Places to eat in Buffalo this weekend

PromoTheRobot

Planning my Sabres/UB Basketball/Bills weekend. Trying to hit some good eating establishments and looking for suggestions. Currently on my list are 1) Frankie Primo's +39 on Chippewa, 2) Allen Burger Venture on Allen, 3) DiTondo's on Seneca, 4) Dinosaur BBQ on Franklin. How's Russel's Steak House on Transit? Any other suggestions?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Planning my Sabres/UB Basketball/Bills weekend. Trying to hit some good eating establishments and looking for suggestions. Currently on my list are 1) Frankie Primo's +39 on Chippewa, 2) Allen Burger Venture on Allen, 3) DiTondo's on Seneca. Any other suggestions?

Drop some of those wings off in Boston on your way home!!!

If you like Asian food Buffalo has one of the top rated Burmese restaurants in US, Burma Sun.

http://www.suncuisines.com/

1989 Niagara St., Buffalo, NY 14207
716-447-0202

I understand it partially located there because of small community in area.

It was my contribution to a thread which was in this forum on best restaurants in Buffalo area.

Planning my Sabres/UB Basketball/Bills weekend. Trying to hit some good eating establishments and looking for suggestions. Currently on my list are 1) Frankie Primo's +39 on Chippewa, 2) Allen Burger Venture on Allen, 3) DiTondo's on Seneca, 4) Dinosaur BBQ on Franklin. How's Russel's Steak House on Transit? Any other suggestions?

Aro Tapas in Williamsville--fantastic.

Russell's is solid if you get the Dinner for 2 menu (it's not for 2 people; that's just what it's called)...best deal in town. Soup or salad, 6 oz filet, side, and dessert for $40.

If you like Asian food Buffalo has one of the top rated Burmese restaurants in US, Burma Sun.

716-447-0202

It was my contribution to a thread which was in this forum on best restaurants in Buffalo area.

Thanks for this...may go there this weekend..dont think i have ever had Burmese !

716-447-0202

I love trying exotic cuisines. I'll try to work that one in.

I'm staying at a hotel by Russell's. Are you saying you can order the Dinner for 2 deal for just one?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Made dinner reservations for DiTondo's Friday and Frankie Primo's Saturday. Will try to hit Sun Burmese for lunch Saturday. Will skip the usual tailgate for breakfast at the original pancake house Sunday. That pretty much takes care of the weekend.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Holy smokes..just googled Allen Burger Venture...$16 for a burger??? Hope you enjoy...i be passing!

Edited by plenzmd1

My review of DiTondo's...

My chicken & eggplant parm was good, not spectacular. But serving was more than enough for two. Buddy had white clam linguine. Also good. Dessert however was spectacular. Homemade coconut cream pie. Prices were moderate.

Frankie Primos tonight after basketball. I have high hopes.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My review of DiTondo's...

My chicken & eggplant parm was good, not spectacular. But serving was more than enough for two. Buddy had white clam linguine. Also good. Dessert however was spectacular. Homemade coconut cream pie. Prices were moderate.

Frankie Primos tonight after basketball. I have high hopes.

Is your New Year's resolution to diet?

Is your New Year's resolution to diet?

When I get back to NH. :rolleyes: I mean you can't come to Buffalo and not sample the fare.

If you are looking for sponge candy as a Xmas gift, Ko-Ed Candies makes exceptional sponge in flavors. You can order online.

At Sun now for lunch. Will have a review later.

When I get back to NH. :rolleyes: I mean you can't come to Buffalo and not sample the fare.

If you are looking for sponge candy as a Xmas gift, Ko-Ed Candies makes exceptional sponge in flavors. You can order online.

At Sun now for lunch. Will have a review later.

If you are going to the Canisius/UB game give us a report. I'm a Canisius grad so I'll be rooting for the Golden Griffs. I would love to see the local teams including UB, Canisius, Niagra and Bonnie all revive their programs and generate local interest in the college game. UB under Hurley and their present coach has taken a step up. I'm hoping that under Witherspoon that the Griffs can become respectable.

If you are going to the Canisius/UB game give us a report. I'm a Canisius grad so I'll be rooting for the Golden Griffs. I would love to see the local teams including UB, Canisius, Niagra and Bonnie all revive their programs and generate local interest in the college game. UB under Hurley and their present coach has taken a step up. I'm hoping that under Witherspoon that the Griffs can become respectable.

Sure. Right now the report is Niagara giving Bona a game.

I'm guessing 4K in the stands. For the money it's a great day's entertainment. All tix $25 Inc club level. Ramp parking $5. Quality ball. Why not bring the kids?

Edited by PromoTheRobot