One More Comeback - Frank Reich

flopagamo

I look at it this way. Right know when you mention Frank Reich to me I immediately think comeback game. The td to reed sliding across the endzone. Im sure most of you do too. Frank is a super hero. Please Buffalo, dont change that memory. I dont need the first thing I think of when you mention frank reich to be some stupid decision to punt in a game that costs the playoffs. Cause you know thats what will happen

Or the memory of Sanchez running into his right guard's ass...because that's what we got with Rex. The point is, at least we know Reich doesn't treat coaching as a trip to Walmart.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coughlin for HC (2-3 Max then to Pegs Advisor role)

Reich (OC and heir apparent)

Wade as DC

Then call SD and tell them to name the price for Phil Rivers - steps right into things with old OC

If I haven't lost you yet...bring in Doug Flutie as QB coach.

Let's end this F-king curse!!!

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Coughlin for HC (2-3 Max then to Pegs Advisor role)

Reich (OC and heir apparent)

Wade as DC

Then call SD and tell them to name the price for Phil Rivers - steps right into things with old OC

If I haven't lost you yet...bring in Doug Flutie as QB coach.

Let's end this F-king curse!!!

That's a dream team.

Frank's a nice enough guy and all but making him a HC is risky. It be a good PR move and he might have what it takes since he's been an OC the last few years but I haven't been impressed with his offenses in San Diego or Philly all things considered.

He is not trying to be your Coordinator. Marv was a Special Teams Coach. What you have to look at is, does he understand what a good team looks like, Yes, he played on one. Is he a motivator, Yes, he led the largest comeback in his day at college and the NFL, NFL still sticks. Has he been a leader, yes as OC and QB. The biggest thing for Frank will be getting top DC and OC to come with him. I think he could be the perfect candidate. Sometimes we look at things the wrong way!

HC Reich

DC Philips/Assist HC

OC Lynn, if Reich approves

ST Tasker

Edited by USABuffaloFan

He is not trying to be your Coordinator. Marv was a Special Teams Coach. What you have to look at is, does he understand what a good team looks like, Yes, he played on one. Is he a motivator, Yes, he led the largest comeback in his day at college and the NFL, NFL still sticks. Has he been a leader, yes as OC and QB. The biggest thing for Frank will be getting top DC and OC to come with him. I think he could be the perfect candidate. Sometimes we look at things the wrong way!

HC Reich

DC Philips/Assist HC

OC Lynn, if Reich approves

ST Tasker

We can bring Marv back as the GM too!!

I didn't realize that having success in a Bills uniform was an important quality for a coach? What makes Tasker a candidate to coach ST at the NFL level? Because he was good as a gunner 20 years ago? What makes him a better candidate than someone who has studied it and schemed it for decades?

Let's try this, hire the best coaching staff possible. Get guys that are respected, successful, disciplined and leaders. A guy playing for the Bills isn't one of the criteria. If Reich is the best guy, so be it but his resume doesn't stack up IMO.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

FRANK REICH 2017

I'm a DC area transplant and extremely infrequent poster here... a WNYer from the 70s and 80s who serves as the sobering voice to fellow transplanted Bills fans in my area who get caught up in the playoff scenarios year after year with unwarranted optimism. I'm the guy who says to them, "Fellas, just stop it. It's not going to happen." I would love to be optimistic about the Bills, but I've reached a point where I can't get all that fired up anymore. And I hate that! I'm getting old. I've grown weary of the annual disappointment.

The Buffalo Bills have almost made me hate NFL football. They're not even good at being bad... they manage to get middling draft picks every year by being just good enough to miss the playoffs by a game or two.

I've been down on pretty much every head coach since Marv, and none more so than Rex Ryan, especially after he dumped a very successful d-coordinator, then later hired his own bumbling brother (he of the reverse midas touch) to commence ruining what was once a very good defense. Good riddance, Rex. Who knew the NFL coaching ranks were nothing more than a jobs program for incompetent family members?

I need a reason to get excited about this team again.

Frank Reich seems to be on nobody's short list... and perhaps he doesn't deserve top-dog consideration yet. That said, given all the mediocrity that Bills fans have endured for so long, would anyone really object to the Pegulas giving one of the region's favorite guys a chance to pull off another kind of comeback?

FRANK REICH 2017

LET'S CALL IT A COMEBACK

I feel your pain. I am 63 and have been a Bills fan since the early 60's currently living in Las Vegas. You have to stay hopeful. What else can you do? Edited by long suffering bills fan

Marv Levy was not on anyone's hot list when we got him from Montreal back in the day. Frank is a great candidate for a team in Buffalo. Character has and always will be as important as anything else as a coach. People love this guy and the guy is successful at what he does. Go read the Philly blogs right now. They are freaking out they might lose him. That tells you something.

