Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

I don't think the Bills will see it this way. Ravens game was a product of Greg Romans curious play calling. He was dismissed after game 2, and the offense came alive. They will look at the offense in the last Miami game and see what is possible with Watkins, Clay, Woods ( or comparable WR) and McCoy on the field. Short of acquiring a proven QB a la Tony Romo, they will stick with the plan rather than go backwards. They probably feel they can quickly turn around the defense to 2014 level. That's easier and faster than finding an elite NFL QB. Can the Bills do better than Taylor at QB with someone actually available to them? There are one or two options, anyone else is an unknown. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't . I believe more and more that Tyrods option will be picked up.

Yes, exactly! The Offense isn't as broken as the Defense!

Reggie Bush being here was a bad move. TT has also had a lot of sacks due to line play. He doesn't make game changing plays with interceptions. He had poor receivers. I like the guy and he should stay. Going into his third year as a starter will be good for him and the team.

Exactly!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point people will learn that there is a distinction between the traditional passer rating and QBR, which is something entirely different altogether. You are alluding to Taylor's passer rating. If his QBR was 89.6 on the season, he'd be like the best quarterback ever.

And I agree with your overall premise but a) he only played in 14 games last year and b) he has 6 INT's each of last two years.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Curious, MAJBobby.

What QB's are:

1) Available.

2) Demonstrably Better.

3) Willing to come to Buffalo

By your logic dumping Taylor will improve the team. Sorry, but that is just half of the equation. Who would you REASONABLY expect the Bills to bring in that will provide an upgrade?

Example: Tony Romo

1)Available? Yeah. Will likely be a cap casualty in Dallas and command a HUGE salary on the FA market.

2)Better? If he can stay healthy, then yes. Huge IF though. Romo has played in just 4 of the last 32 games.

3)Willing to come to Buffalo. Honestly, I don't know. If the money is right, I suppose, and as in #1, bidding will be fierce.

So, MAJBobby, who do you have? Make a strong case that your guy will be better than Taylor.

Deshaun Watson

Will give you same play rookie year (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy

Will give tou same play rookie year (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes

Will give you similar play as rookie (with growth room)

Yep will come to Buffalo

THis really does not have to be a black and white answer......

They should keep TT

AND

THey should draft a QB

Is there any doubt that Tyrod had some regression in his game this year? I am a card carrying member of the COT and I say he regressed this year......still the head of a snake that was 7th in scoring points in the NFL.....a league low in turning the ball over........his receivers barely played together......

but

Why not hedge your bet? Draft a kid with potential.

Because they wont.

What team is going to pick an option up that Guaranteed next two years then use a top pick on a QB

Deshaun Watson

Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy

Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes

Yep will come to Buffalo

Because they wont.

What team is going to pick an option up that Guaranteed next two years then use a top pick on a QB

A team that understands they need to continue to look for their qb?

THis really does not have to be a black and white answer......

They should keep TT

AND

THey should draft a QB

Is there any doubt that Tyrod had some regression in his game this year? I am a card carrying member of the COT and I say he regressed this year......still the head of a snake that was 7th in scoring points in the NFL.....a league low in turning the ball over........his receivers barely played together......

but

Why not hedge your bet? Draft a kid with potential.

this is the correct answer. Well done John :thumbsup:

Bills are crazy to not bring him back. I'm bringing him back and I'm also continually looking to improve at QB. That means drafting Deshaun Watson and edveloping him, and that means developing C.Jones further. When one shows enough to rerplace TT, so be it. But, not until, and the other options in FA are not excting to me.

I am thinking along similar lines

Nope get a score when it matters.

Buh bye.

4 losses

Sea - get a Score QB many top 15 do to close the game

Raiders - complete a pass QB stop giving 3 and outs and short fields when game on line

Ravens - Do something QB like really look like you belong

MIA - get a score when it matters QB you know the two cracks in OT you had

Have a better record than 1 or 2 wins QB when trailing by 4 points or more at any point in the game.

See can ask alot more from a QB

You realize you are a crazy person, right?

Deshaun Watson

Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy

Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes

Yep will come to Buffalo

Because they wont.

So all three of those guys give you the sixth highest scoring offense as a rookie? Nice!

We are about to have a HC change....under a 2nd year owner

We dont really know what is going to happen

Ok cool yet EVERY advisor of Pegula has been a part of the Suck for years

You realize you are a crazy person, right?

So all three of those guys give you the sixth highest scoring offense as a rookie? Nice!

Prove to me Taylor does in 2017 and you have an argument

Yeah i am crazy. I shouldnt be asking my QB to win me a football game. Jesus commit me

Did Dallas know they were gonna get the leagues 12 scoring Rookie? And secure a playoff run?

Edited by MAJBobby

Deshaun Watson

Yep will come to Buffalo

Mitch Trubinksy

Yep will come to Buffalo

Patrick Mahomes

Yep will come to Buffalo

Because they wont.

All 3 of these guys never played a down in the NFL. Nothing says they will be better, just pure speculation on your part - which is exactly what every team does when they draft a QB. No one knew Brady was going to happen, same thing with Rodgers.

I think a QB is on the draft board, but until you come up with a proven alternative, I think TT gets his $$. At the very least, an improved WR corp and someone who can tackle on D is a top priority.

As far as Rex....he probably goes

Edited by Rock Pile Guy

All 3 of these guys never played a down in the NFL. Nothing says they will be better, just pure speculation on your part - which is exactly what every team does when they draft a QB. No one knew Brady was going to happen, same thing with Rodgers.

I think a QB is on the draft board, but until you come up with a proven alternative, I think TT gets his $$. At the very least, an improved WR corp and someone who can tackle on D is a top priority.

As far as Rex....he probably goes

What part if History of Bills says that they are gonna guarantee 2017 and 2018 to a QB and bring in meaningful competition. Nah they will draft a late round long term project