Bills are a joke of an organization

Jerry Jabber

I think they drafted a qb in the first round who fans had no patience for and gave him 14 games. If your goal was bigger than the playoffs, fans have to be willing to stick throw the ups and downs of a young qb. And let's be honest, most fans (especially Bills ones with good reason), struggle to be patient.

I think people act like the Bills don't want to win. No one wants to win more than the people at top there. But this whole fire everyone talk gets so tiring. Let's just hope they let the GM do his job and hire his own coach.

They keep making the same stupid mistakes over & over. Maybe they should of stuck with EJ. People on this board that watched him in college could of told Rusty & the boys how it was going to turn out though. EJ had many holes in his game at FSU, holes that were mostly hidden thru being around superior talent & a coach that built the offense around protecting those holes. My opinion the moment they drafted Manuel was it was a huge mistake. He is just not a very good QB. You could play bhim for 14 games or 140 games & that was not going to change.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They keep making the same stupid mistakes over & over. Maybe they should of stuck with EJ. People on this board that watched him in college could of told Rusty & the boys how it was going to turn out though. EJ had many holes in his game at FSU, holes that were mostly hidden thru being around superior talent & a coach that built the offense around protecting those holes. My opinion the moment they drafted Manuel was it was a huge mistake. He is just not a very good QB. You could play bhim for 14 games or 140 games & that was not going to change.

What other QB would you have had them draft there? Because they had to get one because of the situation Nix created with Fitzpatrick. If Nix hadn't opened his mouth, Fitz would have been the QB and EJ would have been drafter a lot later or not at all. What other QB would you have had Whaley draft there in place of EJ?

You and Whaley seem to have the same vision in Tyrod and now you are defending Whaley with almost the same fervor you bashed Tyrod. Are you Doug Whaley or do you work for a PR firm handling Social Media for the Bills?

Yea conmect the two tin foil.

Has Whaley ever picked his coach

Is this team talented

Yea conmect the two tin foil.

Has Whaley ever picked his coach

Is this team talented

This is the 3rd coach he is involved in the process. Lest we forget his guy was Hue Jackson so lets see what his guy is this time. No this team overall is as talented as its record. We has Bills fans have been overvaluing the talent and blaming Head Coach and QB for 17 years now. Easier to hold out hope replacing 1 or 2 people will solve the problem than admiting you just have mediocre talent. Some guys have lots of talent but you dont win with a handful of talented guys on the roster in the NFL. NOt rocket science . Edited by jms62

This is the 3rd coach he is involved in the process. Lest we forget his guy was Hue Jackson so lets see what his guy is this time. No this team overall is as talented as its record. We has Bills fans have been overvaluing the talent and blaming Head Coach and QB for 17 years now. Easier to hold out hope replacing 1 or 2 people will solve the problem than admiting you just have mediocre talent. Some guys have lots of talent but you dont win with a handful of talented guys on the roster in the NFL. NOt rocket science .

So he hasnt picked his HC like GMs are able to do.

I can list many many players on Bills that wouls start for other teams.

People seem to forget the days of Keith Ellisons and Shaud Williams

Did you see what happened with the players during that Steeler game? It's like the gave up once they heard the news that Ryan was going to be fired. Someone in the FO didn't want to see Ryan succeed and basically submarined Ryan by letting that info slip to the media.

It kinda tells me it was Doug Whaley as it was stated that he wanted to see what Cardale Jones could do as the starter. Probably thinking that he had another Dak Prescott.

"According to NFL sources, coach Rex Ryan and General Manager Doug Whaley are at odds over the future of quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Ryan wants Taylor to remain the Bills' starter for the balance of this season and beyond, the sources said, while Whaley would like to see rookie Cardale Jones start the final three games after Sunday's clash with the Pittsburgh Steelers."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that the Bills could fire Ryan as early as Monday, depending on the outcome of the Pittsburgh game."

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/11/power-struggle-behind-bills-potential-coaching-change/

There must be some smooth talking going on in the FO to the owners for Doug Whaley to keep his job. JMO

Yeah clearly This was correct.

Rex wasnt fired Monday.

Cardale Jones still not starting.

So when he picks a coach that picks up TT option

Will the COT continue thier assualt on the GM that seems to think they need to get better than TT?

What other QB would you have had them draft there? Because they had to get one because of the situation Nix created with Fitzpatrick. If Nix hadn't opened his mouth, Fitz would have been the QB and EJ would have been drafter a lot later or not at all. What other QB would you have had Whaley draft there in place of EJ?

I wouldn't of drafted a QB that year until the later rounds but if you had to pin me down & you could look at posts of mine that stated this at the time I would of took Barkley but not until the third or 4th round at the earliest. There wasn't a QB in that draft that was worth a 1st or 2nd round grade imo that year. Horrible year to pigeon hole yourself into selecting a QB. The Bills did trade down & eventually that trade down pick landed us Shady so I guess you could look at it that way too.

Edited by Gordio

I wouldn't of drafted a QB that year until the later rounds but if you had to pin me down & you could look at posts of mine that stated this at the time I would of took Barkley but not until the third or 4th round at the earliest. There wasn't a QB in that draft that was worth a 1st or 2nd round grade imo that year. Horrible year to pigeon hole yourself into selecting a QB. The Bills did trade down & eventually that trade down pick landed us Shady so I guess you could look at it that way too.

