Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

What football decisions is Pegula making??? Football decisions should be Whaley's. You really don't see the problem in this?

Are you kidding? Pegula, and no one else will be the guy who decides its time to fire Rex and hire Coach X.

Those are football decisions.

im not "defending" anything... this is just not uncommon and it's an odd thread. There may be problems with Russ but being in the Monday meetings is part of his job. But I see the outrage is real for some reason, carry on.

Why is "part of his job" and why do you think this common or normal?

In my experience it is not.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not "defending" anything... this is just not uncommon and it's an odd thread. There may be problems with Russ but being in the Monday meetings is part of his job. But I see the outrage is real for some reason, carry on.

I'm more concerned about the owners, but yeah the meetings are odd. So you know for a fact that the majority of owners have Monday morning meetings with their head coach...each and every week?

Are you kidding? Pegula, and no one else will be the guy who decides its time to fire Rex and hire Coach X.

...and you think it is okay that the owners and not the GM are in charge of hiring and firing coaches? If so, this conversation is over.

I'm more concerned about the owners, but yeah the meetings are odd. So you know for a fact that the majority of owners have Monday morning meetings with their head coach...each and every week?

That's not what he's talking about.

He thinks its odd that I don't like Brandon being in the meetings.

Yolo is getting caught up in his business title and figures that means Russ belongs in the meetings.

He doesn't, and the fact that he is is the odd part.

...weekly meetings with the owner to discuss that weeks game in detail? What a joke....and don't tell me that it is their team and they have a right to do blah blah blah.

This organization is as dysfunctional as ever.

Its actually normal, not dysfunctional. The problem is Russ Brandon should be replaced with an actual football guy.

...and you think it is okay that the owners and not the GM are in charge of hiring and firing coaches? If so, this conversation is over.

Oh Jesus. Do you think any GM in pro sports is going to fire his head coach without the approval of the owner first?

Oh Jesus. Do you think any GM in pro sports is going to fire his head coach without the approval of the owner first?

That's not what you said. You implied that the owner has total control over hiring and firing of coaches regardless of what the GM wants....

which is how we ended up with Bozo as our HC.

Edited by LabattBlue

If Rex dropped that info in purpose good for him. Russ should stick to marketing . He should not be involved with any roster or game plan decisions

Thank you. That is all I'm trying to get at, but we have a lot of evidence suggesting Russ is indeed involved in football matters.

Where are you getting this crap? While funny and highly entertaining, it's simply not true. Next, you'll have us believing Russ is actually game planning opponents and is REALLY the one on the other end of the headset.

Where was Russ on that 1st quarter inside belly trap play that Ben checked to Sunday? Two--two!--pulling lineman made the corner ahead of L. Bell...Russ needs to be benched.

Defend the practice all you want. If the Pegula's and Brandon need to know why Taylor sucked, why the defense allowed a 200 yard rusher, or why the Bills can't beat teams with winning records, they are looking to become meddling owners, and chances are Rex is going to BS them anyways.

You really think his answers are any different than the crap coaches spew at their post game press conferences?

The bulk of the Monday meeting with the owners and other front office people is not spent on those issues, however. There's a lot of talk about roster stability vis a vis injuries and other roster machinations that involve moving players and money, etc. in anticipation of the upcoming week. Questions about certain coaching decisions regarding game management come into play and are valid, imo. Others may be about general player performance. Besides, there probably hasn't been the necessary analysis done by each coach at that point to provide the kind of detailed X and O explanations you allude to.

That's not what you said. You implied that the owner has total control over hiring and firing of coaches regardless of what the GM wants....

which is how we ended up with Bozo as our HC.

He does. Which is how we ended up with Bozo as our HC.

You wrote it, not me!

:doh:

I'd venture to guess that after years of being involved with the team and game Russ know much more about football than the Pegula's know, (and you for that matter too) So should the owners not go to these meeting either since they no even less? Do you somehow know that the Pegula's didn't want Russ at these meetings, but he just shows up anyway? Or if the Pegula's did invite him, should Russ decline and tell them, "No I'm only involved with marketing"

Do you think Jerry Jones and his kids don't attend every meeting, probably much more involved.

So just to ask a really dumb question, do you think the Pegula's have the right to attend these meetings? And if the answer to that question is yes, then Russ as president has the need as part of his job to be there. Again, I'm quite confident as was pointed out, they aren't breaking down tape or discussing X's and O's level of detail.

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

Agreed there are many around here that keep bringing up stupid stuff. Here's a suggestion, do some research and find a team where the owner, president, etc,have absolutely zero involvement with the team. And go root for them.

No, you're missing the significance of this and it's part of a larger story that has been discussed in a variety of topics around here the last few days.

I am tuning into the need for Brandon to go more than ever.

If this team keeps everything as is but replaces the coach, expect more of the same in another couple of years.

Who are you and with what authority and certainty do you comment on this?

Is that you Russ?

Not sure of your point.

The point is simple: does nearly 20 years in a business, three of which were spent tagging along with a respected GM at his behest, tend to educate a person about that business or not?

And no, I'm not Russ Brandon.

I'd venture to guess that after years of being involved with the team and game Russ know much more about football than the Pegula's know, (and you for that matter too) So should the owners not go to these meeting either since they no even less? Do you somehow know that the Pegula's didn't want Russ at these meetings, but he just shows up anyway? Or if the Pegula's did invite him, should Russ decline and tell them, "No I'm only involved with marketing"

Do you think Jerry Jones and his kids don't attend every meeting, probably much more involved.

So just to ask a really dumb question, do you think the Pegula's have the right to attend these meetings? And if the answer to that question is yes, then Russ as president has the need as part of his job to be there. Again, I'm quite confident as was pointed out, they aren't breaking down tape or discussing X's and O's level of detail.

Agreed there are many around here that keep bringing up stupid stuff. Here's a suggestion, do some research and find a team where the owner, president, etc,have absolutely zero involvement with the team. And go root for them.

As DC Tom would say, "you're an idiot."

Who are you and with what authority and certainty do you comment on this?

Is that you Russ?

I, and others that have been on this board for longer than I have, will vouch for K-9.

He has worked for the team in a football capacity, and knows what he's talking about.

Witch Hunt?? Anyone? Anyone?

Is this what the next 4 years will be like? Have some respect and enjoy the ride or get the F off the bus.

Imo

Yes, it's a witch hunt.

As DC Tom would say, "you're an idiot."

If he hasn't given you the right to call people that, then I'm afraid it's against the TOS