Terry and Kim, Please Clean House

dubs

I think I'm at the lowest point I've ever been as a Bills fan. And the thought of keeping the majority of the front office and coaching staff makes me want to just quit the team and save myself the time and energy.

If I were the Pegulas I would really do my best to start fresh. Signal a new direction and just start over. I think that needs to begin with the Pegulas finding someone they can really trust to be a key consultant or adviser to them. Someone who can help bring in the right people at GM, Coach, scouts, etc...

I don't know who that could be. Maybe Polian, Parcells, Coughlin, I don't know. But whomever this person is, they need to create a framework that works across the organization. Meaning every facet of the org is in sync. Doesn't mean there can't and should be disagreements, but by in large they are all working together. There just seems to be none of that at OBD.

Different QBs, different defensive schemes, different approaches to the cap, different approaches to free agency, different approaches to drafting and valuing picks, some vague references to analytics. All this just in the last four or five years! What the hell is going on there!?!?

I know you guys are probably right. Is it me or does it just seem to be absolutely foolish to keep things status quo for the most part? I just can't help think that what's going on with the bills is an organizational issue, not tinkering with coaches and players.

I know you guys are probably right. Is it me or does it just seem to be absolutely foolish to keep things status quo for the most part? I just can't help think that what's going on with the bills is an organizational issue, not tinkering with coaches and players.

It's not just you. Lots agree that a simple HC change is not nearly enough to fix what is wrong with the organization.

We are going to have to wait for the next round of upheaval.

When Lynn is named HC as a result of Whaley proclaiming him the best candidate, and that goes up in a ball of fire, Lynn and Whaley will be gone. That's not for another year or 2 though.

That is when I predict Pegula will have finally come up to speed and will decide to fully clean house.

Give it 3 years at the outside. The team won't make the playoffs and Whaley will be gone. Although this is the perfect year to clean house. 24 FAs and no QB contract to eat cap space would allow a new regime to basically start over immediately build the roster they want.

It's not just you. Lots agree that a simple HC change is not nearly enough to fix what is wrong with the organization.

When Lynn is named HC as a result of Whaley proclaiming him the best candidate, and that goes up in a ball of fire, Lynn and Whaley will be gone. That's not for another year or 2 though.

That is when I predict Pegula will have finally come up to speed and will decide to fully clean house.

I agree. Like it or not, Pegula is not on the same level of exasperation as some of us Bills fans.

Give it 3 years at the outside. The team won't make the playoffs and Whaley will be gone. Although this is the perfect year to clean house. 24 FAs and no QB contract to eat cap space would allow a new regime to basically start over immediately build the roster they want.

Yup; I'd say 3 years. 20 years with no playoffs is a nice round #. That's when the real house cleaning and rebuild begin.

How's the QB class of 2020 looking? That's when the new regime will be looking for a first round QB.

it's foolish but Terry is loyal and loathe to change unless absolutely necessary (Darcy, Lindy)

I agree. Like it or not, Pegula is not on the same level of exasperation as some of us Bills fans.

only yr two for him as he likes to say.

Yup; I'd say 3 years. 20 years with no playoffs is a nice round #. That's when the real house cleaning and rebuild begin.

How's the QB class of 2020 looking? That's when the new regime will be looking for a first round QB.

That's pretty depressing (in a football sense). So, basically best case scenario we are hoping for a playoff caliber team in 2024.

I seriously wonder what the tipping point is for fans. Ticket sales, merch, and ratings have to take a hit soon.

Edited by dubs

That's pretty depressing (in a football sense). So, basically best case scenario we are hoping for a playoff caliber team in 2024.

I seriously wonder what the tipping point is for fans. Ticket sales, merch, and ratings have to take a hit soon.

If you're an optimist you could say 2023. After all, things usually work out better than planned for the Bills.

The other silver lining is by 2023 Tom Brady will probably have retired. And maybe Belichick.

This is what needs to be discussed: the tipping point for the fans. I think our organization is already taking a hit in the wallet

If you're an optimist you could say 2023. After all, things usually work out better than planned for the Bills.

The other silver lining is by 2023 Tom Brady will probably have retired. And maybe Belichick.

Would be nice to see them be relevant again in my lifetime. Maybe 40 more years, 50-60 if I'm lucky.

Exactly, the Bills can't afford to lose it's fan base. Not like your in a huge market where you can advertise and bring a bunch of new fans in. If you lose interested fathers and mothers than your losing generations of Bills fans. I for one have had about enough, 51 years old and was in my mid 30's last time this team was worth anything. If something isn't done now, than I am done as a fan this year. I will not come back, not a threat. This team has showed me the only thing they care about is money, so the best way to hurt them is take away my NFL Game Pass, NFL Sunday ticket and stop following them. I will let the NFL know why I am walking away from their product. Too bad, I have 100's of Bills products I will have to throw away. I will forever love the old teams but can't stomach what this franchise has become. I will be watching very closely the next couple days to see which direction I need to go. For all you fans that think the Bills can afford to lose me, I will be posting a U tube video burning all my Bills gear, it will be a pretty big bomb fire because half my personnel wardrobe has the Bills logo somewhere.

The biggest thing this franchise needs, and has needed since the Pegulas bought in, is someone exceptionally knowledgeable and respected to educate, guide, and prompt them. That individual will be worth whatever money it takes to get him. Who could it be - Polian, Dungy, McCarthy, Belichick etc.? Money talks and the owners need to spend it on the right individual who might be available and is willing to listen. As far as Whaley goes, I like him but not as a czar, which he obviously hasn't been. And Brandon certainly doesn't cut it. One can only dream, and hope it's not of these recurring nightmares.

The biggest thing this franchise needs, and has needed since the Pegulas bought in, is someone exceptionally knowledgeable and respected to educate, guide, and prompt them. That individual will be worth whatever money it takes to get him. Who could it be - Polian, Dungy, McCarthy, Belichick etc.? Money talks and the owners need to spend it on the right individual who might be available and is willing to listen. As far as Whaley goes, I like him but not as a czar, which he obviously hasn't been. And Brandon certainly doesn't cut it. One can only dream, and hope it's not of these recurring nightmares.

Russ Brandon is very good at his job and at the end of the day the NFL is a business,

Russ Brandon is very good at his job and at the end of the day the NFL is a business,

He may have the easiest marketing job on the planet. Like selling cigarettes before people knew they caused cancer.

I'm hoping this season is the tipping point like some of these big tobacco lawsuits were. I for one am ready to quit this health hazardous pastime.

They have announced that Whaley is in charge of selecting the next 2-3 year HC, subject to approval by the people who picked Rex. The house stays dirty.

But whaley now owns it. No more subterfuge.

Team fails? Whaley cannot hide any longer

exactly what is going down. sucks for the Fans but i approve the method.

Better be drafting em before then. That concept should run concurrently with proving out the GM