Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

Yes we do...he is NOT making draft picks.

We picked TJ Graham over Russell Wilson because Buddy Nix wanted a speedy WR.

We picked Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton because Buddy Nix believed in Fitz.

We could've offered the same package that Minnesota offered Seattle to move up and get Teddy Bridgewater if we wanted to move up and get Carr, but we didn't.

None of those are Russ's doing, and I can't imagine that anyone believes otherwise.

yes, we do

He was influential is getting Rex on board. How do we know what else he had his meddling hands in

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes we do...he is NOT making draft picks.

We picked TJ Graham over Russell Wilson because Buddy Nix wanted a speedy WR.

We picked Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton because Buddy Nix believed in Fitz.

We could've offered the same package that Minnesota offered Seattle to move up and get Teddy Bridgewater if we wanted to move up and get Carr, but we didn't.

None of those are Russ's doing, and I can't imagine that anyone believes otherwise.

yes, we do

No one said Russ is solely making the decision on draft picks.

Don't be silly.

The point is that he is influencing the decision and that is intolerable.

You're missing the point. It would have been smart to draft any of those 3 QBs, but this organization didn't. And Russ is involved at least tangentially in football matters.

My point is not that Russ is the problem and we need to focus in on him, but keep everyone else.

My point is everyone needs to go, including Brandon.

No, you're missing the point.

What is the #1 reason that this team has had 17 years of non-playoffs? No QB.

Who makes the decision on who to draft/sign? The GM and personnel department.

That folks want to make it about Russ is exactly as Leroi said: a witch hunt.

No one said Russ is solely making the decision on draft picks.

Don't be silly.

The point is that he is influencing the decision and that is intolerable.

He's not deciding on draft picks at all. Nor FAs.

That's Whaley, and the entire front office has been clear as crystal about that.

Why some folks need to make this out to be some type of mystery will never make sense to me.

That's Whaley, and the entire front office has been clear as crystal about that.

Why some folks need to make this out to be some type of mystery will never make sense to me.

During his entire tenure there has been a dysfunction

To repeat, he is not making the picks; he is likely influencing football related decisions including picks.

The man was directly involved in hiring the HC but you think it's impossible to suggest he has had influence in the drafting process too, as he sits at the GM's right hand at the draft table!?

Come on man.

Of course we have had a long line of crap GMs and Whaley isn't much better...

But I guess you are suggesting Russ has NOTHING to do with anything, right?

He just runs the marketing program?

Please.

Media is circling one bills drive like buzzards right now, ready to eat the carcass, any carcass will do just throw one out to em.

could be but he seems to be involved with every major decision . We know he was involved in the coaching search

its unfortunate how much influence he's seemingly had un decisions that have caused damage to the organization. Gotta wonder how many more he'll be allowed to make?

Media is circling one bills drive like buzzards right now, ready to eat the carcass, any carcass will do just throw one out to em.

its unfortunate how much influence he's seemingly had un decisions that have caused damage to the organization. Gotta wonder how many more he'll be allowed to make?

his decision to let Wade go was the worst

To repeat, he is not making the picks; he is likely influencing football related decisions including picks.

The man was directly involved in hiring the HC but you think it's impossible to suggest he has had influence in the drafting process too, as he sits at the GM's right hand at the draft table!?

Come on man.

Of course we have had a long line of crap GMs and Whaley isn't much better...

But I guess you are suggesting Russ has NOTHING to do with anything, right?

He just runs the marketing program?

Please.

Seattle's president of marketing sits in the daft room as well--that means absolutely nothing.

What picks has he "influenced" and how? That's a rather nebulous accusation.

If you want to pick on Russ for a football decision, start with Whaley, who he hired and promoted to GM.

It's much easier for the dims to have a lightning rod to soak up their disdain then look at the very complex operations of an NFL team and so we have Russ Brandon so we have a target to b*tch about..

I see you've read almost none of the 5 pages on this topic.

Keep up the excellent work. Stay sharp!

I see you've read almost none of the 5 pages on this topic.

Keep up the excellent work. Stay sharp!

Unfortunately, I could stomach about 5-6 of your posts before the contents of my stomachs decided to leave.

