Reasons to look forward

Dr. K

All the hysteria about Tyrod not starting this game, and Lynn not satisfying the reporters at the Wednesday PC, and speculation about who's making decisions, and the wild negativity about Whaley strike me as being wrongheaded and short sighted.

I am happier about the Bills' situation than I have been since they hired Rex, which I thought, and said the time, was a mistake. Here's what I like about where we are now:

1) Rex is gone. This offers a chance for the team to become more disciplined and focused. No more clown show press conferences and egomania. I expect a lot less bluster standing in for accomplishment, less boasting about what the team is going to do before it's done anything. The stupid pickup truck. The skydiving. It was always the Rex show and I was tired of it before it even started.

2) A cleaner chain of command. Whaley picks the coach and manages the roster and stands or falls on how that plays out. I think a lot of the negativity about Whaley's tenure is overblown, but whether I am right or not about that, we are going to see accountability. I expect the Pegulas to learn their lesson and stay out of the process.

3) It's early yet, but I am hoping they hire Lynn as head coach, not some "big name" guy who may draw media attention but whose days are past. Please, no Cowher, no Coughlin, no Gruden, etc. (Even if they would come here, which they probably would not).

4) The end of Rex's defensive scheme, which did not play to the roster's strengths. It made Gilmour, for instance, look worse than he was. Likewise Brown the linebacker. It chased Bradham off the team. Good riddance.

Let the national media say whatever they want about the Bills. Let the Buffalo News and Sully and the others whine and stir the pot. I hope the front office completely ignores them.

I could probably think of a couple of other bright spots, but that's a start. Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year.

Because there are no rear view mirrors in life?

Go Bills... Terry, get serious now. Pick a businessman not a salesman. find the guy that executes but sucks at selling it.

My car has a rear view mirror, but there's a reason the windshield is so much bigger.

Go Bills!

All the hysteria about Tyrod not starting this game, and Lynn not satisfying the reporters at the Wednesday PC, and speculation about who's making decisions, and the wild negativity about Whaley strike me as being wrongheaded and short sighted.

I am happier about the Bills' situation than I have been since they hired Rex, which I thought, and said the time, was a mistake. Here's what I like about where we are now:

1) Rex is gone. This offers a chance for the team to become more disciplined and focused. No more clown show press conferences and egomania. I expect a lot less bluster standing in for accomplishment, less boasting about what the team is going to do before it's done anything. The stupid pickup truck. The skydiving. It was always the Rex show and I was tired of it before it even started.

2) A cleaner chain of command. Whaley picks the coach and manages the roster and stands or falls on how that plays out. I think a lot of the negativity about Whaley's tenure is overblown, but whether I am right or not about that, we are going to see accountability. I expect the Pegulas to learn their lesson and stay out of the process.

3) It's early yet, but I am hoping they hire Lynn as head coach, not some "big name" guy who may draw media attention but whose days are past. Please, no Cowher, no Coughlin, no Gruden, etc. (Even if they would come here, which they probably would not).

4) The end of Rex's defensive scheme, which did not play to the roster's strengths. It made Gilmour, for instance, look worse than he was. Likewise Brown the linebacker. It chased Bradham off the team. Good riddance.

Let the national media say whatever they want about the Bills. Let the Buffalo News and Sully and the others whine and stir the pot. I hope the front office completely ignores them.

I could probably think of a couple of other bright spots, but that's a start. Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year.

This