Pegula's do not know how to run a football team

Yes, even diehard supporters of the Pegulas, and the way things are being run, need to be shocked by what transpired at today's press conference.

The lack of accountability, honesty, factual presentation of what has occurred, and the completely dysfunctional nature of how decisions are being made was shocking. And, keep in mind, the Bills were clearly trying to present things in the best light. (Can you imagine what is actually happening behind the scenes?)

The Bills, and it is crystal clear now, need new leadership, someone brought in with knowledge and experience, to take over the football operations. And not next year, this year, now. If not, it seems impossible for the Bills to get on track. No way can a championship team ever come from the mess that revealed itself at today's press conference.

Very discouraging.

Edited by Mister Defense

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all just can't believe people like you don't want to give the new owners a chance. By the way I don't see where you put a bid in on the team. State your dumb statement the drop the crap. To many keyboard nuts. Most don't even have season tickets. No f...en skin in the game.. I don't see any of these people going back to school getting a degree to help this team Way to many nuts. Get a job with the team. Make a difference.

Your the one with 18k posts to one website, get a life!

Yes, even diehard supporters of the Pegulas, and the way things are being run, need to be shocked by what transpired at today's press conference.

The lack of accountability, honesty, factual presentation of what has occurred, and the completely dysfunctional nature of how decisions are being made was shocking. And, keep in mind, the Bills were clearly trying to present things in the best light. (Can you imagine what is actually happening behind the scenes?)

The Bills, and it is crystal clear now, need new leadership, someone brought in with knowledge and experience, to take over the football operations. And not next year, this year, now. If not, it seems impossible for the Bills to get on track. No way can a championship team ever come from the mess that revealed itself at today's press conference.

Very discouraging.

They need to be better with PR. That's it. I don't see why you have to think things are dysfunctional behind the scenes. I don't believe they are. That doesn't mean the Pegulas need to make serious changes with how they deal with the media.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

Very discouraging.

Thanks for making some sense. From allot of people on this site, they think this is normal behavior. If you don't own the team you have no right to critize what is happening. A few of the people were telling me to go back to school so I could get a job with the Bills. Why so I can get fired! Common sense is gone these days, either that or people are hurting so bad they just lash out.

Your the one with 18k posts to one website, get a life!

lot of years on this site. I love Bills Football . I take it you don't. You would have been happy to see them move? 2 yeas they own the team. 15 years of watching them go no place I can give them a few more to get it right.

Please stop at Hammers and enjoy a beer with us next year. I really don't mean that any of this is about you. Just venting.

Seriously do stop for a beer.

They need to be better with PR. That's it. I don't see why you have to think things are dysfunctional behind the scenes. I don't believe they are. That doesn't mean the Pegulas need to make serious changes with how they deal with the media.

Yeah Wayne, the Bills need to SPIN better the 17 years of the NE Patriots keeping the Bills from becoming a better team and bullying them every year. Where is the Bills participation award for showing up to every game the past 17 years. Shame on the NFL for not helping the Bills become a better team and giving them a lottery top 5 pick so they can have a franchise QB. Shame, Shame, Shame!

?

The GM of the team says he had no input in the firing of the head coach--and that the fired head coach called the shot on who should be the interim head coach? Etcetera, etcetera...

This isn't just about not understanding PR, but indicates a very dysfunctional business. You can't have things like this happening in a local corner diner and think it would be successful let alone in a billion dollar organization.

?

The GM of the team says he had no input in the firing of the head coach--and that the fired head coach called the shot on who should be the interim head coach? Etcetera, etcetera...

This isn't just about not understanding PR, but indicates a very dysfunctional business. You can't have things like this happening in a local corner diner and think it would be successful let alone in a billion dollar organization.

The GM had an entire season of sitting next to the decision maker at every game and giving specific input three hours a week. As much or more input than any other GM. To just take the specific words he said, that he wasn't in that meeting is absurd to think that Pegula didn't know every single substantial thought Whaley had about Ryan.

Not at all just can't believe people like you don't want to give the new owners a chance. By the way I don't see where you put a bid in on the team. State your dumb statement the drop the crap. To many keyboard nuts. Most don't even have season tickets. No f...en skin in the game.. I don't see any of these people going back to school getting a degree to help this team Way to many nuts. Get a job with the team. Make a difference.

Your 62 years old, I am 51. The last time Bills were in the playoffs was before 9/11, before I moved to Iowa and left Rochester NY, Clinton was in office. That is a long time ago. Pegulas want a reset, I can give them a few years but they are on their 3rd coach already. The way I see them finishing this year is by firing a HC with a week left, benching the starting QB and giving the least experienced coordinator the interim HC position. Arguably they played one of the most embarrassing games they have played since Pegulas have own the team. They are no where for the end of year press conference after all this happens and their GM has no idea what happened leading up to todays press conference. That doesn't come across as if they have a idea where to take this team, crazy me. I still want to be breathing when they get to the playoffs and not in depends, crazy me!

Eight head coaches since Marv Levy retired. Just a few winning seasons in that span, including two playoff appearances. It couldnt be the FO, its gotta be bad coaches. Personally I think there should be a house cleaning. Something really stinks about 17 years with zero playoff appearances. Definitely a broken system somewhere. I would really like to know what Marrone would say uncensored. I'm sure there would be some interesting substance to that conversation.

