasn't true by someone else, he then skewed the data to say that we "average" one per draft which is not the same question nor answer. The discussion is centered around how often a draft will produce a player of that caliber. And this is directly pertaining to the difficulty it is to draft a QB that will be of the "franchise" caliber.

The frequency of a Draft producing at least 1 franchise QB is a simple calculation of # of events divided by total events. A second, third, etc QB emerging from the SAME draft does not trigger an additional occurrence to be counted in regards to answering the question: How often does a draft produce at least 1 franchise QB.

And in the data he provided (the last 10 years)...SIX drafts produced what would be considered a "franchise" QB and FOUR produced zero. The answer to the question that was asked is 60% of the time over that 10 year period, the DRAFT produced at least 1 franchise QB and 40% of the time the draft produces zero QB's that are considered franchise guys.

So no offense Pats, but you are incorrect...probably because it wasnt clear what exactly was being determined.

Yikes, this is embarassing.

A data set of 2, 0, 2, 0, 2 ='s 6/5 which is a 1.25 average.

Sorry Charlie.

Alpha is very quick to insults when he's incorrect. It makes him so endearing.

Ha, if that aint the ironic. You earn every single criticism you get from everyone when you troll around here with skewed info and false facts on the reg

Edited by Alphadawg7

No, you are categorically wrong because you don't seem to understand the equation being discussed...he is stating the FREQUENCY of when a franchise QB emerges from a draft, not how MANY emerge over a period of time...there is a BIG difference.

The question is simple: How many drafts over a 10 year period will produce a franchise QB. You see FireChan stuck his foot in his mouth and said every draft produces one...then when he was showed that wasn't true by someone else, he then skewed the data to say that we "average" one per draft which is not the same question nor answer. The discussion is centered around how often a draft will produce a player of that caliber. And this is directly pertaining to the difficulty it is to draft a QB that will be of the "franchise" caliber.

The frequency of a Draft producing at least 1 franchise QB is a simple calculation of # of events divided by total events. A second, third, etc QB emerging from the SAME draft does not trigger an additional occurrence to be counted in regards to answering the question: How often does a draft produce at least 1 franchise QB.

And in the data he provided (the last 10 years)...SIX drafts produced what would be considered a "franchise" QB. The answer to the question that was asked is 60% of the time over that 10 year period, the DRAFT produced at least 1 franchise QB and 40% of the time the draft produces zero QB's that are considered franchise guys.

I mean its mind blowing how hard this is for people to understand, its literally an entry level math problem for grade schoolers.

Even by YOUR math it's a 70% chance a franchise QB could be drafted this year. The odds of drafting said QB is 11%. I actually DID the math!

Even by YOUR math it's a 70% chance a franchise QB could be drafted this year. The odds of drafting said QB is 11%. I actually DID the math!

How is 6 out of 10 equal to 70%...I don't follow. And FYI...I edited my post because I was in this FireChan mindset when replying to you...when I realized my irritation towards him was coming through I went back and edited to take it down a notch lol

Edited by Alphadawg7

I think what you both are saying is that there's a 60% chance that a draft produces a franchise QB at all, and there is an 11% chance that the QB you selected is that franchise QB (though I think my definition of a franchise QB is more strict than yours).

Nope, sorry by you are wrong because you don't seem to understand the equation being discussed...he is stating the FREQUENCY of when a franchise QB emerges from a draft, not how MANY emerge over a period of time...there is a BIG difference.

And in the data he provided (the last 10 years)...SIX drafts produced what would be considered a "franchise" QB and FOUR produced zero. The answer to the question that was asked is 60% of the time over that 10 year period, the DRAFT produced at least 1 franchise QB and 40% of the time the draft produces zero QB's that are considered franchise guys.

So no offense Pats, but you are incorrect...probably because it wasnt clear what exactly was being determined.

Ha, if that aint the ironic. You earn every single criticism you get from everyone when you troll around here with skewed info and false facts on the reg

None of what I posted is skewed or false.

I think what you both are saying is that there's a 60% chance that a draft produces a franchise QB at all, and there is an 11% chance that the QB you selected is that franchise QB (though I think my definition of a franchise QB is more strict than yours).

Im with you on the franchise designation, its being too loosely applied and the number of franchise guys coming out of the draft the last 10 years in my book is 9. But that is a subjective opinion and some may say less or more.

My scale is:

Elite > Great > Franchise > Starter > Scrub

Couple Examples each on how I see each:

Elite: Brady/Rodgers

Great: Big Ben/Flacco

Franchise: Eli/Dalton

Starter: Bradford/Tannehill

Scrub: Osweiler/Bortles

Edited by Alphadawg7

How is 6 out of 10 equal to 70%...I don't follow. And FYI...I edited my post because I was in this FireChan mindset when replying to you...when I realized my irritation towards him was coming through I went back and edited to take it down a notch lol

lol no problem, I know how that works. I was going from my research, where 7 of the last 10 draft classes had a Franchise QB. Mind you that is very subjective based on your definition of a franchise QB.