Would you care to point out where you had a rational thought in your hot mess of posts in this thread?

To me, it just confirms in my mind that Russ should be headed out the door as part of a top-to-bottom cleaning of the football department. What do we know?

- Russ was a big Rex Ryan supporter and persuaded the Pegulas to hire him, despite the GM supposedly being against the move.

- Russ is in a weekly meeting to discuss football with the coach, GM, and owner.

- Russ claims he has no input at all on the football side of the operation. Per points 1 and 2 above, that is a lie.

- Russ sold away one home game per year to Toronto, putting the team at a competitive disadvantage, and told fans to shut up about it when we complained.

- Russ used the football department as a marketing tool. I'm old enough to remember when Russ signed a washed up Terrell Owens. Doug Marrone was another Russ hire that was nothing short of a train wreck.

For all of the above, the man should be let go. I'd be fine with him as a marketing only guy, but it is clear that he can't help himself and insists on meddling with the football operations side of the franchise.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

It's much easier for the dims to have a lightning rod to soak up their disdain then look at the very complex operations of an NFL team and so we have Russ Brandon so we have a target to b*tch about..

Keep fighting the fight if you want, but the media is reporting that Russ is much more involved in football matters than you and others are willing to admit. You should take a lesson from the "dims" and do a little more reading.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/11/blame-runs-deep-bills-failings-fall-feet-rex-ryans/

Seattle's president of marketing sits in the daft room as well--that means absolutely nothing.

If you want to pick on Russ for a football decision, start with Whaley, who he hired and promoted to GM.

Do you agree that Russ influenced Pegula in his decision to hire Rex as HC?

Do you agree that Russ is part of the inner circle of the organization?

Do you agree that he sits at the draft table during drafts?

Is it that hard to connect the dots and suggest he is involved in the conversation, on some level?

Unfortunately, I could stomach about 5-6 of your posts before the contents of my stomachs decided to leave.

Would you care to point out where you had a rational thought in your hot mess of posts in this thread?

OK, ciao.

To me, it just confirms in my mind that Russ should be headed out the door as part of a top-to-bottom cleaning of the football department. What do we know?

- Russ was a big Rex Ryan supporter and persuaded the Pegulas to hire him, despite the GM supposedly being against the move.

- Russ is in a weekly meeting to discuss football with the coach, GM, and owner.

- Russ claims he has no input at all on the football side of the operation. Per points 1 and 2 above, that is a lie.

- Russ sold away one home game per year to Toronto, putting the team at a competitive disadvantage, and told fans to shut up about it when we complained.

- Russ used the football department as a marketing tool. I'm old enough to remember when Russ signed a washed up Terrell Owens. Doug Marrone was another Russ hire that was nothing short of a train wreck.

For all of the above, the man should be let go. I'd be fine with him as a marketing only guy, but it is clear that he can't help himself and insists on meddling with the football operations side of the franchise.

Aside from all of the above, given his particular history with this franchise including being its GM, you just can't put the genie back in the bottle.

There is way too much water under the bridge with this guy to now pat him on the head and ask him to stay in his marketing only play pen.

Absolutely. Who cares if he sits in meetings. if I was him, I would be sitting in the meetings too.

The Tim Graham thread is awesome, this thread not so much.

This is some fringe, conspiracy BS right here.

What are your thoughts on Pizzagate?

What is happening in Antarctica?

This is way out there, groovy man. Puff puff.

Imo

Edited by Leroi

Yes, it educates you on the business and the business side of the operation is where Russ belongs.

That doesn't involve the ins and outs of the game of football, despite the business being a football business.

Do you understand that?

Those three years he was joined at the hip with John Butler, do you think he was learning the "business" aspects? You think John Butler wanted Russ Brandon to mentor him?

Russ Brandon is not involved with the "ins and outs" of the game of football, assuming you mean "ins and outs" as Xs and Os and game planning you seem to think he is intimately involved with.

As an officer in the company and at the behest of his bosses, he is asked for input in other areas, like HC hires, for example. Now I know you can't accept it, but can you understand that?

Edited by K-9