One More Comeback - Frank Reich

flopagamo

FRANK REICH 2017

I'm a DC area transplant and extremely infrequent poster here... a WNYer from the 70s and 80s who serves as the sobering voice to fellow transplanted Bills fans in my area who get caught up in the playoff scenarios year after year with unwarranted optimism. I'm the guy who says to them, "Fellas, just stop it. It's not going to happen." I would love to be optimistic about the Bills, but I've reached a point where I can't get all that fired up anymore. And I hate that! I'm getting old. I've grown weary of the annual disappointment.

The Buffalo Bills have almost made me hate NFL football. They're not even good at being bad... they manage to get middling draft picks every year by being just good enough to miss the playoffs by a game or two.

I've been down on pretty much every head coach since Marv, and none more so than Rex Ryan, especially after he dumped a very successful d-coordinator, then later hired his own bumbling brother (he of the reverse midas touch) to commence ruining what was once a very good defense. Good riddance, Rex. Who knew the NFL coaching ranks were nothing more than a jobs program for incompetent family members?

I need a reason to get excited about this team again.

Frank Reich seems to be on nobody's short list... and perhaps he doesn't deserve top-dog consideration yet. That said, given all the mediocrity that Bills fans have endured for so long, would anyone really object to the Pegulas giving one of the region's favorite guys a chance to pull off another kind of comeback?

FRANK REICH 2017

LET'S CALL IT A COMEBACK

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank's a nice enough guy and all but making him a HC is risky. It be a good PR move and he might have what it takes since he's been an OC the last few years but I haven't been impressed with his offenses in San Diego or Philly all things considered.

Forget his offenses. I don't want a glorified coordinator. When Frank Reich says this is the way we are going will people follow him?

I am not advocating Reich but that is the only question the Bills should be asking of any candidate this time. Is he a disciplined leader? If not don't even bother with an interview.

Frank's a nice enough guy and all but making him a HC is risky. It be a good PR move and he might have what it takes since he's been an OC the last few years but I haven't been impressed with his offenses in San Diego or Philly all things considered.

offenses have ranked 16th 17th my question is he worked for two play callers in McCoy and Peterson what was the OC relationship. What were his responisblities- leadership, smarts, character he has in spades.

I like Frank. He did a great job this year with a rookie as QB. Someone is going to give him a chance and they are not going to regret it.

Pederson is the QB whisperer (supposedly) and Wentz regressed quite a bit as the year went along. I like him as a prospect but would have preferred the trajectory go in the other direction.

Reich has always been under an offensive minded HC (at least I think). He is like Dennis Thurman as the DC. It's a title but not the same responsibility. I don't know if he's ever been responsible for the offensive side of the ball?

7-9 team interviews coordinator from 7-9 team

Yup and that is a 7-9 team in the first year of coaching team with a Rookie QB and two teams from there division in playoffs. That is a team headed in the correct direction.

Yup and that is a 7-9 team in the first year of coaching team with a Rookie QB and two teams from there division in playoffs. That is a team headed in the correct direction.

Yea... Yea sure. I swear all I heard is the Eagles were only successful b.c of Schwartz.

He isn't tough enough to demand the change needed in this organization. We need someone that is ready again to be HC and has spent time under Belichick.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Eagles learned there lesson with old Chip Kelley. They went back to the basic's of building a staff and in year one with little talent they got to 7-9 with a Rookie QB. If only we could have half that optimism.

Yea... Yea sure. I swear all I heard is the Eagles were only successful b.c of Schwartz.

He isn't tough enough to demand the change needed in this organization. We need someone that is ready again to be HC and has spent time under Belichick.

Anyone coming from the Bellicheet world is not coming to Buffalo due to personnel control that they do not have. Don't waste your life lobbying for something that is never going to happen.

Eagles learned there lesson with old Chip Kelley. They went back to the basic's of building a staff and in year one with little talent they got to 7-9 with a Rookie QB. If only we could have half that optimism.

Anyone coming from the Bellicheet world is not coming to Buffalo due to personnel control that they do not have. Don't waste your life lobbying for something that is never going to happen.

That is like me saying don't waste your time with something that will never work. Yet you made a thread lobbying about it..

So i will make my posts.

Edited by Beef Jerky