Deshaun Watson is the answer

CDogg20

He's clutch, I'll give him that. Idk if he's the one though. Tyrod is a far more polished QB believe it or not. And with an improved defense, I'll take the cautious, never turns it over guy over the interception happy guy any day. Tyrod is only really a bad option when you're in a shootout, and with better defense he's the better option. And at this rate, no way Watson falls to ten. In any case, he'd have a hard time transitioning from the WR rich Clemson environment to Buffalo where somehow Goodwin still has a roster spot.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fits our O perfectly. Athletic, strong, smart and has the heart it takes. Not afraid to take shots and is our best option if we dump Tyrod. Tore up a legendary bama d tonight.

Also on a side note lets get Ben Boulware. Love the way he plays the game. Super instinctive.

Tear me apart go ahead but I think Watson is our best bet to succeed in the near future.

I agree !! We need to have Lynn as HC , bring in the Raiders OC Musgrave he is leaving because his contract is up & he's not going to resign with them . Then have Whaley break the bank on getting Watson & the Bills can be the next big thing !!

Whaley needs to show his brass & make it happen !!

I'm sorry I simply do not agree with your assessment of Watson's ability. Winston threw 28 INTs in 2 years playing for FSU. He has thrown picks in the pros too.... it is because he tries to make plays and doesn't wait for a receiver to be open before he throws - just like Watson. Would you have passed on him too?

You have question marks over Watson's ability to be a passer at the next level.... the question marks I have are relatively minor.

You say he can't be a franchise guy if he isn't a consensus #1 pick.... tell Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Derek Carr, Drew Brees that.

Your argument essentially amounts to "I like Tyrod I think he is better than you do and I think we should build around him unless there is an Andrew Luck type prospect there for us to draft."

That's fine. You stick with Tyrod. I'll take Watson we can come back to this in 3 years and see who looks smart.

This is inherently incorrect. Watson does not throw with great anticipation unless its short and to the numbers. Winston did it over the entire field. Im an FSU fan and have watched a lot of Clemson games, Watson will need at minimum 2 years, his footwork is marginal and is a one read guy. EJ coming out of FSU was literally told by Jimbo to take away half the field to mitigate a mistake. If it's not there you run with it. Watson is in that same vein.

Walter is horrendous. Come up with your own evaluation.

Sure. You don't draft a player well above their talent level because you fell in love with their performance in a bowl game. Watson's knocks remain - he is undersized, he is playing in a simple read offense, and he has struggled with accuracy all year. Prior to the championship game, Practically every mock had Trubisky and Kizer going in the top 5 and Watson nowhere near the first round. Now I'm looking at new mocks coming out with Watson as the first QB taken and the other two are falling well within reach of the Bills. Raise the red flags. If Kizer is there at ten, they need to pull the trigger. If Watson is there, and he should be, far too much risk would be involved, imo.

Edited by Harryhood280

Sure. You don't draft a player well above their talent level because you fell in love with their performance in a bowl game. Watson's knocks remain - he is undersized, he is playing in a simple read offense, and he has struggled with accuracy all year. Prior to the championship game, Practically every mock had Trubisky and Kizer going in the top 5 and Watson nowhere near the first round. Now I'm looking at new mocks coming out with Watson as the first QB taken and the other two falling falling well within reach of the Bills. Raise the red flags. If Kizer is there at ten, they need to pull the trigger. If Watson is there, and he should be, far too much risk would be involved, imo.

Top 10 in completion % in all of CFB the last two years....

Sure. You don't draft a player well above their talent level because you fell in love with their performance in a bowl game. Watson's knocks remain - he is undersized, he is playing in a simple read offense, and he has struggled with accuracy all year. Prior to the championship game, Practically every mock had Trubisky and Kizer going in the top 5 and Watson nowhere near the first round. Now I'm looking at new mocks coming out with Watson as the first QB taken and the other two are falling well within reach of the Bills. Raise the red flags. If Kizer is there at ten, they need to pull the trigger. If Watson is there, and he should be, far too much risk would be involved, imo.

Who fell in love with Watson due to his bowl game?

Who fell in love with Watson due to his bowl game?

Did you read my post? I hadn't seen a single mock draft prior to Monday that had Watson going in the first round - now he's top five in many of them. I saw very little talk of him here or in the media as a viable option for the bills prior to Monday, now everyone seems to think they will have to trade up to get him. It's nonsense. Sure, a QB starved team may give him a chance, but Kizer and Trubisky remain much safer for teams picking early in the first round.

Did you read my post? I hadn't seen a single mock draft prior to Monday that had Watson going in the first round - now he's top five in many of them. I saw very little talk of him here or in the media as a viable option for the bills prior to Monday, now everyone seems to think they will have to trade up to get him. It's nonsense. Sure, a QB starved team may give him a chance, but Kizer and Trubisky remain much safer for teams picking early in the first round.

I don't care about your mocks. They are mostly hacks anyway, just like Walter.

I've wanted Watson for two years.

I don't care about your mocks. They are mostly hacks anyway, just like Walter.

I've wanted Watson for two years.

And what makes you more qualified than the "hacks" like Walter and others who work full time analyzing and scouting college players regarding the draft, as well as using sources to gauge team's interests in certain players and positions?

And what makes you more qualified than the "hacks" like Walter and others who work full time analyzing and scouting college players regarding the draft, as well as using sources to gauge team's interests in certain players and positions?

A higher success rate. I also don't have a reputation for being a hack.

you have a reputation at all?

I would say being an unknown is worse than hack, at least a hack has enough people take interest in their opinion to give them a semblance of credibility

you have a reputation at all?

I would say being an unknown is worse than hack, at least a hack has enough people take interest in their opinion to give them a semblance of credibility

You'd rather be Mussolini or Jerry Sulivan or Skip Bayless? Says a lot about you.

Edited by FireChan

Ok, I'll take your word on that I guess. The fact remains that nearly everyone (except you), both fans and those paid to analyze the draft, would have seen taking Watson at ten to be a terrible reach prior to Monday. Now, everyone is in love, after one game, when the larger body of work this year shows far less promise.

Ok, I'll take your word on that I guess. The fact remains that nearly everyone (except you), both fans and those paid to analyze the draft, would have seen taking Watson at ten to be a terrible reach prior to Monday. Now, everyone is in love, after one game, when the larger body of work this year shows far less promise.

Lots of fans in this topic have loved Watson for months. Try again.