Cool. I am not particularly glad they drafted EJ and I don't think most Bills fans are. But when you put things in perspective and remember the situation that Nix left Whaley in, Whaley didn't have a choice about whether to draft a QB or not. He had to. It was this team's number 1 priority from every angle. If he hadn't drafted somebody in round 1, the fans would have created such an uproar that he would have been fired by now for not at least trying to get a QB. The guy had to draft a QB to save his own job. That is how the NFL works. He was just playing the game how everyone in that position knew it had to be played. He went and drafted the best guy available to him. It didn't work out. Can't blame him for trying. You miss every shot you don't take.

That is why I give him a pass on EJ. He had to take somebody. No other QB in that draft has proven to be better. Otherwise, people would have a legit complaint that he missed there and should have taken someone else.

Bills are not a joke organization. IMO your owners are still learning the ropes of how to be an NFL owner. I heard Bob Kraft say he made a lot of stupid mistakes his first four years and that it was as much his fault as Pete Carroll s that hedidn't succeed here as head coach. So he got it right after 4 years of ownership and brought in BB to oversee all football related issues and ever since been running like a well oiled machine. I think right now the Bills ownership just going threw growing pains and the Bills be fine in a couple years when they figure out what works for them.

Bills are not a joke organization. IMO your owners are still learning the ropes of how to be an NFL owner. I heard Bob Kraft say he made a lot of stupid mistakes his first four years and that it was as much his fault as Pete Carroll s that hedidn't succeed here as head coach. So he got it right after 4 years of ownership and brought in BB to oversee all football related issues and ever since been running like a well oiled machine. I think right now the Bills ownership just going threw growing pains and the Bills be fine in a couple years when they figure out what works for them.

Great post!

Agreed. We are getting creamed by media and former execs. I agree this is closing in on dumpster fire status. It's embarrrasing. I'm fearful no quality head coach will want to come near Buffalo. That's the real issue.

They intended to fire Rex after missing playoffs on Sunday. The TT contract liability forced them to do it 7 days early bc Rex intended to play TT against Jets. Bills didn't want a TT injury to force them to exercise the TT option b4 new coach/Whaley/Pegs decided if they wanted to keep TT. Obviously, the TT decision hasn't been made since a new coach is coming. This is not dumpster fire material. What they did makes perfect sense to me. It's a super slow week in the NFL media so they made a big deal out of it. Putting Whaley, et al at the podium to answer undecided questions would have been a bigger fiasco than what they did do. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Whatever.. this will be off the front page and forgotten within days. Who cares what national media says, Bills will continue to be a sideshow to national NFL network coverage until they start winning. Probably better that way. Just a slow news week in the NFL. Let it go.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

There must be some smooth talking going on in the FO to the owners for Doug Whaley to keep his job. JMO

Kind of hard to justify firing a GM when the team has nine pro bowlers on the roster. And I said the same for Rex being fired if he went 9-7.

Cool. I am not particularly glad they drafted EJ and I don't think most Bills fans are. But when you put things in perspective and remember the situation that Nix left Whaley in, Whaley didn't have a choice about whether to draft a QB or not. He had to. It was this team's number 1 priority from every angle. If he hadn't drafted somebody in round 1, the fans would have created such an uproar that he would have been fired by now for not at least trying to get a QB. The guy had to draft a QB to save his own job. That is how the NFL works. He was just playing the game how everyone in that position knew it had to be played. He went and drafted the best guy available to him. It didn't work out. Can't blame him for trying. You miss every shot you don't take.

That is why I give him a pass on EJ. He had to take somebody. No other QB in that draft has proven to be better. Otherwise, people would have a legit complaint that he missed there and should have taken someone else.

The officially preferred narrative is that EJM is Nix' draft pick, until he starts playing like Ben Roethlisberger. At that point, he becomes Doug Whaley's pick.

The officially preferred narrative is that EJM is Nix' draft pick, until he starts playing like Ben Roethlisberger. At that point, he becomes Doug Whaley's pick.

The official timeline is Nix was GM when EJ was drafted. Whaley became GM three weeks later. Use your imagination to create whatever narrative fits your view.

Don't forget everyone here wanted a QB first round in 2013,mostly Gino Smith or Ryan Nassib.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The official timeline is Nix was GM when EJ was drafted. Whaley became GM three weeks later. Use your imagination to create whatever narrative fits your view.

Don't forget everyone here wanted a QB first round in 2013,mostly Gino Smith or Ryan Nassib.

And of those quarterbacks, EJ is probably the best one.

:thumbsup:

Yep. Saw that whole scapegoat setup unfolding. Exactly why Nix waited to step down.

I have no doubt that the EJM pick was collaborative decision-making. Both Nix and Whaley have their fingerprints all over the selection and the way the roster unfolded over the seasons leading up to that pick.

You think the BIlls leaked that they were going to be firing Rex...before the team was eliminated from playoff contention? So if the Bills had made the playoffs, they'd still have fired him?

Look, I get you're frustrated, but use some common sense.

whaley absolutely leaked it to fortify his position with ownership.