The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

We covered Omar in depth in the Q thread on SecureDrop guess who else this DoD/CIA liberal billionaire supports besides the intercept and the freedom of the press foundtion? 

Kristol and a bunch of never Trumpers. Who would have guessed?

https://amgreatness.com/2018/11/14/nevertrumps-billionaire-leftist-benefactors/

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"The collection was said to occur as part of the CIA’s “routine counterintelligence monitoring of government computer systems.”"

Wait...what?  Since when does the CIA, and not the FBI, have domestic CI authority?  

That's some serious ***** right there.  I'm normally conservative about declassifying information...but that's so egregious it's in "Make everything public and let the chips fall where they may" territory.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"The collection was said to occur as part of the CIA’s “routine counterintelligence monitoring of government computer systems.”"

Wait...what?  Since when does the CIA, and not the FBI, have domestic CI authority?  

That's some serious ***** right there.  I'm normally conservative about declassifying information...but that's so egregious it's in "Make everything public and let the chips fall where they may" territory.

Correct. 

The FISC memo (that half the country likes to ignore) from last April made clear the surveillance abuses inside the FBI by private contractors. I can only imagine the abuse inside Langley and Fort Meade by private intelligence contractors... 

The "deep state" isn't just partisan bureaucrats trying to score points for their political tribe (though there are plenty of those). It's also comprised of heavily compromised intelligence agencies and assets working for their own interests at the expense of the country and national security.