I understand and knew that. I watched a bunch of his games. I thought you were referring to his NFL days. Of course, JP Losman could have thrown 30 TDs in a Mouse Davis offense.

" I had seasons from 1985 to 1997, Section J2 row 25 seats 105 and 106. Pretty high up but could see everything. I had no doubt Kelly was good. He was throwing 30 TD's even when he got here. "

He was throwing 30 TD's even when he got here. That means before he became a Buffalo Bills. i was actually wrong, he was throwing 40+ a year. My point being made was, I knew Kelly was a gun slinger and had an excellent shot at taking Bills to the promise land. You made a whole scene about this, why? I said nothing wrong.

?

Whaley sucks at public speaking and the owners should have been there. That's where the "dysfunction" begins and ends. It would be nice if Whaley wasn't a total dope when it comes to verbal communication to the media but I'd rather he be good at being a GM (I'm skeptical) than being Slick Willy to reporters.

The Pegula's are obviously struggling right now.

But Terry is far from a "tyrant" lol

But they're new to this. I trust they will learn from mistakes and improve over time.

He's done nothing with the Sabres in how many years..?? I'm not so sure he's learned a thing.

" I had seasons from 1985 to 1997, Section J2 row 25 seats 105 and 106. Pretty high up but could see everything. I had no doubt Kelly was good. He was throwing 30 TD's even when he got here. "

He was throwing 30 TD's even when he got here. That means before he became a Buffalo Bills. i was actually wrong, he was throwing 40+ a year. My point being made was, I knew Kelly was a gun slinger and had an excellent shot at taking Bills to the promise land. You made a whole scene about this, why? I said nothing wrong.

Fair enough. I misread you. My bad. Personal pet peeve of mine, though, whenever anyone here says Kelly would routinely throw 30 TDs. I understand it was a different era and all that, and I absolutely LOVE Kelly. Named my dog after him. I just think a lot of people overstate stats like that. So again, I just misread what you meant.

The other one is I want my running back carrying 30 times a game. It never happens. On average I mean.

Whaley sucks at public speaking and the owners should have been there. That's where the "dysfunction" begins and ends. It would be nice if Whaley wasn't a total dope when it comes to verbal communication to the media but I'd rather he be good at being a GM (I'm skeptical) than being Slick Willy to reporters.

I disagree. What I read today related to the press conference makes me really question many of the decisions over the years by Whaley+. It now appears the same dysfunction, and incompetence, may be the cause of many other bad decisions as well.

I have had an open mind about Whaley, and it is not closed now, but today makes me question if this leadership can ever move the Bills forward.

I can see the Bills regressing again this year, maybe significantly. Difficult to see how any high level, respected head coach would consider taking the Bills head coaching job.

And easy to see now how someone like Rex Ryan could have been hired.

Edited by Mister Defense

What they don't do is cater to unprofessional writers, reporters, insiders, and jokers who have no idea what they are doing (TBN). Reports with no evidence other than a "source". Dysfunctional are you in the meetings? So your guessing or throwing spaghetti, Rex was brought in it didnt work not the first time a coach was let go in the NFL. Rex Whaley Pegual meet at the conclusion Rex asks for a private meeting with Terry want to know his future- Terry says were gonna move in different direction - things like this have been done since 1892. But Vic needs a story, Jerry needs drama- not gonna give it to you. Well then we will make it up ourselves

Warrow calls Hello interview sure

Sal Cappacio calls Hello interview sure

respect / no respect i certainly see the difference

Fair enough. I misread you. My bad. Personal pet peeve of mine, though, whenever anyone here says Kelly would routinely throw 30 TDs. I understand it was a different era and all that, and I absolutely LOVE Kelly. Named my dog after him. I just think a lot of people overstate stats like that. So again, I just misread what you meant.

The other one is I want my running back carrying 30 times a game. It never happens. On average I mean.

Kelly often would go up 21-? and team would run the rest of the game. Some of the balls were TD's the other way too. He was Machine Gun Kelly for a reason, later years he slowed down allot. He always out performed Marino, that is all I care. :flirt:

What they don't do is cater to unprofessional writers, reporters, insiders, and jokers who have no idea what they are doing (TBN). Reports with no evidence other than a "source". Dysfunctional are you in the meetings? So your guessing or throwing spaghetti, Rex was brought in it didnt work not the first time a coach was let go in the NFL. Rex Whaley Pegual meet at the conclusion Rex asks for a private meeting with Terry want to know his future- Terry says were gonna move in different direction - things like this have been done since 1892. But Vic needs a story, Jerry needs drama- not gonna give it to you. Well then we will make it up ourselves

Warrow calls Hello interview sure

Sal Cappacio calls Hello interview sure

respect / no respect i certainly see the difference

Why didn't they get those interviews yesterday or early this morning? Seems to me, two owners were covering up for a really bad press conference.

The same national media that is laughing at the Bills "dysfunction" lauded the Jets for their coaching search that was done "the right way" with football guys picking Bowles and Mccagan. Getting a high five from the media means nothing to me.

That is because Jets get new people and the Bills got Rex.