Places to eat in Buffalo this weekend

PromoTheRobot

If you are going to the Canisius/UB game give us a report. I'm a Canisius grad so I'll be rooting for the Golden Griffs. I would love to see the local teams including UB, Canisius, Niagra and Bonnie all revive their programs and generate local interest in the college game. UB under Hurley and their present coach has taken a step up. I'm hoping that under Witherspoon that the Griffs can become respectable.

Meant to answer sooner. Congratulations on the Griffs beating UB in OT. They are a fast team. But really UB won it in regulation. That was a BS offensive call there at the end.

Meant to answer sooner. Congratulations on the Griffs beating UB in OT. They are a fast team. But really UB won it in regulation. That was a BS offensive call there at the end.

Thanks for the congrats.

It sure would be nice if the Griffs unders Witherspoon can take a step forward. I'm aware that coach Baron stated that he left for family reasons but I'm sure a factor in his retirement was the lack of interest from the students and locals.

I root for all the local teams. There is a collective interest in seeing western NY basketball elevated. There once was a time when the Big Three and the Aud had something going. What it comes down to is recruiting as demonstrated by what Hurley did in his short and successful stint at UB. It seems that Witherspoon is going to work the Canadian market. There is a lot of very good players sitting and languishing on the bench at the high end college programs who if they went to a tier II program like Canisius would instead being playing.

By the way what was the attendance?

Edited by JohnC

Attendance was announced as 5K. I was guessing 4K watched Bona/Niagara. About a quarter left after the first game. I'd say 3K watched UB/Canisius. My buddy said back in the day, a college basketball game at the Aud would draw $10K+.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Attendance was announced as 5K. I was guessing 4K watched Bona/Niagara. About a quarter left after the first game. I'd say 3K watched UB/Canisius. My buddy said back in the day, a college basketball game at the Aud would draw $10K+.

For a little three rivalry game among Canisius, Bonnie and Niagra the arena would be sold out or close to it. The energy in the aud was memorable. During the Bob Lanier era Bonnie was one of the top teams in the country. Calvin Murphy was also another legend who was pound for pound one of the best and toughest players in the country. Another player who was fantastic in the aud era was Buffalo State's Randy Smith. He was one of the fastest players not only in the college ranks but also the pro ranks.

No kidding at that price how good can it be.

I went to the Black Iron Burger in midtown Manhattan a couple weeks ago. It was a mushroom-truffle burger. Some fancy shrooms, truffle slices, thick cut bacon, and slices of black truffle. 11$ with a load of great french fries. Maybe the best burger I have ever eaten.

I went to the Black Iron Burger in midtown Manhattan a couple weeks ago. It was a mushroom-truffle burger. Some fancy shrooms, truffle slices, thick cut bacon, and slices of black truffle. 11$ with a load of great french fries. Maybe the best burger I have ever eaten.

Sold! Be in NYC for a few days over Christmas break. Tend to stay out of mid-town this time of year, but that sounds awesome! Will google it up and make for lunch one day.

Edit. See ther is one in Chelsea...that's a winner winner!

Edited by plenzmd1

Truffle slices twice or different types of truffles?