if rex...

nuklz2594

unfortunately, it seems as if this coach is is a defensive mind of some reputation, has taken what we all considered a very talented defensive squad an severely underperformed with it.and while i would love to sit and have a dozen beers with the guy at a bar, i think he makes some really bad choices with regards to situational coaching and clock management. i think most are ready to move on, and hopefully forward.

Rex called his shot and failed. He needs to be shown the door. One of the largest staff in the league and they look so disorganized and undisciplined. That starts from the top and even though Rex is a good guy who you want to root for. He has clearly demonstrated he does not have what it takes to be a successful head coach in this league.

I thought Rex turned a corner by delegating calling the defense to his DC. Turns out he just lied about it. Defense is a disorganized disappointment. How much of it is this clumsy flow of information? New DC would actually make this worse. It's time for Rex to go, a point he emphasized with a definitive punt in a game when he reportedly acknowledged that his job was on the line.

I was a big fan of the Rex Ryan hire. As many have stated in this thread, he's such a likable personality. Loved the emotion and bravado he brought to the HC position. Unfortunately, his brand of defense hasn't worked here. Our offense, while ugly at times, isn't the problem. They are scoring even while they haven't been any where near 100% healthy. The defense has let us all down. Bottom line, Rex took the 4th ranked D, added more talent, and made them much worse. Run defense is a absolute joke.

Unfortunately, (because Rex isn't going to give up control of the D) he should probably go. The rest of the Defensive coaching staff is a given.