Who do you want the Bills to be?

Because, ya know, Rex had to outbid so many people for " Mr. Four season bench warmer" who then amazed so many around the league with his pro passing acumen?

Please, let OTHER teams over pay for him. Good luck to them or him.

Unless you have a top 2-3 defense , he is not getting you there.

How many seasons before the defensive " talent " we have coming back can perform at that level.

TT is who he is. It is real. It isn't crying.

I would argue if you have a top 10 defense he can get you in the WC. Top 5 and you get into the championship game with a lucky play away from the SB. We HAD A TOP 5 DEFENSE BEFORE REXs scheme confused the **** out of our guys. Not a good fit. We can make a bet rite now if Tyrod is let go, he starts on another team and puts up better stats then the scrub we trot out next year. Lets make it official. Loser makes a post admitting he was wrong and eats crow.

i understand you and buffalo boys frustration but what you want is gonna take at least 2 years of tanking or un-watchable 4-12 5-11 and 3-13 teams. Franchise QBs dont grow on trees. Trading for one will put the rest of the team at a disadvantage because impact players will have to come from drafts and not FAs (which again takes time).

I love the bills but after the last 15 years IDK if I can sit through another 3 year re-build with any enthusiasm. By then McCoy is gone, Hughes gone, Dareus older not as good, ingonito gone, glenn older not as good, wood gone, Sammy gone, Clay gone,Graham gone, Gilmore gone.

Chasing a QB the way you both want is gonna cost you relatively the entire team and a lot of good players prime years. Either keep Tyrod, draft more QBs till you find one you like and believe in, or if your gonna cut Tyrod then blow up the whole thing rite now, trade the best vets for picks, drain the swamp and get it over with. Anything other then those 2 options is a waste.

I totally understand any Bills fan not wanting to wait anymore for a great team, but until Brady and/or Belichek retires, that's exactly what the Bills need to do to get an elite QB as an average QB will not be enough to dethrone the Patriots.

I totally understand any Bills fan not wanting to wait anymore for a great team, but until Brady and/or Belichek retires, that's exactly what the Bills need to do to get an elite QB as an average QB will not be enough to dethrone the Patriots.

Jets and Broncos showed us last season that a good defense and a decent QB with good WRs can do it tho. Which is easier to find though? There are more great defenses and good WR cores then there are elite QBs

Jets and Broncos showed us last season that a good defense and a decent QB with good WRs can do it tho. Which is easier to find though? There are more great defenses and good WR cores then there are elite QBs

Jets missed the playoffs and sucked this year. The Broncos had the #1 defense in the league with a QB who even though his physical skills weren't there, was able to decipher defenses and line his offense up (Manning was like an OC on the field throughout his career). Look at the Broncos this year.

Under Bledsoe, the Bills had the #2 ranked defense his last two years with the team and the Bills finished 6-10 and 9-7.

You need more than just an average QB!

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Jets missed the playoffs and sucked this year. The Broncos had the #1 defense in the league with a QB who even though his physical skills weren't there, was able to decipher defenses and line his offense up (Manning was like an OC on the field throughout his career). Look at the Broncos this year.

Under Bledsoe, the Bills had the #2 ranked defense his last two years with the team and the Bills finished 6-10 and 9-7.

You need more than just an average QB!

Solid points! However the Broncos beat the Patriots with Oswiller and hes worse than Tyrod

Solid points! However the Broncos beat the Patriots with Oswiller and hes worse than Tyrod

And he got benched in favor of Peyton Manning last year as well. How did Osweiler do this year with the Texans, another team with a solid defense? Bledsoe had a victory over the Patriots and so did Fitzpatrick, but it wasn't nowhere near enough for the Bills.

And he got benched in favor of Peyton Manning last year as well. How did Osweiler do this year with the Texans, another team with a solid defense? Bledsoe had a victory over the Patriots and so did Fitzpatrick, but it wasn't nowhere near enough for the Bills.

Your right, Im not in support of Oswilly but comparing Houston's to Denver's 2015 defense is a stretch to say the least. Look at the playoffs this year, how many Elite QBs out of the top 10 in the league are in there? 4 at best out of the 12 playoff teams. Brady, Rothly on 1 tier, then you have Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Russ Wilson on the 2nd tier, then you have Eli, Alex Smith, David Carr on the 3rd and....? And out of those QBs which would you truly classify as elite rite now?

