Rams Request Permission to Interview Anthony Lynn

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty embarrassing how many Bills fans think of black coaches as nothing more than a box to check.

If the rich owners aren't embarrassed why should fans be? The fans aren't the ones who do this... Edited by Beef Jerky

do the other minority candidates getting interest and interviews not count? Teryl Austin, Vance Joseph, Harold Goodwin, Kris Richard?

Who are they interviewing with? Lynn would be at the top of that list imo. The whole rule is embarrassing. Pick the best person for the job.

Here's Teryl Austin saying only half of his interviews last year were legit: http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/23816/teryl-austin-two-of-four-head-coach-interviews-in-offseason-were-legitimate

It's pretty embarrassing how many Bills fans think of black coaches as nothing more than a box to check.

When black coaches themselves are suspicious of the Rooney rule , there is an issue with " token" interviews . That said , why are you painting Bills fans with a broad brush? Let me know when Mike Tomlin is available, I'd be happy if the Bills hired him as HC. It's not about color to me, just the resume. Lynn did a good job with Romans offense for one partial season. I don't want him to be the Bills HC when I think there are better options.

nah, not here at tsw. pretty sad that the only reason people feel he's getting a call is because of that rule. i think it reflects more upon the poster than Lynn or the rule itself.

Perhaps Bills fans are smart enough to know that the NFLs version of affirmative action is a joke. Hire the best man for the job. Simple as that.

Woah what the heck are you talking about? I hope you arent saying that's what I said. I said some get interviewed because they have to, it's a rule. That's a fact. Some will get interviewed with absolutely no intention of them getting the job. It's embarrassing and a waste of time. Teryl Austin and Anthony Lynn have said they have been on interviews to check a box. It's a fact. To say they don't deserve the job is completely untrue. Who cares what color they are? Let the best man get the job

Woah what the heck are you talking about? I hope you arent saying that's what I said. I said some get interviewed because they have to, it's a rule. That's a fact. Some will get interviewed with absolutely no intention of them getting the job. It's embarrassing and a waste of time. Teryl Austin and Anthony Lynn have said they have been on interviews to check a box. It's a fact. To say they don't deserve the job is completely untrue. Who cares what color they are? Let the best man get the job

Exactly. Liberal mentality permeating a Bills board. These folks probably agree with that blowhard at USA today who pondered why there weren't more flag protests in MLB. His brilliant conclusion? There aren't enough blacks playing baseball and something needs to be done about it. Maybe they just don't WANT to play baseball! What an idiot. The Rooney rule is a joke and many fans realize that.

its pretty sad when you lump an entire group together and infer racism.

Gtfo here with that nonsense. You're only going to put this in a black hole like you always do with such accusations. Take it to PPP

When black coaches themselves are suspicious of the Rooney rule , there is an issue with " token" interviews . That said , why are you painting Bills fans with a broad brush? Let me know when Mike Tomlin is available, I'd be happy if the Bills hired him as HC. It's not about color to me, just the resume. Lynn did a good job with Romans offense for one partial season. I don't want him to be the Bills HC when I think there are better options.

Perhaps Bills fans are smart enough to know that the NFLs version of affirmative action is a joke. Hire the best man for the job. Simple as that.

haha ah yes, the the cognitive dissonance kicks in. ALynn can't possibly be qualified to garner interest, right? has to be the Rooney Rule, huh?

fyi, the largest benefactors of affirmative action in today's society are white females: Times

thanks for playing.