Terry and Kim, Please Clean House

dubs

But whaley now owns it. No more subterfuge.

Team fails? Whaley cannot hide any longer

exactly what is going down. sucks for the Fans but i approve the method.

Better be drafting em before then. That concept should run concurrently with proving out the GM

In the meantime Whaley will overdraft another project and/or waste 2-3 years on the Cardale Jones experiment.

In the meantime Whaley will overdraft another project and/or waste 2-3 years on the Cardale Jones experiment.

Then it will be 2-3 years to clean up the crap from these 8 years. So maybe by 2024 we'll be in contention. Probably from Toronto since the fans will eventually stop going in Buffalo.

Russ Brandon is very good at his job and at the end of the day the NFL is a business,

but the fan base who has no clue exactly what he does think that he is the reason for everything wrong in buffalo because he has been here for a long time. I hear Brandon was also responsible for 911 and the holocaust too.

I think I'm at the lowest point I've ever been as a Bills fan. And the thought of keeping the majority of the front office and coaching staff makes me want to just quit the team and save myself the time and energy.

If I were the Pegulas I would really do my best to start fresh. Signal a new direction and just start over. I think that needs to begin with the Pegulas finding someone they can really trust to be a key consultant or adviser to them. Someone who can help bring in the right people at GM, Coach, scouts, etc...

I don't know who that could be. Maybe Polian, Parcells, Coughlin, I don't know. But whomever this person is, they need to create a framework that works across the organization. Meaning every facet of the org is in sync. Doesn't mean there can't and should be disagreements, but by in large they are all working together. There just seems to be none of that at OBD.

Different QBs, different defensive schemes, different approaches to the cap, different approaches to free agency, different approaches to drafting and valuing picks, some vague references to analytics. All this just in the last four or five years! What the hell is going on there!?!?

Down here in Nashville, the Titans did just this. Fresh start. Complete overhaul of the organization starting from the top. New controlling owner, new team president, new GM, new Director of Player Personnel, new coach, new defensive coordinator, ... They instilled a philosophy via drafting and free agent signings that they only wanted "gamers" - the types of players who live, sleep, eat, breathe football. Ignore the measurables and get tough guys who play with heart and fire on every snap. Massive turnaround in only one year. The team went from laughing stock to just missing the playoffs.

My thoughts on this have changed dramatically during the last week.

Although I still believe Whaley has some very positive attributes, I think the Pegs need to wipe the slate clean.

The Bills entire organization is simply used to losing, from the top down.

They need to root out the entire culture of losing and replace it with an entirely new philosophy of winning.

In order to do this, you need to reseed it with people that know and expect winning.

My ideal situation would be for the Pegs to bring in someone like a Tom Coughlin who would oversee the "big picture" of the organization for the first 2 -3 years.

We would also need to make a huge bid to bring in one of the Patriots coordinators to be the HC and make Nick Caserio (Patriots Dir. of Player Personel) our new GM.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but why not try to pluck the young talent from the best organization in football. These guys know what winning is all about.

Edited by Bad Things

My thoughts on this have changed dramatically during the last week.

Although I still believe Whaley has some very positive attributes, I think the Pegs need to wipe the slate clean.

The Bills entire organization is simply used to losing, from the top down.

They need to root out the entire culture of losing and replace it with an entirely new philosophy of winning.

In order to do this, you need to reseed it with people that know and expect winning.

My ideal situation would be for the Pegs to bring in someone like a Tom Coughlin who would oversee the "big picture" of the organization.

We would also need to make a huge bid to bring in one of the Patriots coordinators to be the HC and make Nick Caserio (Patriots Dir. of Player Personel) our new GM.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but why not try to pluck the young talent from the best organization in football. These guys know what winning is all about.

Love it.