Edited by Marty McFly

Your right, Im not in support of Oswilly but comparing Houston's to Denver's 2015 defense is a stretch to say the least. Look at the playoffs this year, how many Elite QBs out of the top 10 in the league are in there? 4 at best out of the 12 playoff teams. Brady, Rothly on 1 tier, then you have Matt Ryan, Rodgers, Russ Wilson on the 2nd tier, then you have Eli, Alex Smith, David Carr on the 3rd and....? And out of those QBs which would you truly classify as elite rite now?

All the QB's on the second and third tier you mentioned are better than anything the Bills have had since the 1990's.

What tier would you put: Taylor, Manuel, Jones, Orton, Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Johnson, Bledsoe and Van Pelt?

All the QB's on the second and third tier you mentioned are better than anything the Bills have had since the 1990's.

What tier would you put: Taylor, Manuel, Jones, Orton, Fitzpatrick, Edwards, Losman, Holcomb, Johnson, Bledsoe and Van Pelt?

:lol::lol::lol: I wouldnt even put them on a tier. I would put Tyrod on tier with Tanney, and Oswilly who both made the playoffs. Granted they will prob be one and done but our defense in 2014 before the scheme change was better then both. With a healthy Watkins, O line, Tyrod and Shady we can put up enough points to win when the OC is on point and the defense holds up. The question is what is more likely to happen? Those things or finding a franchise QB from FA's? We gotta keep drafting QBs till we strike but Tyrod will keep the offense competitive if the other factors are there.

I would argue if you have a top 10 defense he can get you in the WC. Top 5 and you get into the championship game with a lucky play away from the SB. We HAD A TOP 5 DEFENSE BEFORE REXs scheme confused the **** out of our guys. Not a good fit. We can make a bet rite now if Tyrod is let go, he starts on another team and puts up better stats then the scrub we trot out next year. Lets make it official. Loser makes a post admitting he was wrong and eats crow.

I didn't say he couldn't put up descent stats. I'll eat your crow right here. McFly is right. TT can go to another team, make $20 mil. and still not get them to the playoffs but have better stats than a rebuilding team with a QB( whomever it is) learning his trade on the field.

How did Kelly or P. Manning or Aikman look in their first year in the NFL.

Could those teams have found a QB to start who could have put up better stats.

What good would it have done for those teams the following year?

Made the playoffs

I didn't say he couldn't put up descent stats. I'll eat your crow right here. McFly is right. TT can go to another team, make $20 mil. and still not get them to the playoffs but have better stats than a rebuilding team with a QB( whomever it is) learning his trade on the field.

Yes, however Kelly was in an all time great QB draft, Aikman and Manning were #1 overall picks. The Bills don't have one of those to use and no draft on the horizon looks to have a QB of that caliber. Tough spot to be in

Your point actually supports why TT should get more time being a 2nd year starter. Remember Kellys 1st 2 NFL seasons? They were bad. And Kelly had more real playing time than tyrod cuz of those years he spent starting in the USFL

Shhh.... we aren't supposed to talk about the that....if people find out things like this exist it will destroy their world view and could cause them to have a mental breakdown.....then out of nowhere Carr, savage, and Tannehill all get knocked out for the season....

I think his deal with the devil may have a clause about that....

Alex Smith Joe Flacco and whatever body Houston trots out every week are playoff contenders or in the playoffs every year. Bills fans have let Brady and Bellichick live rent free in their heads for too long. Tyrod isn't a franchise QB. Who freaking cares. He's our best option for now and we blew that. Because we're poorly run. Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yup. You need a good QB who does not make many mistakes. If the Bills had played ball on Offense, Defense and ST, then Tyrod is a perfect enough QB for this team especially with that awesome running game. The Bills failed MISERABLY on defense. TT is as good as Alex Smith and Flacco.

Really? Cause I could have sworn he got benched in favor of Savage?

Does anyone really think the Texans are going to do anything in the playoffs?

Right after 14 games. Savage wasn't much better. But you're making my point and the point of others, not sure if you realize that. You can get into the playoffs with a strong defense and running game led by a '2nd tier' QB.