Colin Jones, FS, 29

Teddy Williams, CB, 28

Michael Griffin, FS, 32

Kyle Love, DT, 30

Leonard Johnson, CB, 26

Ben Jacobs, ILB, 28

A.J. Klein, ILB, 25

......having Rex flashbacks. :(

Curious why you think Preston can drop back like a safety and cover the deep zones? To me he seems stiff-hipped, uninstinctive, slow...

because he is better all around when sideline to sideline and hits a lot harder.

Ideally we need a new mlb

It's putting the strongest pieces where they fit best. Preston won't fit at SLB or WLB easily. Mike means he is still good enough to be on the field. But marginally so

Edited by Boyst62

because he is better all around when sideline to sideline and hits a lot harder.

Ideally we need a new mlb

It's putting the strongest pieces where they fit best. Preston won't fit at SLB or WLB easily. Mike means he is still good enough to be on the field. But marginally so

I am curious why you put the panther defense at these ratings when everyone else is saying the panther's D has been to 10 in eight of the last 10 years

Im not disputing it because I know nothing about this coach......just trying to understand

If there is a player on that list that can help this team win we should look into them.

I obviously agree, just amused by how Rex had "his guys" and they got signed for that reason, as a player, or as yet another coach. They were often more familiar than helpful.

I am curious why you put the panther defense at these ratings when everyone else is saying the panther's D has been to 10 in eight of the last 10 years

Im not disputing it because I know nothing about this coach......just trying to understand

Boyst's ranking are points per game. They were top ten 4 times in 6 seasons in Carolina in yards per game. On points they have been more up and down.

The difference between the good years and the bad so far as I see it has been pass rush. In their better points per game years they have managed to muster a better pass rush. I agree wit Boyst he hasn't had high quality rushers in Carolina. Hughes is probably an upgrade on anything he has had.

If there is a player on that list that can help this team win we should look into them.

aj Klein makes a difference day 1 at strong side. He would do wonders with us.

Klein at Sam, zach brown at will, Ragland/foster/Preston brown or 43 at mike because 43 is always the mike...

You could stand up Lawson or Hughes. You could put Ragland/foster, pbrown and brown and Klein at a 43 switch because masking a 34 stunt behind a 43 look is something smcd would do.

I am somewhat excited for this defense and need to reach out to someone I know to see what the plan is for the draft.

I obviously agree, just amused by how Rex had "his guys" and they got signed for that reason, as a player, or as yet another coach. They were often more familiar than helpful.

All new HCs do things like that. Especially if the players are getting injured and he needs replacements that already know the system.

Edited by Beef Jerky

ypg in the terrible NFC s were it is all passing offense doesn't show the picture. Take out the divisional games and you'd get a different look at who that d is in Carolina.

Ppg differential didn't seem eight to me as a comparison. Its an eye ball test next year and we will jot fair well

5 differences to expect in Sean McDermott's defense

mcdermott-defensive-feature-story.jpg

It’s pretty obvious that Buffalo’s defense will be undergoing significant change under new head coach Sean McDermott. Bills former safety and radio color analyst Mark Kelso helps to outline the five biggest differences to expect with McDermott’s 4-3 scheme.

I could be totally wrong on below, I just played whole lot of Madden a long time ago. I did play soccer, basketball and lax, and I definitely get defensive principles (bringing help from the weakside, funneling the play, jumping passing lanes, etc), but really appreciate these types of threads b/c I have no real clue how they apply to football.

How does that look when the offense is strong right 3 wr & te slot right, and the d is lined up 4-3 with strong lb shading of the te's outside shoulder? I think I get what front 7 is doing playing contain on the ends, shooting/stunting the center with the dts and forcing the play to the middle and strong side lbs, who have to cover well, but almost in a smart play specific way for a short period of time. A bit shacky on what this looks like in the secondary though. Are they playing man on the strong side, with strong side saftey rolling back into deep middle zone, weak side saftey playing 10-15 yard zone choosing their zone on the snap, weak side cb dropping deep man with the weak side lb stepping into the slant passing lane and carrying the passing lane up the field and transfering to the weakside cb, then taking the zone the wk side safety didnt take?