Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

Take a good look at your future if the Bills are dumb enough to dump Tyrod. He isn't perfect but there's no one on their roster who isn't FAR worse. He's an average QB who the Bills have an opportunity to lock down for an average salary. The choice is binary, stick it out with him or hit reset and get ready for 3-4 years of total misery, barring a Dak Prescott / Tom Brady miracle.

Too funny, one quarter of football is your case? We had two years with Tie Rod, and he showed us what? Take a seat... Edited by DirtDart

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think the offense was good enough. You expected around the same amount of points scored as last year and they exceeded that amount by 20 points. So they at least met or exceeded your expectations, but that wasn't good enough. It honestly sounds like a personal problem FC.

TT was worse across the board. If he had 2015 McCoy instead of 2016 McCoy, this offense would've been middle of the pack at best. He got saved by his RB's career resurgence.

Just because the offense scored a good amount of points does not mean every offensive player is good. Is Mills good? Should we stay with Mills? What about our bums at WR? Roll with Hunter and Goodwin because we were top 10 in points?

No. I reject the notion that when a unit has a decent year, every single player must also be good.

Before today

1st in rush TDs with 28, 27th in pass TD with 17

Looks to me like the pass offense is being carried by the rush offense almost 2 to 1.

...and the QB is a HUGE part of the rush offense. His 580 yards and 6 TDs aside, the threat of his legs opens up the running game for everybody. How well did we run it today without TT?

TT was worse across the board. If he had 2015 McCoy instead of 2016 McCoy, this offense would've been middle of the pack at best. He got saved by his RB's career resurgence.

Just because the offense scored a good amount of points does not mean every offensive player is good. Is Mills good? Should we stay with Mills? What about our bums at WR? Roll with Hunter and Goodwin because we were top 10 in points?

No. I reject the notion that when a unit has a decent year, every single player must also be good.

Who said that EVERY player was great?

They did well despite some weak spots. Give it a rest.

Who said that EVERY player was great?

They did well despite some weak spots. Give it a rest.

I'm responding to the points made to me.

The argument is that if the offense puts up top 10 points, there is no need to upgrade with the offense. No need to upgrade TT because we're top 10 in points. By that logic, no need to upgrade Mills. Or Goodwin. Top 10 in points. How much better are we going to be with a better WR or RT? Not really much. So don't get anyone there.

Edited by FireChan

There's been half a dozen options posted in this thread. Do you suffer selective blindness?

Yep. Your confused. The point Im trying to make is that points scored is more important than passing yards. Also trying to point out that Tyrod adds to the offense with his legs. Hence 580 rushing yards and 6 rushing tds. I know these concepts seem confusing so Ill be happy to break out the crayons and draw you some pictures if you like.

Kirby, you are trying to discuss the QB situation logically with posters that have their pitchforks & torches out.

Maybe you are right, it might be time for me to take my ball and go home. I really like well thought out debates but surface level talk doesn't do much for me. If someone looks to passing yards and ignore scoring when talking about the offense I have little to nothing to say.

With that being said y'all have a happy New Year. Let's enjoy the offseason and OBJECTIVELY view what needs to happen. It will make for much better discussion.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

...and the QB is a HUGE part of the rush offense. His 580 yards and 6 TDs aside, the threat of his legs opens up the running game for everybody. How well did we run it today without TT?

FWIW the Jets were like 5th in the league against the rush at 3.8 ypc I think.

No his legs do not open up anything. Way to discredit the oline from having a supurb year opening up holes by saying it was only because of Tyrod. What a maroon!

Edited by old school

FWIW the Jets were like 5th in the league against the rush at 3.8 ypc I think.

No his legs do not open up anything. Way to discredit the oline from having a supurb year opening up holes by saying it was only because of Tyrod. What a marroon!

I didn't say "only" and the word is "moron." If you don't believe that his legs opened things up I'm not the only "marroon" here. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Every single player can't realistically be good. Tyrod definitely had a down year passing, surely due in part to injuries to pass catchers as you mentioned. Still, at the end of the year we have a team that scored 24 or more points in 11 of their 16 games and went 5-6 in those games. In fact, in all of our losses this year (minus this week) we only scored less than 20 points once, and that was the season opener at Baltimore.

7, 31*, 25, 25, 25, 24, 20, 31

*The Defense scored a TD in this game

Yep. Your confused. The point Im trying to make is that points scored is more important than passing yards. Also trying to point out that Tyrod adds to the offense with his legs. Hence 580 rushing yards and 6 rushing tds. I know these concepts seem confusing so Ill be happy to break out the crayons and draw you some pictures if you like.

