This forum

So Moscow gets dirt on Trump--that the Kremlin denies :thumbsup: --and Trump starts to question our most important alliances that Moscow hates. You following that?

http://time.com/4569578/donald-trump-nato-alliance-europe-afghanistan/

On Sunday evening, after the leaders of Europe had spent the better part of a week trying to guess the scale of Donald Trump’s contempt for the NATO alliance, Jens Stoltenberg, its secretary general, offered the U.S. President-elect a reminder of what that alliance has cost.

He didn’t give the sum in terms of money – as Trump has so often tried to do – but in the lives of European soldiers, more than a 1,000 of whom have died fighting alongside U.S. forces in Afghanistan. As Stoltenberg wrote in the Observer on Remembrance Sunday: “Today of all days, we remember them.”

It was an oddly emotional statement from a man better known for bureaucratic platitudes, and it showed just how anxious the Europeans have become about the U.S. commitment to their defense. They have good reason to be. Throughout his campaign for the presidency, Trump has suggested that the world’s most powerful military alliance should be run like an insurance scheme or a protection racket. In a typical remark on the issue this summer, he said allies that don’t “reasonably reimburse” the U.S. for the costs of defense should expect to be told, “Congratulations, you will be defending yourself.”

Peegate

Although I seldom post, I check in regularly, and I have to admit that it's become a staple of my late night, early morning routine. I've exhaled coffee through my nose, onto my keyboard more than once already this year .... so there's that. :thumbsup:

Although I seldom post, I check in regularly, and I have to admit that it's become a staple of my late night, early morning routine. I've exhaled coffee through my nose, onto my keyboard more than once already this year .... so there's that. :thumbsup:

In other words, "bump"?