Marv Levy was not on anyone's hot list when we got him from Montreal back in the day. Frank is a great candidate for a team in Buffalo. Character has and always will be as important as anything else as a coach. People love this guy and the guy is successful at what he does. Go read the Philly blogs right now. They are freaking out they might lose him. That tells you something.

Notice Kirby doesn't put his choices up, he only criticizes others thoughts. He was agreeing on Lynn as HC, hasn't even developed his own offense yet, used Romans. Tasker may be a stretch but Philips is DC in Denver and contract up. Reich has been a coach since mid 2000's, QB, WR and OC. Unless you bringing in McDaniel who has more experience leading.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Notice Kirby doesn't put his choices up, he only criticizes others thoughts. He was agreeing on Lynn as HC, hasn't even developed his own offense yet, used Romans. Tasker may be a stretch but Philips is DC in Denver and contract up. Reich has been a coach since mid 2000's, QB, WR and OC. Unless you bringing in McDaniel who has more experience leading.

I've given my choices 50 times!! McDaniels is 1, Coughlin 2 and Dabo as my long shot that I'd love. I wouldn't hate the Lynn - Bradley combination which I think is the most realistic besides for maybe Coughlin. I am not at all opposed to Wade Phillips as DC. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Ive never quite understood how none of the superbowl players moved into any coaching with the team. The Steelers have Carnell Lake, Joey Porter and Olsavsky on their coaching staff right now. Doesn't Lynn only have 14 games of experience as a coordinator.

I think Reich has the right kind of character where Rex was a character.

Ive never quite understood how none of the superbowl players moved into any coaching with the team. The Steelers have Carnell Lake, Joey Porter and Olsavsky on their coaching staff right now. Doesn't Lynn only have 14 games of experience as a coordinator.

I think Reich has the right kind of character where Rex was a character.

Wilson didn't believe in doing that. Haslett was a good coach at one time, we had a shot at him. I think the time is right, those players are in their 50's and ready and mature. Reed is coaching to. I think Reich would be in the mold of a Levy, he should not be a coordinator too. I always like Philips too, if it wasn't for the ST coach Ronnie? I think Philips would have gotten Bills to another Superbowl, wouldn't have quit(fired).

He's not a good coach and he's dumb are two different things. Dick Jauron went to Yale.

No, I wouldn't hire Lee, he's a bad football coach. I would hire someone that has proven to be a good coach. It's not that complicated.

Wasn't McDaniels replaced as HC in Denver, fired by Elway?

I don't understand the hype surrounding Reich as HC. Not even a little bit. Can someone inform me as to why he'd be a good HC?

Marv Levy said he was one of the brightest minds he met, one of the best characters and a huge reason Kelly could run the No Huddle Offense.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Wasn't McDaniels replaced as HC in Denver, fired by Elway?

He was as a 33 year-old HC after less than 2 years. They were playing for a playoff spot in week 17 of his 1st year. He wasn't ready 7 years ago, just like Belicheck wasn't ready in Cleveland. McDaniels went back to the Pats and grew. There was a tweet yesterday from one of the insiders talking about how much different he is now. There is no guarantee with any of these guys but I'd take my chances with his scheme, pedigree and the winning culture that he comes from. I don't see him coming here though.

We can bring Marv back as the GM too!!

I didn't realize that having success in a Bills uniform was an important quality for a coach? What makes Tasker a candidate to coach ST at the NFL level? Because he was good as a gunner 20 years ago? What makes him a better candidate than someone who has studied it and schemed it for decades?

Let's try this, hire the best coaching staff possible. Get guys with that are respected, successful, disciplined and leaders. A guy playing for the Bills isn't one of the criteria. If Reich is the best guy, so be it but his resume doesn't stack up IMO.

Spot on!

He was as a 33 year-old HC after less than 2 years. They were playing for a playoff spot in week 17 of his 1st year. He wasn't ready 7 years ago, just like Belicheck wasn't ready in Cleveland. McDaniels went back to the Pats and grew. There was a tweet yesterday from one of the insiders talking about how much different he is now. There is no guarantee with any of these guys but I'd take my chances with his scheme, pedigree and the winning culture that he comes from. I don't see him coming here though.

Yeah I remember he drafted Tebow and got lucky, Tebow and him are gone the following year, tough luck. McDaniel would not have a name if it wasn't for Belichek and Tom Brady. Allot of coaches leave NE and fail!

Yeah I remember he drafted Tebow and got lucky, Tebow and him are gone the following year, tough luck. McDaniel would not have a name if it wasn't for Belichek and Tom Brady. Allot of coaches leave NE and fail!

That is certainly true. I just see the offense that he is responsible for and it flourishes. The route concepts are fantastic, they are disciplined and he develops QBs. The Patriots want him to take over when Belicheck retires (at least most people believe that). Those are all positives for me. I don't think that he'd go to the AFC East but who knows.

Brady is totally the reason he looks good, Brady can make any coordinator look good.