What to Do With My Bledsoe Shirt?

Ennjay

Out of all the Bills hats, shirts, sweatshirts, socks, thermal socks, etc. I've gotten over the years, the nicest single article is my authentic home jersey with Bledsoe / #11 on it from three years ago. A buddy owed me a big payoff for a series of favors and put up the bucks for it. Personally, I'm too cheap to ever buy something this good.

I'd like to keep wearing it, maybe with a new name and number (I'm between Spikes and Willis, but I'm also thinking of 12 or 34; or maybe just my own name), but I have no idea how to get the old name and number off without making the jersey look like crap. Any serious ideas? (Save the "burn it/bury it/send it to a Dallas charity" posts.) Does anyone know a service or a company that could restitch it reasonably? Has anyone ever heard of bb.com or the Bills store "fixing" old shirts?

(And actually I'd rather they went back to the old uni's anyway, or at least the old shade of blue.)

Thanks in advance to the serious posters.

I know what I'd do, if I was stupid enough to have purchased or worn one.

You know when your driving in your car and kinda in a hurry and you have to stop at the drive thru, like at burger king, kfc, McDonalds, wendys for some sort of nourishment? Then your flying down the road zipping in and out of traffic eating an eggwich or a burger and all the sh-- in the sandwich is just oozing out all over your shirt and pants and the seats in your car? Well, what I use right now is this old bath towel as sort of "drop cloth" so I don't get that sh-- all over my clothes when I'm eating and driving... you could use the bledsoe jersey for that... If you can't decide what to do with it, just mail it to me. I guarantee and pldege to put that badboy to good use.

You know when your driving in your car and kinda in a hurry and you have to stop at the drive thru, like at burger king, kfc, McDonalds, wendys for some sort of nourishment?  Then your flying down the road zipping in and out of traffic eating an eggwich or a burger and all the sh-- in the sandwich is just oozing out all over your shirt and pants and the seats in your car?  Well, what I use right now is this old bath towel as sort of "drop cloth" so I don't get that sh-- all over my clothes when I'm eating and driving...  you could use the bledsoe jersey for that... If you can't decide what to do with it, just mail it to me.  I guarantee and pldege to put that badboy to good use.

254806[/snapback]

I was stupid enough to have purchased and worn my Bledsoe jersey, but since I don't need to wear a bib when I eat, I wear it as a shirt anyway from time to time when I'm grabbing something to wear to go play cards with the guys or whatever.

No one ever gives me crap about it, but if they do I really don't care. And I save it in particular because a time will come when the Bills win the Super Bowl and when it does come and people see me in my Bledsoe gear, they'll know I sat through the crappy stuff to get to the good stuff.

I was stupid enough to have purchased and worn my Bledsoe jersey, but since I don't need to wear a bib when I eat, I wear it as a shirt anyway from time to time when I'm grabbing something to wear to go play cards with the guys or whatever.

No one ever gives me crap about it, but if they do I really don't care. And I save it in particular because a time will come when the Bills win the Super Bowl and when it does come and people see me in my Bledsoe gear, they'll know I sat through the crappy stuff to get to the good stuff.

254813[/snapback]

If you think A Bledsoe jersey shows you sat through the crappy stuff, you must be a new bills fan or a young one.

If you think A Bledsoe jersey shows you sat through the crappy stuff, you must be a new bills fan or a young one.

254846[/snapback]

Niether. I sat through crappier. I just couldn't afford to buy jerseys until the late 80s, or I would have owned a Marangi jersey when we signed him in '74. :o The few jerseys I have are gifts from wifey. Kelly, Flutie (that was for her actually because she can't resist a guy in a mullet), Moulds, and Drew.

254813[/snapback]

THREE CHEERS!

I still have a pair of Bills Zubaz pants (in my closet).

Around here though most people would think they're Jints - or worse - Patsie pants.

THREE CHEERS!

I still have a pair of Bills Zubaz pants (in my closet).

Around here though most people would think they're Jints - or worse - Patsie pants.

254877[/snapback]

I'm always surprised (impressed? embarassed?) by the number of Zubaz pants that I see when I attend Bills games.

:o

I'm always surprised (impressed? embarassed?) by the number of Zubaz pants that I see when I attend Bills games.

I still have a pair stashed away in the closet. I can never bring myself to throw out my old Bills stuff...I have a tshirt from the super bowl in Pasadena with Thurman, Beebe, Andre and Talley on it. Talley has what looks like a hybrid of a mullet and a jerry curl. :o

You know when your driving in your car and kinda in a hurry and you have to stop at the drive thru, like at burger king, kfc, McDonalds, wendys for some sort of nourishment?  Then your flying down the road zipping in and out of traffic eating an eggwich or a burger and all the sh-- in the sandwich is just oozing out all over your shirt and pants and the seats in your car?  Well, what I use right now is this old bath towel as sort of "drop cloth" so I don't get that sh-- all over my clothes when I'm eating and driving...  you could use the bledsoe jersey for that... If you can't decide what to do with it, just mail it to me.  I guarantee and pldege to put that badboy to good use.

254806[/snapback]

For someone like myself who is always eating while driving, this is a great idea! I laughed hard at the part of your post I highlighted in bold. :o

Out of all the Bills hats, shirts, sweatshirts, socks, thermal socks, etc. I've gotten over the years, the nicest single article is my authentic home jersey with Bledsoe / #11 on it from three years ago.  A buddy owed me a big payoff for a series of favors and put up the bucks for it.  Personally, I'm too cheap to ever buy something this good.

I'd like to keep wearing it, maybe with a new name and number (I'm between Spikes and Willis, but I'm also thinking of 12 or 34; or maybe just my own name), but I have no idea how to get the old name and number off without making the jersey look like crap.  Any serious ideas?  (Save the "burn it/bury it/send it to a Dallas charity" posts.)  Does anyone know a service or a company that could restitch it reasonably?  Has anyone ever heard of bb.com or the Bills store "fixing" old shirts?

(And actually I'd rather they went back to the old uni's anyway, or at least the old shade of blue.)

254777[/snapback]

Here is what you can do:

#1. Go find a motorcycle gang with burly men.

#2. With your Bledsoe jersey on, shout insults ala Peter Griffen "Excuse me is your fridge running? Because if it is, I bet it runs just like you, very homosexually" or "Excuse me aren't you Richard Simmons"

#3. Get your a$$ beat to pieces for the total bledsoe experience.

#4. After its over, hold a press conference and say "We played well, we just didn't get the bounces we needed"

Out of all the Bills hats, shirts, sweatshirts, socks, thermal socks, etc. I've gotten over the years, the nicest single article is my authentic home jersey with Bledsoe / #11 on it from three years ago.  A buddy owed me a big payoff for a series of favors and put up the bucks for it.  Personally, I'm too cheap to ever buy something this good.

I'd like to keep wearing it, maybe with a new name and number (I'm between Spikes and Willis, but I'm also thinking of 12 or 34; or maybe just my own name), but I have no idea how to get the old name and number off without making the jersey look like crap.  Any serious ideas?  (Save the "burn it/bury it/send it to a Dallas charity" posts.)  Does anyone know a service or a company that could restitch it reasonably?  Has anyone ever heard of bb.com or the Bills store "fixing" old shirts?

254777[/snapback]

Prove you're a REAL fan. Keep the # on there, replace the name plate with "Norwood".

I'm guessing you would be one of VERY few to have that jersey.

254777[/snapback]

Keep it....Prove that you are not a bandwagon fan. If there were no bad seasons or players then we would never appreciate the good ones.