Just a brutal attempt at humor and/or condescension. I bet you drink Bud Light.

Every single player can't realistically be good. Tyrod definitely had a down year passing, surely due in part to injuries to pass catchers as you mentioned. Still, at the end of the year we have a team that scored 24 or more points in 11 of their 16 games and went 5-6 in those games. In fact, in all of our losses this year (minus this week) we only scored less than 20 points once, and that was the season opener at Baltimore.

7, 31*, 25, 25, 25, 24, 20, 31

*The Defense scored a TD in this game

Right. And while the points scored numbers are very nice, extending drives, 3rd down conversions, 4Q comebacks and game winning drives are none of his forte. And all of those things are important too. So why not dump him and get someone better at all of those things, who can still put up as many total TD's as Tyrod?

Maybe you are right, it might be time for me to take my ball and go home. I really like well thought out debates but surface level talk doesn't do much for me. If someone looks to passing yards and ignore scoring when talking about the offense I have little to nothing to say.

With that being said y'all have a happy New Year. Let's enjoy the offseason and OBJECTIVELY view what needs to happen. It will make for much better discussion.

"Never give up!" (Because you're right....some other folks should just give up.)

And Happy New Years to all.

What I find funny is that we have to defend the OBVIOUS choice to keep a QB that none of us thinks is franchise.

Tyrod drives me crazy with the field vision issues and inability to run a 2 minute offense.......but I simply can't bring myself to going back to watching Trent/EJ/post-tape Fitz type of offense.

And don't get me wrong I understand that. I am just not there myself. I'd rather not tie myself for 2 to 3 years to a guy I don't believe is more than a bridge.

If the Bills and Tyrod can come to some sort renegotiation that reduces the penalty for moving on after 2017 and / or after 2018 I am not even against giving him a couple of extra mil in 2017 for one more crack at it hopefully with an improved D.

If they can't then I am willing to risk later years Fitz style QB play for a season and if we bottom out hey we bottom out. This is an older team now I think our window might have closed anyway... so if I end up with growing pains from a young QB in 2017 and 2018 I am willing to suffer that.

Edited by GunnerBill

Tyrod is a HUGE part of this running game.

The fear of Tyrod breaking contain keeps DL disciplined and allows the Bills to do all the slow developing pin and pull work on the OL without a lot of backfield disruption.

We saw what happens without Tyrod today......Jets attack LOS and shutdown run in backfield.......no respect for deep ball leads to normally wide open comeback routes being covered along sideline.

McCoy had a tremendous year and I'm not going to run him down when he corrected a lot of the issues I had with him in 2014.........but they can run the ball at a high level WITHOUT a $10M RB.

When healthy McCoy provides an extra oomph to the offense but he isn't the facilitator.

Not often discussed.......but Roman's offense has been run in the NFL by nothing but VERY athletic QB's.......Alex Smith.....Colin Kaepernick.......Tyrod.

In SF Roman had much better interior OL and they ran the scheme at an entirely quicker pace.

By comparision Richie Incognito is going in slow motion when he pulls.

And there was a run where Kaepernick was just unstoppable.

But because he couldn't consistently make ANY throws he got schemed out.

Tyrod's ability to hit the deep ball and having Sammy to catch it allows the Bills to run this scheme without as good of an OL but with BETTER results.

Edited by #BADOL

Tyrod is a HUGE part of this running game.

The fear of Tyrod breaking contain keeps DL disciplined and allows the Bills to do all the slow developing pin and pull work on the OL without a lot of backfield disruption.

We saw what happens without Tyrod today......Jets attack LOS and shutdown run in backfield.......no respect for deep ball leads to normally wide open comeback routes being covered along sideline.

McCoy had a tremendous year and I'm not going to run him down when he corrected a lot of the issues I had with him in 2014.........but they can run the ball at a high level WITHOUT a $10M RB.

When healthy McCoy provides an extra oomph to the offense but he isn't the facilitator.

Not often discussed.......but Roman's offense has been run in the NFL by nothing but VERY athletic QB's.......Alex Smith.....Colin Kaepernick.......Tyrod.

In SF Roman had much better interior OL and they ran the scheme at an entirely quicker pace.

By comparision Richie Incognito is going in slow motion when he pulls.

And there was a run where Kaepernick was just unstoppable.

But because he couldn't consistently make ANY throws he got schemed out.

Tyron's ability to hit the deep ball and having Sammy to catch it allows the Bills to run this scheme without as good of an OL but with BETTER results.

No team could run the ball with EJ under center.