Broncos Sign Vance Joseph to a 4 Year Deal as their New HC

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joseph leaves Miami... I hope this means the Fins nose dive in 2017.

Not that I wish ill on anyone. But I do on our brethren in the AFCE.

The Dolphins may be able to upgrade with Joseph going to Denver.

Are you seriously excited about either one of these guys?

If so, I want whatever you are having (to quote deli scene in When Harry Met Sally)

No I'm not but there are not any coaches available to get real excited about

@AlbertBreer

Expectation has been that if the Broncos hired Vance Joseph, coordinators would be Mike McCoy and Joe Woods. We'll see if they land McCoy.

I wonder what McDermott told Pegulas and Whaley about McCoy and how certain they were tied to the hip (reportedly). If so, I wonder whether the Bills are upset.

Certainly not any of the guys that we have reportedly interviewed.

I hope we get lucky somehow.

No I'm not but there are not any coaches available to get real excited about

Are there really exciting head coach hires? Do the exciting hires work?

Edited by Peter

I dont consider any of these guys bad coaches. Overpaying for coaches? They have to, its Buffalo. You have to give them a reason to come here when they have options.

On the one hand, both Rex and Roman failed to rebuild the Bills. They might not be "bad" coaches but they failed here.

On the other hand, I get your bigger point. The Pegulas will pay to get the coaches they want. And if that means paying above market price to lure guys to Buffalo, so be it. I don't blame them for the Rex and Roman hires. Rex had the reputation (in some quarters) of being a defensive guru and Roman was viewed as an offensive guru. There were some vaild reasons to think that duo would work out.

But it didn't. So now they'll pay what they have to be to bring in their replacements. God bless 'em.

Not implied by saying very Billsy? Sorry if I misinterpreted

Just mean the whole situation. Everyone excited about landing the number on OC available, getting ahead of themselves, and then being let down. I guess the Bills are somewhat to blame given the Broncos are a much more attractive and respected organization.

@JohnMiddlekauff

Vance Joseph wanted to hire Todd Downing as OC, that changed yesterday. Now Mike McCoy will be his OC in Denver per multiple sources

This is a bay area guy more concerned with explaining the move to drop the Raiders OC to keep Downing than the veracity of his report on McCoy

Are you seriously excited about either one of these guys?

If so, I want whatever you are having (to quote deli scene in When Harry Met Sally)

Yeah, not surprised you choose old romantic comedies to quote, somehow that fits